Official The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop

What is the moon lord track ID? I've looked for a while and haven't found it.
Should be Music_38.

All of the track IDs are listed in the spoiler. Go to the Music Pack section HERE and open the spoiler to view them all. :)
1618013556190.png

know im a bit late to the party, but does anyone know the death text in the massive file that is the "all localization"?
yes, Basically search "Deathtext" and you should get down to the section with them
the row starting with "DeathText.Burned" to "DeathTextGeneric.TornInHalf" are the once i assume your looking for.

or go to line 3568-3620 if you have a more advanced text editor like wordpad++
which I'd recommend you use over the default notepad
^.~

In "DeathText" & "DeathTextGeneric"
{0} is the player's name
{1} is the World's Name

for "DeathSource" it is a bit different:
Code:
"DeathSource.NPC","{0} by {1}."
"DeathSource.Player","{0} by {1}'s {2}."
"DeathSource.Projectile","{0} by {1}."
=
"DeathSource.NPC","{DeathTextGeneric} by {NPC_Name}."
"DeathSource.Player","{DeathTextGeneric} by {Player_Name}'s {Weapon_Name}."
"DeathSource.Projectile","{DeathTextGeneric} by {Weapon_Name}."

yes, Basically search "Deathtext" and you should get down to the section with them
the row starting with "DeathText.Burned" to "DeathTextGeneric.TornInHalf" are the once i assume your looking for.

or go to line 3568-3620 if you have a more advanced text editor like wordpad++
which I'd recommend you use over the default notepad
^.~

In "DeathText" & "DeathTextGeneric"
{0} is the player's name
{1} is the World's Name

for "DeathSource" it is a bit different:
Code:
"DeathSource.NPC","{0} by {1}."
"DeathSource.Player","{0} by {1}'s {2}."
"DeathSource.Projectile","{0} by {1}."
=
"DeathSource.NPC","{DeathTextGeneric} by {NPC_Name}."
"DeathSource.Player","{DeathTextGeneric} by {Player_Name}'s {Weapon_Name}."
"DeathSource.Projectile","{DeathTextGeneric} by {Weapon_Name}."
talkin about the "you died!" red text that shows up for a few seconds when you die

Hello, i found another issue that english localization doesn't have. For some reason, integers on the bestiary's percentage have that comma before he "%"
I tried to track it down but just found this on the "BestiaryInfo":

"BestiaryInfo": {
"PercentCollected": "{Percent} collected",
},
Is it possible to find the source of that {percent} or is it coded outside of those json files?

1618333327993.png

So I'm currently developing a language pack that adds some more useful information to tooltips, and one of the things I want to do is make the mouseover text for the grapple and mount equipment slots tell you how to use them. Is there any variable that corresponds to the currently mapped grapple/mount hotkey? Like <right> for right click and <left> for left click.

So I'm currently developing a language pack that adds some more useful information to tooltips, and one of the things I want to do is make the mouseover text for the grapple and mount equipment slots tell you how to use them. Is there any variable that corresponds to the currently mapped grapple/mount hotkey? Like <right> for right click and <left> for left click.
In the Advanced Language Packs section, open up the spoiler named “Advanced Formatting” and look for the “Inputs - <>” section. :)

Hello, i found another issue that english localization doesn't have. For some reason, integers on the bestiary's percentage have that comma before he "%"
I tried to track it down but just found this on the "BestiaryInfo":

"BestiaryInfo": {
"PercentCollected": "{Percent} collected",
},
Is it possible to find the source of that {percent} or is it coded outside of those json files?

View attachment 316413

I've logged this issue to be looked at, thanks for the report!

Is anyone else running into an issue with music packs where the music randomly disables itself and the only fix is to restart the game? This is with every step followed properly, so I have no idea what I’m doing wrong here...

Hey @Leinfors sorry for the mention but this is a question I have, with language packs and let’s say you change the fore gun to HD LIGHTS would you’d till have to search flare gun if you are in journey mode or do you type HD LIGHTS?

Hey @Leinfors sorry for the mention but this is a question I have, with language packs and let’s say you change the fore gun to HD LIGHTS would you’d till have to search flare gun if you are in journey mode or do you type HD LIGHTS?

You would search for the new text, not the original. In your case, "HD LIGHTS"

Terraria 1.4.2.2 Changelog said:
- All Town NPC first names can now be adjusted using Resource Packs
The first name is their random Name and their "surname" would be their profession right?
<.<

like this: {Name} the {profession} = Harley the Guide

Also is there a chance the "All Localizations.csv" will be updated with the new entries?
as it don't think I've cracked the enigma code for them as i had not had any success with:
"GuideNames.Harley","Haley" (nor .json)
"GuideNames.Name_#","Heley" (only tested with .csv)

The first name is their random Name and their "surname" would be their profession right?
<.<

like this: {Name} the {profession} = Harley the Guide

Also is there a chance the "All Localizations.csv" will be updated with the new entries?
as it don't think I've cracked the enigma code for them as i had not had any success with:
"GuideNames.Harley","Haley" (nor .json)
"GuideNames.Name_#","Heley" (only tested with .csv)

I don't really consider their profession to be their surname. However, I was trying to distinguish their "personal name" from the name of their NPC, since for example, the Guide's NPC name is Guide, but his "first name" would be Harley or what have you. He doesn't have a surname.

I'll admit I did my testing with json, and didn't try using csv.

However, the following worked properly for me:
JSON:
"GuideNames": {      
        "Andrew": "BARF",
        "Harley": "BARF",
        "Colin": "BARF"
},

. . . yeah, I know. I tested all of the NPC name replacements in the game by changing their name to BARF. Don't judge me!!!

The rest of the categories (with a few exceptions) should match that formatting almost precisely. <NPCName>Names for all of them. The few exceptions are the ones who's internal category name don't match their in-game finalized name, which are Tavernkeep (BartenderNames), Zoologist (BestiaryGirlNames) and all of the pets, which use a specific format that is like "CatNames_Siamese", "CatNames_Black", depending on the subtype of pet being named.

JSON:
"GuideNames": {  
        "Andrew": "BARF",
        "Harley": "BARF",
        "Colin": "BARF"
},

. . . yeah, I know. I tested all of the NPC name replacements in the game by changing their name to BARF. Don't judge me!!!
Ah we were just thinking past one another, but still on the same wave length
XD

No it's actually a good idea you did that, I just put "Name" instead
tongue.png

to see if anything changed, didn't see any change... the final result would have been "Haley"

Edit:
Oh... i found the puzzle i Needed a New guide to spawn!
i made a new world world and "Name the Archer" Greeted me
:O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom