Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
stateofthegame-may2021.png

Greetings Terrarians!

May is here - and with it comes the start of the Summer months for some of us out there. We hope that whether you are getting ready for Summer or are already there, that you will have an amazing and relaxing time - and stay cool as things heat up. Of course, you can always head inside for some Terraria - and we do hope that we will be a big part of your summer plans! So, what's going on in the world of our various development and community teams? Let's dig right on in and find out!

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS

TMODLOADER NEWS

CONSOLE/SWITCH NEWS

MOBILE NEWS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC

STEAM WORKSHOP NEWS

Another month in and even more amazing creations keep pouring into the Terraria Steam Workshop! With nearly 13,000 uploads and growing, there are so many packs and worlds out there to try - if you haven't checked out what the Workshop has to offer, you are seriously missing out!!!

Click the banner above to check out the Terraria Workshop!

index.php

TERRARIA WORKSHOP DEVELOPER'S CHOICE SELECTIONS

The team is keeping its list of possible future Developer's Choice uploads on Steam Workshop continuously updated - so make sure that you keep an eye out for which great packs and worlds will earn this honor next! Nothing new to add just yet, but we plan to roll out our next wave of selections soon - maybe in the next State of the Game!

index.php

TERRARIA TURNS TEN!

10th Art 2108x460.png

Oh yeah, in case you missed it, our favorite sandbox adventure game officially turned ten years old a few days ago. We have been really enjoying the various outpourings of love, tributes, and more as we take some time to celebrate with each of you. If we haven't said it lately, we really appreciate you and your support over the years - it is what drives us and makes all of this possible. The celebration isn't over yet, though!

Be sure to check out the festivities - past, present, and future - on our 10th Anniversary Thread, linked below!

Also, you still have time to enter our amazing 10th Anniversary Contest - where you can win prizes that include Steam Wallet cash, pin sets from Sanshee, or even the grand prize - your very own amazing Forest Biome display set from our friends at Animegami Studios!

Click the banner below to find out more and get your entry in today!

index.php

As always, keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

index.php

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

Back to Table of Contents
index.php

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

Hello everyone!

Another month has flown by, and the TML Team - along with all of our amazing contributors - have remained hard at work to bring tModLoader up to the 1.4 era.

You can see our current milestone at tModLoader/tModLoader (But note that the completion percentage doesn't mean anything, because issues and PRs don't have weights.)

An official alpha/beta version remains very likely - more on that as we have more to share. After we're done with that testing and any related fixes, release will be very close! At this time, however, we still can't give anyone an ETA for the full release.

Developers who are willing to contribute may do so by doing PRs to the tModLoader/tModLoader branch. (See tModLoader/tModLoader)

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch - DR STUDIOS

XBOX & PLAYSTATION

May is here, bringing with it hotter temps and a steady flow of progress on Journey's End for Consoles. The team has cleared two more milestone gates since last we checked in with you here, and we remain on pace for our previously-revealed Q3 2021 launch window. We cannot narrow that down yet at this point as there are still a good number of nebulous pieces on the list where we cannot make a confident prediction either way time-wise. We will seek to tighten up the launch timing as soon as we feel good about doing so - but for now, just know that everything is very much in the green in terms of our plans.

Now, all that said, you know we wouldn't leave you without some sneak peek into what we have been working on this month. Let's take a quick look, shall we?

Nothing cools off a hot day more than some Blood Moon Fishing, right? (oh and you can catch a gander at the latest iterations of the UI while you are at it ;) )

We have a few other things that we are looking forward to sharing... but they are not quite ready for prime time just yet.

index.php

NINTENDO SWITCH

Repeating what we shared above, we expect to have Journey's End for Switch out later this year, just a bit behind Xbox and PlayStation.

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Hello everyone!

The console train keeps moving steadily down the track - which means every day closer to Console Journey's End is also one day closer to our return to progress on Mobile. We cannot wait to be able to bring Mobile (and Console) up to content parity and then start exploring what future opportunities that will unlock. Hang with us just a bit longer, mobile fans - your time for news will come soon enough! :)

Thanks as always for the honor and trust you give us each month to work on Terraria - it is not a responsibility that we take lightly, and we look forward to bringing more amazing things to you all as we move forward.

Greetings Terrarians!

Here's the latest and greatest happenings on the Community side of things. Thanks as always for being the most engaged and awesome gaming Community ever!

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE UPDATES

We still have a handful of partnerships that remain under wraps, but that we will be revealing just as soon as the time is right. That said, what better time than the State of the Game to check in on news from our existing partners as well as to shine a light on some other things that are in the works?

ANIMEGAMI FOREST BIOME UPDATE

Our great friends at Animegami Studios have released a sneak peek into the pre-production prototype of the upcoming Forest Biome Display. This will be available for preorder (and you will get to see its final form - in color this time!) in the very near future. Definitely something that you will want to keep an eye on!

----------
SKYLAND ARTS TERRARIA FIGURE LINE REVEALED

Re-Logic and Skyland arts have teamed up to create a new line of premium limited edition art toys and character figures from the world of Terraria.

