Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

well, I'd need to see the TerraCustom\Logs\client.log file from the first attempt. That sounds like what is described in the install instructions.
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.8.1 OSX client (2/25/2021)
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on Mono 4.6.1
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: /Applications/TerraCustom.Mac.v0.8.1.1/TerraCustom.app/Contents/MacOS/TerraCustom.exe
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: /Applications/TerraCustom.Mac.v0.8.1.1/TerraCustom.app/Contents/MacOS
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[21:24:44] [1/WARN] [tML]: First-chance exception reporting is not implemented on Mono
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.Utils, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.11.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
[21:24:45] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Hook IL.Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry::ValidateOutput(string, Stream, out string) modified by Terraria
[21:24:45] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Steamworks.NET, Version=9.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[21:24:45] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "fake-messagebox.txt"

The readme instructions are incredibly vague, it just says place the Terracustom folder next to the Terraria install folder. Terraria is in the Applications folder so that would mean the Terracustom folder would also have to be in the Applications folders well, correct?

Last edited:
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.8.1 OSX client (2/25/2021)
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on Mono 4.6.1
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: /Applications/TerraCustom.Mac.v0.8.1.1/TerraCustom.app/Contents/MacOS/TerraCustom.exe
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: /Applications/TerraCustom.Mac.v0.8.1.1/TerraCustom.app/Contents/MacOS
[21:24:44] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[21:24:44] [1/WARN] [tML]: First-chance exception reporting is not implemented on Mono
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.Utils, Version=20.5.14.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.11.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c
[21:24:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
[21:24:45] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Hook IL.Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry::ValidateOutput(string, Stream, out string) modified by Terraria
[21:24:45] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: Terraria, Version=1.3.5.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Steamworks.NET, Version=9.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[21:24:45] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "fake-messagebox.txt"

The readme instructions are incredibly vague, it just says place the Terracustom folder next to the Terraria install folder. Terraria is in the Applications folder so that would mean the Terracustom folder would also have to be in the Applications folders well, correct?
I dunno, my guess is through your attempts you've left folders around that trick the game into looking elsewhere for the Contents folder. If you are on GOG, you should have Terraria.app and TerraCustom.app in the Applications folder, on steam you should have Terraria/Terraria.app and TerraCustom/TerraCustom.app in the Applications folder. Get rid of any extra folders you made as you tried to get it working. If it's not working, coming to chat live is probably a lot easier to figure out the issue, you can come to the discord linked in the 1st post.

Just curious, I use the 64bit version of tMod, with a lot of mods, so much so the original tMod runs out of memory when trying to run with all the mods I have. when I use this tool, it crashes on me. is there anything I can do (besides disabling mods), or is there another tool like this?

Just curious, I use the 64bit version of tMod, with a lot of mods, so much so the original tMod runs out of memory when trying to run with all the mods I have. when I use this tool, it crashes on me. is there anything I can do (besides disabling mods), or is there another tool like this?
This is the only one, and I haven't made a 64 bit version, so yeah, disable mods that don't affect world gen until you get below the limit

This is the only one, and I haven't made a 64 bit version, so yeah, disable mods that don't affect world gen until you get below the limit
I tried disabled all the mods that does not affect the world gen. it loaded up fine but when I tried creating the world it said it ran out of memory. will there be a 64 bit version in the future?

I am always stuck at "spreading grass". I have no mods loaded, only tmodloader itself it present, what can I do ? I would like to generate bigger world, than the large preset size. tmod 0.11.8.1

I understand you won't budge on TerraCustom for 64 bit, but is there any way that I could load TerraCustom in full screen so that Windows can keep other programs from stealing TerraCustom's ram?

I understand you won't budge on TerraCustom for 64 bit, but is there any way that I could load TerraCustom in full screen so that Windows can keep other programs from stealing TerraCustom's ram?
No, I think I forced it to be windowed since that's how I intend users to use it. Being fullscreen wouldn't affect ram usage, I've never heard of such a heuristic.

Hey guys, was looking at playing Terraria again on a XL world. Anyone have any recommendations for slider settings, things to avoid maybe, or other stuff worth mentioning perhaps?

Given the growing number of options that will be made available in the future, any plans on doing a new UI design?

Will you make a Tmod 64bit version in the future? A lot of us use it and it would be very helpful, especially when tmod 1.4 arrives and the big content mods start updating.
(Tmod 64bit will also update for 1.4 of course)

I'm have trouble getting TerraCustom to run after taking a break from playing. Has anyone else seen this problem lately?

7/9/2021 1:33:53 AM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tModLoader\Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Terraria.ModLoader.Engine.TMLContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Engine.TMLContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
at Terraria.Main.LoadTextures()
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DeviceCreated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.OnDeviceCreated(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation newInfo)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
at Terraria.Main.SetGraphicsProfileInternal()
at Terraria.Main.SetGraphicsProfile(GraphicsProfile profile)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

7/13/2021 4:18:19 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". File not found. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tModLoader\Content\Fonts\Item_Stack.xnb'.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.OnDeviceCreated(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation newInfo)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)

Last edited:
I'm have trouble getting TerraCustom to run after taking a break from playing. Has anyone else seen this problem lately?

7/9/2021 1:33:53 AM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tModLoader\Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb'.
at Terraria.Main.LoadTextures()

7/13/2021 4:18:19 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Fonts\Item_Stack". File not found. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tModLoader\Content\Fonts\Item_Stack.xnb'.
at Terraria.Main.LoadFonts()
This usually means your vanilla install isn't up to date or missing. It also looks like maybe you didn't follow the install instructions, it should not be in the tmodloader folder

This usually means your vanilla install isn't up to date or missing. It also looks like maybe you didn't follow the install instructions, it should not be in the tmodloader folder
Thats the rub, actually. I tried following the instructions first, but that was the same, only worse. The vanilla folder has even fewer of the files TerraCustom wants. Tilecracks.xnb is not a file thats installed when I reinstalled Terraria. I had to hunt it down from a four year old version on an old computer in the attic.

Thats the rub, actually. I tried following the instructions first, but that was the same, only worse. The vanilla folder has even fewer of the files TerraCustom wants. Tilecracks.xnb is not a file thats installed when I reinstalled Terraria. I had to hunt it down from a four year old version on an old computer in the attic.
Tilecracks.xnb is in the Terraria 1.4.2.3 I just installed on steam. Not sure what is up. Another thing people forget to do when installing is forgetting to unzip the Content folder from the TerraCustom zip. Another common issue is people installing tmodloader or terracustom into the vanilla terraria folder and accidentally modifying the vanilla files in that process. I can walk you through any issues in real time if you come to my discord, if you want.

Back
Top Bottom