tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I may have come across something that might help, I was looking through my server log instead and found this:

18:41:24] [1/INFO] [tML]: Loading: LithosArmory v3.0.0.0
[18:41:25] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Items/Mounts/TwinkleWitchBroomMount_Glow
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at LithosArmory.Items.Mounts.TwinkleWitchBroomMount.SetDefaults() in LithosArmory\Items\Mounts\TwinkleWitchBroomMount.cs:line 18
at Terraria.ModLoader.MountLoader.SetupMount(MountData mount)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__38_1(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Reload()
at Terraria.Main.DedServ()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

[18:41:26] [1/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading LithosArmory
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Items/Mounts/TwinkleWitchBroomMount_Glow
at LithosArmory.Items.Mounts.TwinkleWitchBroomMount.SetDefaults() in LithosArmory\Items\Mounts\TwinkleWitchBroomMount.cs:line 18
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
[18:41:26] [1/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: LithosArmory

I am also including the server log for extra context

Attachments

• server.log
    42.4 KB · Views: 48
I may have come across something that might help, I was looking through my server log instead and found this:

18:41:24] [1/INFO] [tML]: Loading: LithosArmory v3.0.0.0
[18:41:25] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Reload()
at Terraria.Main.DedServ()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

[18:41:26] [1/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading LithosArmory
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.
[18:41:26] [1/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: LithosArmory

I am also including the server log for extra context
Well, I think this might be the result of improperly unloading the mod(say, if you hit Cancel when loading mods), as it reminds me of some of the errors I would get when trying to just skip mod loading. I know for a fact that texture is present in the compiled mod, and that the code referring to it works correctly, so it would have to be some kind of loading error outside of my mod's control.

yeah I've been running into similar issues people have been reporting to me relating to FNA (AKA 64Bit TML) of late.
Try running Lithos in 32bit and see if you run into the same problem, if you don't well there's one fix for now.
These errors are *honestly really* not helpful for modders when they happen because god forbid they could give us specific info on what the problem is, lol. (But from looks of it, yours seems alot simpler)

AFAIK 1.4 TML is making the jump to FNA, so anything that doesn't work in the 64bit fork wouldn't work when ported to 1.4

yeah I've been running into similar issues people have been reporting to me relating to FNA (AKA 64Bit TML) of late.
Try running Lithos in 32bit and see if you run into the same problem, if you don't well there's one fix for now.
These errors are *honestly really* not helpful for modders when they happen because god forbid they could give us specific info on what the problem is, lol. (But from looks of it, yours seems alot simpler)

AFAIK 1.4 TML is making the jump to FNA, so anything that doesn't work in the 64bit fork wouldn't work when ported to 1.4
I just tried to run my mod in TML 64-bit, and encountered no errors. Loaded into a world and everything, I even tried the Twinkle Witch Broom mount that was causing Thrackerzod's error, nothing.
It's possible that the error has nothing specifically to do with TML64, it just happened on TML64.

I just tried to run my mod in TML 64-bit, and encountered no errors. Loaded into a world and everything, I even tried the Twinkle Witch Broom mount that was causing Thrackerzod's error, nothing.
It's possible that the error has nothing specifically to do with TML64, it just happened on TML64.
Indeed, this process is still tedious af thou to debug

Indeed, this process is still tedious af thou to debug
Well, unfortunately, until I can get either more info about this bug or encounter it myself, I don't think it can be fixed.
A lot was changed during the update, but the way the mod interacts with FNA was not among the list of changes. It's possible, since I'm totally new to mounts and tiles, that an error arose with them- but as far as I know, I've done nothing with them that's significantly different from ExampleMod.

Hey, friend of thrackerzod here. I've done a little testing of my own and the bug is definitely related to your mod in some way. It only happens in multiplayer, happens in 64-bit and 32-bit tmod, and will occur even with your mod being the only one active. Disabling the mod will let the server load properly without reloading mods, regardless of how many/what mods are active. this only occurs with Litho's Armory V3.0.0 enabled and loaded, regardless if it is the only mod or not, and is not occurring when loading a single player world. I can try to get a screen recording of the issue later if that could be of any use.

EDIT: Felt like it may also be worth mentioning this was not occurring before the update with the modlist otherwise the same.

Attachments

• server.log
    6.7 KB · Views: 52
Hey, friend of thrackerzod here. I've done a little testing of my own and the bug is definitely related to your mod in some way. It only happens in multiplayer, happens in 64-bit and 32-bit tmod, and will occur even with your mod being the only one active. Disabling the mod will let the server load properly without reloading mods, regardless of how many/what mods are active. this only occurs with Litho's Armory V3.0.0 enabled and loaded, regardless if it is the only mod or not, and is not occurring when loading a single player world. I can try to get a screen recording of the issue later if that could be of any use.

EDIT: Felt like it may also be worth mentioning this was not occurring before the update with the modlist otherwise the same.
Actually, looks like the fix was pretty simple. It turns out there's no example for a mount glowmask texture in ExampleMod, so I ended up putting it in the wrong place- you have to put it after a check if the client running the code is a server(the code stops if it is), or it crashes.
I think I've got the issue fixed, so a patch is on the way! Thank you!

Update is live on Mediafire(The forum download) and should be available on the Mod Browser soon!
= 3.0.0.1 Changelog=
Changed chance to put Arkhalis, Enchanted Sword and Enchanted Throw in gold chests to 1 in 8, instead of 1 in 4(I think that's what it was).
This is to match the chance for each individual item to be generated in gold chests in vanilla, as there are 8 options and one among them always generates.
Fixed issue where the Twinkle Witch's Broom glowmask texture was causing crashes on servers.

Actually, looks like the fix was pretty simple. It turns out there's no example for a glowmask texture in ExampleMod, so I ended up putting it in the wrong place- you have to put it after a check if the client running the code is a server(the code stops if it is), or it crashes.
I think I've got the issue fixed, so a patch is on the way! Thank you!
Glad to help. Thanks for the fast response. Can't wait to check out the update properly.

I'm inclined to believe this might not be an error I can fix... If you figure anything else out about it, let me know- but otherwise, I think I'm going to have to ignore this, or I'll just go insane...

Edit- It's possible you're missing some files in your TModloader that I have. I know you're one of the lead developers for Shadows of Abaddon, but if you don't do much/any compiling on your end, that could potentially explain it.
It's also possible that it's got something to do with my mod's specific source, requiring something specific. Either way, I don't know if test-compiling the mod's source on your end is even going to help me all that much... If I'm able to compile it with zero errors, then that should be fine, right?
I think it'd be more helpful if you were to just play the game with my mod, as provided by the browser/forum download, and let me know if you have any errors, balance issues, or other things to report.

Also, MAN, I forgot how brutal the early game can be! I can barely get across the desert without getting eaten. Maybe my next update should include some extremely early items?
someones out of practice... and yes i'm apart of SOA dev team but i'm not the one calling the shots as far as sourse code is concerned. i did the compiling test to see how it would react when recompiled in tmodloader
...thou its not really necessary in the grand scheme of things. i did noticed you was preparing for 1.4 sooo things might be a little outdated on our side.

Edit : i found the problem and apparently my "ModCompile" is out of date as i didnt realize that its been updated a few weeks ago....so it should update with the new information and works!

Last edited:
someones out of practice... and yes i'm apart of SOA dev team but i'm not the one calling the shots as far as sourse code is concerned. i did the compiling test to see how it would react when recompiled in tmodloader
...thou its not really necessary in the grand scheme of things. i did noticed you was preparing for 1.4 sooo things might be a little outdated on our side.

Edit : i found the problem and apparently my "ModCompile" is out of date as i didnt realize that its been updated a few weeks ago....so it should update with the new information and works!
I'm not certain if the 'out of practice' comment refers to modding or the game, but if it's the game, it's mostly because Pinky Mod's Dried Kobblins have 160 HP in Expert, take nearly no knockback at this stage and do 65 damage per hit...

I am out of practice though, but most of the frustration at the moment is burnout from spending a couple months just working on the mod, barely doing anything else. I definitely need to take the time to relax and just bugfix for a while.

Sorry if I came off as disrespectful to you, sometimes I just don't realize how I sound.

Last edited:
One of my favorite weapons mods finally returns. I really like how many different themes this mod that's shared across its classes. Also really like the cross mod support with Thorium and Mod of Redemption, the latter being really underrated IMO. I'm excited to give this another go and I'm glad throwing is still supported. I feel this mod might be underrated, at the very least, I don't see it in videos. I'll probably have to save using the mod till new playthroughs. I'm curious to what your take on summon weapons will be someday. I know they're the most difficult weapons to make and you're currently relaxing and bug fixing. I'm still interested in cross mod support with my own mods, although I'm not sure when that will be.

One of my favorite weapons mods finally returns. I really like how many different themes this mod that's shared across its classes. Also really like the cross mod support with Thorium and Mod of Redemption, the latter being really underrated IMO. I'm excited to give this another go and I'm glad throwing is still supported. I feel this mod might be underrated, at the very least, I don't see it in videos. I'll probably have to save using the mod till new playthroughs. I'm curious to what your take on summon weapons will be someday. I know they're the most difficult weapons to make and you're currently relaxing and bug fixing. I'm still interested in cross mod support with my own mods, although I'm not sure when that will be.
Summon weapons are pretty tough to make, but there are some neat things on the drawing board!
As for cross-mod compatibility, I think Spirit is probably going to be the next one I make items for. Spirit seems to have REALLY progressed since I last saw it. Used to think it had potential, but it was a little rough around the edges- now it seems like it's been polished to a mirror shine, so once I've given it a proper check-out, I think you might see some new items for Spirit content soon!

As for Mod of Redemption, I totally agree. Some small aspects of it are a tad rough, but everything relating to the Abandoned Lab is super cool.

I'm not really sure I have the required info to make cross-mod content for stuff like Expanded Sentries, but with a little help, I might like to try that sometime!
Pretty sure I'd end up making TF2 sentries and mini sentries at some point, but there's all kinds of other things I might like to try as well.

Summon weapons are pretty tough to make, but there are some neat things on the drawing board!
As for cross-mod compatibility, I think Spirit is probably going to be the next one I make items for. Spirit seems to have REALLY progressed since I last saw it. Used to think it had potential, but it was a little rough around the edges- now it seems like it's been polished to a mirror shine, so once I've given it a proper check-out, I think you might see some new items for Spirit content soon!

As for Mod of Redemption, I totally agree. Some small aspects of it are a tad rough, but everything relating to the Abandoned Lab is super cool.

I'm not really sure I have the required info to make cross-mod content for stuff like Expanded Sentries, but with a little help, I might like to try that sometime!
Pretty sure I'd end up making TF2 sentries and mini sentries at some point, but there's all kinds of other things I might like to try as well.
Depends if Lone Gamer has some kind of API to make it easier (like DiverManSam did for Clicker Class), otherwise there's ways to weak ref content from other mods that aren't too hard (but volatile).

"TF2 entries"
Split did it, and before Split the abandoned Turrets mod did, we could always use more gun!

I'm not certain if the 'out of practice' comment refers to modding or the game, but if it's the game, it's mostly because Pinky Mod's Dried Kobblins have 160 HP in Expert, take nearly no knockback at this stage and do 65 damage per hit...

I am out of practice though, but most of the frustration at the moment is burnout from spending a couple months just working on the mod, barely doing anything else. I definitely need to take the time to relax and just bugfix for a while.

Sorry if I came off as disrespectful to you, sometimes I just don't realize how I sound.
when i say "out of practice" i was talking about gameplay not modding silly bean <3 i play my games with like 2x the HP on top of Expert mode and revengense with a scaling RPG mod on top of it....and hp increases when WOF is killed and even more when moonlord is killed. So i have a mod where i can basically make my own difficulty so making my play throughs re-playable especially on servers.....what MASTER mode should of been the ability to make your own difficulty and i can even ajust normal monsters or bosses seperately may it be modded or vanilla bosses

Last edited:
I really need to stop feeling like I have to work on the mod...

As usual, this update is live on the forums right now, and it'll take a bit for it to show up on the Mod Browser.

= 3.0.1.0 Changelog=
Added two new genderbending sets; the Busy Bee set and Darkheart set.
Both include wings, the Busy Bee's Wings and Darkheart Wings.

Halved the chance to drop a secret item.

Slightly tweaked some NPC dialogue.

Reduced the volume of the sound the Cosmium Wings make slightly.

>Iris Wand
Damage: 15(was 13)

Back
Top Bottom