Terraria State of the Game - April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the console version superior? Sure, it's more powerful, but saying that mobile is "vastly inferior" is a bit of a stretch.

Mobile got 1.4 first probably because more people play it. Mobile players would most likely be complaining about not getting 1.4 if console got it instead of us, like console players are doing now, except more people would be complaining because there are more mobile players. Also, mobile was abandoned in 2016, and after 3 years of being stuck in 1.2.4 DR Studios finally updated it to 1.3 in 2019. If mobile hadn't gotten 1.4 until after console did, it would seem like mobile was being abandoned again, with almost 2 years since the last update compared to console's last update being 1 year ago.

My point is, they probably also wanted there to be more fairness between mobile and console, and focus on mobile instead of console because mobile had far fewer recent updates and was lagging behind a lot whereas console was for a while almost identical to PC in terms of content. Plus DR Studios already was very familiar with working on mobile from developing the 1.3 update and didn't have to make very many UI changes, so they could just focusing on adding content.
That was satirical? (I think that’s the word)

"Oh yeah, that's right... just about 10 years ago, a little game developed by a single person in his living room made its way to Steam."

Two people. What about Blue?

Console player here. I only hope that they learn from all the years of having versions all over the place. That they build their next game with a controller in mind from the onset. Also building the code structure ready to be easily patched and ported would help on the backside.

Ten years... It's been fun since the very first day. :dryadgrin:
Still can't believe TModLoader has been officially adopted onto Steam too, with an entire workshop and everything! It's amazing how far this game, the mods, and the communities have come. <3

I would have been excited if it released on its anniversary but even if it did switch players would have to wait a while because of them finishing it and it on Nintendo which would be even longer because its Nintendo

Last edited:
Glad Tmod is finally getting some progress done. Hope it's atleast done by Q3 as the wait has already been a hell of a long time. Then again, it's still a shorter wait then console players will have to wait lol. Good luck to all the devs :dryadwink:

Edit: Was the thread closed? I'm still the last comment and the site says "You have insuffiecient privileges to reply here"

Last edited:
Glad Tmod is finally getting some progress done. Hope it's atleast done by Q3 as the wait has already been a hell of a long time. Then again, it's still a shorter wait then console players will have to wait lol. Good luck to all the devs :dryadwink:

Edit: Was the thread closed? I'm still the last comment and the site says "You have insuffiecient privileges to reply here"
No it means that you can't respond because you were the last person to reply in this thread now you can though

No it means that you can't respond because you were the last person to reply in this thread now you can though
Weird. Guess I haven't seen that before. No clue why NOBODY is taling on this thread though lol. Probably why I'd never seen that feature before now as I usually commented on active threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom