What are some bad weapons you like?

I know some of you probably disagree, but I’d call almost every sentry bad. How often do you even use them outside of OOA and occasionally wall cheesing?

I personally almost never use them. You’re often almost always moving too fast or are too far away from the sentry for it to even target the boss you’re fighting. Their damage you get from them isn’t also exactly noteworthy, and they are crippled by the huge design flaw that they disappear after two minutes, meaning you can’t even use them as primary damage in AFK farms, which you’d think should be their best purpose.

The only sentry I ever actually use outside of OOA is the Queen Spider, because it actually has enough damage to make a dent the events of its tier. Every other one is simply not worth the effort, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Don’t know if those are really considered bad, but yeah those are great. Not much to say versus bosses where you should use something with more range, but they’re among the best choices for early game exploration.
nah bro these guys shred EoC and EoW like cheese. just felt like they’re overlooked too much and not really terrible. more like “underrated”

nah bro these guys shred EoC and EoW like cheese. just felt like they’re overlooked too much and not really terrible. more like “underrated”
I doubt it shreds EoC in expert mode but I can believe it for EoW just because of how much piercing it has.

I doubt it shreds EoC in expert mode but I can believe it for EoW just because of how much piercing it has.
For EoW, you have Ball o’ Hurt which you should literally get in the process of summoning the boss, no competition there. I also prefer Starfury for melee against the Eye, it has range and the Eye is big enough to hit consistently. Although it is a good melee weapon to use on the Brain, that’s true.

I know some of you probably disagree, but I’d call almost every sentry bad. How often do you even use them outside of OOA and occasionally wall cheesing?
I don't think you're completely wrong in your assessment, but from the perspective of a person who uses Sentries quite a bit, I think it mostly comes down to "playstyle". If you're the kind of player who might be overwhelmed by having to micromanage your tools, while also under pressure, Sentries aren't really going to help you much. 🤔🥤

The biggest reason I think Sentries are more desirable in OOA Events, outside of them being mostly permanent, is that the Event literally raises a bright-yellow flag, letting a player know that it's ok to take a breather & start setting up your defenses. This isn't a luxury afforded to them outside of such an obvious event, so it's much harder to recognize visual cues, with smaller windows.

I personally almost never use them. You’re often almost always moving too fast or are too far away from the sentry for it to even target the boss you’re fighting. Their damage you get from them isn’t also exactly noteworthy, and they are crippled by the huge design flaw that they disappear after two minutes, meaning you can’t even use them as primary damage in AFK farms, which you’d think should be their best purpose.
From my many hours of Sentry use, I'd say that they aren't for everyone. For one example, to get the most out of your Sentries, it requires the player to do a TON of leashing, if being in control of the fight is too difficult, building an Arena is often the best move. Honestly, it's tough to argue for or against them, as if you don't like the mechanics behind them, they'll never stop being "too troublesome to summon", whereas if you do, they're just as functional as they are in OOA Events, which no one would argue is a pretty darn great addition when being swarmed.

The only sentry I ever actually use outside of OOA is the Queen Spider, because it actually has enough damage to make a dent the events of its tier. Every other one is simply not worth the effort, in my opinion.
I agree, but mostly because Queens Spider has a TON of obvious benefits. Though you praise her DPS, I'd argue that you likely enjoy her knockback more & the damage is just the icing on the cake. Either way... I'd never suggest that Sentries are essential tools, on any difficulty, but I would say, those few times you did die to a Enemy/ Boss, likely wouldn't have happened if you had Sentries. 😏🤷‍♂️

Whilst I completely agree that sentries are not in a good spot in terms of power, I still love them and find uses for them even outside of the OOA event.

For example, when building stuff in pre-hardmode, I always have my minions just awkwardly stuck in blocks 90% of the time, so they don't keep enemies off of me. A ballista or a flameburst, on the other hand, will stay exactly where it's put, meaning it won't just refuse to attack anything when you move a little bit to the left. Early game minions are also pretty inaccurate even in open spaces, and even though sentries themselves are also inaccurate, putting one near you won't hurt, at least it will increase the chances of hitting something.

Even durning boss fights, just dropping down a sentry can help, since they will inevitably land at least some hits, which ultimately means at least a few hundred extra damage. Now, that doesn't seem spectacular, however, it's basically free damage that you get at no cost whatsoever. So, while ultimately you could argue whether they're viable or not, and whether re-summoning them is worth it, I think it's safe to say there is also no reason not to have one in your inventory, at least for that extra bit of free damage durning the start of a boss fight.

I've always been a fan of the Optic Staff. Say whatever you want about its iframe and tracking issues, having dozens of Mini Twins on the screen is so much fun.

My other two are the Chlorophyte Saber and Keybrand, I love their designs, I like the Saber's projectiles and the ridiculous damage a Keybrand can deal as well as its special effects i also have an unhealthy obsession with true melee weapons.

My Favorite "Bad" weapon is the Toxikarp. It's not actually BAD, but it's immediately outclassed and its projectiles are almost useless at long range. I just like the sound it makes and way the projectiles work.

My second favorite has to be Ice Sickle. Honestly, if it has less knockback it would be a really good weapon.

My second favorite has to be Ice Sickle. Honestly, if it has less knockback it would be a really good weapon.
Its downfall is Titan Glove. It and Death Sickle have the perfect base knockback and end up pushing enemies too far and out of its area of effect with Titan Glove, and with it and Death Sickle you should use a different offensive accessory than a Titan Glove tinker.

My nice little 18-inch OBR 5.56. The 7.62 is much more powerful but will wrench your shoulder clean off.

I still prefer bow and arrow to either.

i don´t know why but i love the death sickle i just get hypnotized by the swirling purple scythe another one i like is the psycho knife

Really? I didn´t know that. I thought it would get cast aside by players with the terra blade or meowmere or whatever.

P.S. I will do the generation thing maybe

Back
Top Bottom