Mobile I can’t play multiplayer (iPad mini 4)

bonehead

Skeletron Prime
For some reason when I host a server and give my friend the IP it says: connection timed out. Please help how to I fix this
(He is also on mobile)

Are you doing it on pc(which I assume so) so you need to port forward the IP address, if you don’t know how, although this isn’t official it works good, try using playit.gg

Are you doing it on pc(which I assume so) so you need to port forward the IP address, if you don’t know how, although this isn’t official it works good, try using playit.gg
I’m not doing it pc I’m on mobile as well as his
I have him set the IP and then put the port to 7777... idk it’s weird cuz he’s on and I’m on mobile and he can’t join when I host..... :sigh:

For some reason when I host a server and give my friend the IP it says: connection timed out. Please help how to I fix this
(He is also on mobile)
If you’re playing online (you and your friend are on different networks) and you are hosting the game on your mobile device (instead of hosting the mobile world using a server on a computer), there are some things you’ll need to make sure you do.
  • Need to be on wifi
  • The router needs to be port fowarded, and you need to use the internal IP address tied to your DEVICE in the port forwarding process (most guides assume you’re using a computer)
  • The IP address you give to people for them to join needs to be your external IP
I suggest reading through all the info here, it gives a lot more detail:

Back
Top Bottom