Unleash Your Creativity - Terraria Steam Workshop Support Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a logic gate lamp could be renamed "strange pulsating rod" for example?

So texture packs can't make wires look different at all? Is that something to do with layers etc.?

1. Yes, you can rename items.

2. Texture packs can change the appears of Wires, definitely. The original question seemed phrased towards "in-game settings", but via Texture Packs, you could replace the Wire textures with entirely blank spritesheets if you wanted to. But COMPLETELY removing all wire visibility in this manner would definitely be a very awkward thing to do, you wouldn't be able to work on them at all. FYI, the sprites for Wire overlays are Wires.png, Wires2.png, Wires3.png and Wires4.png, in the main Images folder.

1. Yes, you can rename items.
Amazing.
2. Texture packs can change the appears of Wires, definitely. The original question seemed phrased towards "in-game settings", but via Texture Packs, you could replace the Wire textures with entirely blank spritesheets if you wanted to. But COMPLETELY removing all wire visibility in this manner would definitely be a very awkward thing to do, you wouldn't be able to work on them at all. FYI, the sprites for Wire overlays are Wires.png, Wires2.png, Wires3.png and Wires4.png, in the main Images folder.
Even more amazing. This is for an adventure map I'm making; the logic gate lamps, (four in total), once found, would be placed on the gates to access an area containing a powerful armour set. But, that means that the player can see the wires everywhere, which ruins the emersion.

Is it possible to make "bundles" in steam, which would contain the map and the relevant resource packs, downloadable in a single click?

Any news on the Flail problem? Every time I bring it up, I just get completly ignored. Are the devs even aware of the thing?

Any news on the Flail problem? Every time I bring it up, I just get completly ignored. Are the devs even aware of the thing?

Any game that has continued updates, especially ones on the scale of Terraria, where content is updated and reworked, is going to see mechanics changes on the level of what happened with Flails. We can't account for every possibility of what people may have built around those mechanics, especially with situations like Flails. Its just the nature of a changing game.

I'm having trouble getting the game to start up. I haven't played since before the last update and got it all set and now the game crashes a few seconds after starting (title screen, not world). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no results. Anyone have any suggestions? It was fine when I played in early March. Oh, steam is up to date as well. Ty!

Any game that has continued updates, especially ones on the scale of Terraria, where content is updated and reworked, is going to see mechanics changes on the level of what happened with Flails. We can't account for every possibility of what people may have built around those mechanics, especially with situations like Flails. Its just the nature of a changing game.
I'm perfectly aware of that. That's why I was suggesting in my post to add a new Flail with the old mechanics. It could be even an unobtainable item if the devs don't want it to exist "officially". I don't see any downside of making this happen, apart from making some map creators and players happy.

I guess you could, but that would make them trivial. At that point you could just use a pickaxe to destroy the doors.
But doors still work; I think anything that doesn't give you a choice to cheat something in is fine, otherwise obey the rules.

This game is very complex and I do not understand like half of the game (simplified for people who do not know formal speech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom