tModLoader BotanyPlus - Alchemy plant enhancement mod

NeonSea

Terrarian
icon.png

BotanyPlus is a mod that adds a few things to make farming plants for alchemy a bit easier, particularly with smaller-profile farms. I'm brand new to modding and this release is a basic draft of what I'd like the mod to be able to do eventually, so I'm open to any suggestions for changes or improvements that can be made in the future.

What the mod currently offers:

Items

GaiaStaff.png
Gaia Staff - An upgraded Staff of Regrowth that greatly increases drop rate of plants on harvest and instantly grows trees from planted saplings

GrowthLantern.gif
SpiritLantern.gif
Growth and Spirit Lanterns - Increase the growth rate of plants within range. The Spirit variant has a stronger effect and also forces all nearby plants to always bloom when fully grown

TransmutationTable.gif
Transmutation Table - An upgraded Alchemy Table that gives a 66% chance to conserve potion ingredients, and also acts as a water source

Changes to vanilla behavior

• The Staff of Regrowth (and its upgrade) can be auto-selected when hovering over plants, will target plants while Smart Cursor is enabled, and can automatically replant seeds in planter boxes and clay pots

Recolored sprites are placeholders for now, although I am not really very good at spriting and this is a small mod so they are a low priority.

The current version can be found on the mod browser.
Source code

v0.1.2 changes:
Added seed replanting ability to vanilla Staff of Regrowth
Made Gaia Staff match the Staff of Regrowth's speed when breaking plants
Adjusted growth rate of Spirit Lantern
Slight adjustments to recipes

Last edited:
This is a really fantastic set of ideas! I absolutely love the concepts. I can't even think of anything better after what I just read. Well done!

This is a really fantastic set of ideas! I absolutely love the concepts. I can't even think of anything better after what I just read. Well done!
Thank you for saying so! I got the idea after realizing that a lot of my modded playthroughs were being oversaturated with money sinks, and I wanted to come up with a solution to address my issue of "not enough potions" without just sidestepping the potion-making mechanic. Hopefully this mod does a decent job of accomplishing that.

In any case, I've published version 0.1.2 which I think brings the currently existing features to a point where they work without any of the major issues I was running into when I first implemented them, so I want to start looking at adding more features such as compatibility with herbs from other mods. If anyone knows of any mods that add plants that you'd like to see this mod work with, please let me know.

Really enjoying the mod being able to harvest and replant at insane speeds, but I'm having an issue after upgrading to the Gaia Staff.

The Staff of Regrowth was behaving odd leading up to the upgrade, able to do all the things I mentioned which appears to be what the Gaia Staff was supposed to do. The Gaia Staff however is not functioning at all even without using smart cursor.

I'm not sure if it's a general problem with the mod or something caused by my fairly extensive list of mods. I attached the contents of my modloader mods folder if it's any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-06 010659.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-06 010659.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 162
Really enjoying the mod being able to harvest and replant at insane speeds, but I'm having an issue after upgrading to the Gaia Staff.

The Staff of Regrowth was behaving odd leading up to the upgrade, able to do all the things I mentioned which appears to be what the Gaia Staff was supposed to do. The Gaia Staff however is not functioning at all even without using smart cursor.

I'm not sure if it's a general problem with the mod or something caused by my fairly extensive list of mods. I attached the contents of my modloader mods folder if it's any help.

It is due to the block swap mod. I just tested it, there is another block swap mod that does the same thing as the one labeled 1.4 but it works with this mod as well. Just type in the browser block swap and you should find it. Again, the one not labeled 1.4

Hey! I love your mod. For someone new to modding you've made an amazing mod! It's about time that we got an anto-replant functionality to the Staff of Regrowth.

Now I have two requests if you don't mind:

1) Could you please add the auto-replant functionality and a seed drop to pumpkins? It's a pain to go get new seeds every time. Plus, pumpkins are full of seeds. Realism and all that.
2) Could you make a standalone Lite version that only includes the Staff of Gaïa and the auto-replant changes? You're already getting a lot of herbs, an improved Alchemy Table and the Growth/Spirit Lanterns are complete overkill imo.

Edit: Additionally, Thorium adds a new plant (Marine Kelp). This mod is very popular so maybe you could add compatibility with that.
Edit 2: In multiplayer, because of server lag, auto-replant doesn't work well. It shows the seed being planted, but it then grows into normal flowers (or doesn't show anymore after a reload).

Last edited:
Hi, i was looking for a LUAFK replacement mod for the auto-harvesting and i found your mod (thanks google) and i tried to download, but since doesn't show up on my tmodloader i guess it's for 1.3

anyways i'm quite happy with this mod and i have a suggestion, what do you think about combining a chest, the gaia staff and growth/spirit lantern and seed/accorn into one single item that doesn't speed up plant growth but instead it "collects and replants" automatically? like placing the flowers in the chest automatically in a radious. depending of if you use seeds in the recipe it collects flowers or if you use accorns/wood it collects wood.

Back
Top Bottom