Wave 1A consists of 3 premium figures and is in production now! These will be available for pre-order in about 4 weeks. Each figure will be roughly 4 inches tall and will retail for $20 each. First-look news, production photos, and more details will be rolling out in the next few days and weeks on Skyland Arts social media, so be sure to follow them on Facebook @TheSkylandArts, on InstaGram @SkylandArts, and sign up for email updates at SkylandArts.com.

Shadow Armor SOTG small.jpg

The first character preview is here now! Here's a peek at the production prototype of a player in Shadow Armor wielding Light's Bane.

----------
CHIPPY x TERRARIA CROSSOVER MERCH RELEASED

1621872591713.png

As of last week, the Terraria x Chippy merchandise collection is now available! Co-designed by your favorite Terraria Enthusiast himself, each of these items are a fitting tribute to Chippy and the impact he has had on the Terraria community for so many years. Check out everything that there is on offer by clicking the banner above!

index.php

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - WINNERS OF THE VERY TERRARIAN BIRTHDAY CONTEST

Heading into the 10th Anniversary, we ran two contests in parallel - one for in-game builds and one that challenged Terrarians to craft their very own Terraria Birthday Cards. We are happy to reveal the winners of the In Game Build Contest below! Each of these lucky winners will receive a set of limited edition Terraria pins. We will be contacting the winners individually to arrange shipping and other details. Congrats!

633280 Discord.jpg

----------

Discord 037194.png

----------

(yeah we know it's music - and that counts as in game to us!)

----------

TCF 395224.png

----------

Reddit nc98ch.PNG

index.php

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - WINNERS OF THE TO TERRARIA WITH LOVE CONTEST

Our second pre-anniversary contest had Terrarians crafting their very own 10th Birthday Cards to Terraria. We are happy to reveal the winners of this contest below! Each of these lucky winners will receive a set of limited edition Terraria pins. We will be contacting the winners individually to arrange shipping and other details. Thanks for these, we had so much fun and so many trips down memory lane in reading all of these - really well done! Congrats!

Discord 059188 part 1.jpg
Discord 059188 part 2.jpg

From Discord: Even Bigger Law 𝔅𝔦𝔱𝔠𝔥#9079

----------

Discord 870485.png

----------

Discord 095764.jpg

----------

Discord 835732.png

----------

Discord 591057 part 1.jpg
Discord 591057 part 2.jpg

index.php

We Have More Winners - Grand Prizes Claimed on Terraria Discord Server!

Congratulations Moonz, Doggo, and jbooster on being epic Terrarians!

Let us put our hands together and give a massive round of applause to jbooster#6905, Doggo#5662, and Moonz#0187 for winning the grand prize available in the official Terraria Discord server prize shop. Moonz, Doggo, and jbooster earned 2.5 million prize points and used all of them to unlock The Winner role and some incredible prizes including signed merchandise, Terraria collectibles, and much more.

As many of you know, the official Terraria Discord server has its very own prize shop with some epic swag. 24/7 you can log into our Discord server and participate in events, trivia, epic battles, and other fun activities to win prizes. Come stop by the official Terraria Discord server and participate in our fun activities and let us see if you have what it takes to top our activities Leader Board.

index.php

Until next time, Terrarians - we hope you have an amazing month, and we look forward to bringing you the latest and greatest next time!

Last edited:
Neat! Any plans to update the achievements for the consoles? I know there's in-game achievements, but those just don't feel the same as ones integrated with the system.
The game currently only awards the main host with system achievements, however the in-game achievement gives it to both players, so just adding a call to the system achievements where those in-game achievements are would finally make this game co-op achievement friendly as well not to mention adding a bunch of other trophies to aim for.

I am shocked by the results of the contests. I have no words to describe it.
I had SO much work put in those entries, and people who did it with low effort won!! This is unbelievable!
I'm so sad to see this.. My work was not appretiated, it was... thrown in the trash.
I'm losing faith in Terraria's Developers.
And I don't know if I put much work in the next contest.
;(😭

I am shocked by the results of the contests. I have no words to describe it.
I had SO much work put in those entries, and people who did it with low effort won!! This is unbelievable!
I'm so sad to see this.. My work was not appretiated, it was... thrown in the trash.
I'm losing faith in Terraria's Developers.
And I don't know if I put much work in the next contest.
;(😭
There were many people who didn't get there work in but just be happy that you got to Participate in it

No, I can't.
These entries are not low effort. Some look absolutely stunning! I agree your entry looked nice too but please appreciate other people’s efforts. This is from a guy who has been ignored by everyone his whole life, and this forum welcomed me like a celebrity. Be proud of the people in it.

But did you see my entries??? Would you expect some of those entries that won to be BETTER than mine or other people's entries? I can't really understand what was the criteria used by the Devs to conclude that.
Okay, I saw it, I get your point, I was once like you. If you really are compassionate about Terraria, you would enter the contest, not seeking for a reward. That’s how I entered, not seeking for the reward, but being a part of this community. Being included is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom