tModLoader pbone's Utilities

pbone

Spazmatism
logo.png

Direct Download

divid.png
Hey all! I'm proud to preset a mod I've been working on for a while now.
Inspired by Quality of Life mods like LuiAFK, I've decided to take my own spin on some classic QoL features while adding my own, keeping them updated, and maybe even improving them ( :O ).
Another thing I've been aiming to do is make it as configurable as possible, so my own content doesn't overlap with others. But enough talk, lets get on with what I have!

Note: Feature list is currently outdated. I'll get around to updating it soon.
1623272998343.png

Extra Buff Slots
A tModLoader feature that's flown under the radar, I decided to add a slider to let you give yourself anywhere from 11 to 66 extra buff slots. (note: there's 11 buffs per "line")

Infinite Potions
A quintessential QoL feature, this mod gives you (what I hope is a) highly configurable implementation. You can choose to disable them entirely, and control the amount of potions you need. (yes, this includes 1 potion ;)). You have a slick UI in your inventory to help you control these. Also affects healing potions.

Global Autoswing
Sometimes a standalone mod, sometimes an item, I decided to make it a configurable feature. Choose to enable it, and blacklist any items that it breaks.

Average Treasure Bag Values
An unstable concoction of black magic and math, this option allows my mod to average the values of a treasure bags drops when it's loaded (note: due to the nature of how this works, it isn't consistent between reloads).

Max Stack Size Increases
Rather self explanatory; increases the stack size of most items to 9999.

No more graves
Prevents graves from dropping when you die.

Fast Respawn
Makes you respawn much faster.

1623273009379.png

Storage Items
I probably should've named this "Portable storage items" :indifferent: this lets you enable or disable a money trough-esque portable variant for the safe and defenders crystal. The defenders crystal one drops from Betsy, and the safe can be found in the underworld, and can be mined after skeletron has been defeated.

Liquid Items
Simply adds a bottomless bucket and sponge for lava and honey. The buckets are crafted with 10 of their liquid buckets, and the sponges are fished up. Oh, and a combination that gives you phenomenal cosmic power ;)

Ammo Items
Simply infinite variants for all vanilla arrows and bullets.

Arena Items
A doozy: enabling this lets you make asphalt platforms (does what it says on the tin), the Preparation Station (combination sharpening station/ammo box/crystal ball/bewitching table. Oh, and you can craft an infinite amount of it), and the Buff Brazier (combination campfire, heart lantern, star in a bottle, sunflower, and honey with a bigger range).

Magnet Items
A crafting tree of stronger and stronger magnets that attract items to you when enabled.

World Control Item
Items that let you change the time and weather

1623273022556.png

Void Piggy
A nice little pig that warps collected coins to your piggy bank.

Philosopher's Stone
A masterpiece that, when enabled and held, sells any picked up items. Sold by the wizard, totally safe to hold.

Spawn Rate Items
Lets you enable or disable the Flame of Battle and the Flame of Peace, which increase and decrease spawn rates respectively.

Green Scheme
Lets you enable or disable the Green Scheme, a tool to help you with harvesting herbs.

Shadow Pearl
Lets you enable or disable the Shadow Pearl, a crafting station that works as a demon altar.

Infinite Mana
Lets you enable or disable the Infinite Mana accessory, which grants infinite mana at the cost of greatly reduced power.

1623272820582.png

Endless Water Tool Recipes
Adds simple recipes for the Bottomless Water Bucket and Super Absorbent Sponge, for those that don't like the angler.

Petrified Safe Recipes
Adds a recipe for the petrified safe, if you don't want to get it from hell.

The changelog has been moved to the mod's GitHub to save space here.
Link: Pbone3/PboneUtils

This mod is open source and loves contributions! The things I need the most help with is sprites, I'm not a very good artist... The best place to communicate with me and other contributors is the discord, linked below the title.
Wiki with information on adding cross-mod content, for mod developers: Here.

Last edited:
I've been using your mod and noticed a few things:
  • The buff manager doesn't exactly work, since if you disable a buff and then close then reopen the manager window the buff will no longer be listed there. Worse still, simply dropping or putting the potions in a chest won't re-enable the buff, and you must leave and then rejoin the world to make it work again. At first I thought this was related to Calamity since that happened with one of its potions, but this also happened with the Regeneration and Swiftness ones. I didn't test with more, but I pretty much believe this will happen with any potion. Looks like you only look at the enabled buffs, but not the ones that COULD be enabled.
  • The spawn rate Flames are... weird? It's like they never are really disabled or something. After sometime I found myself in a situation where either my world would have no monster spawns at all or would be absolutely FILLED with them. Like WAYYYYYYYY too much mobs. Kind of weird, don't know what's happening here.
  • The auto-swing setting as Off is broken. If you disable it, you will be able to swing your weapon/tool once... then you can't use then anymore. Toggling it back on solves this however. Having to have it on is just a minor inconvenience though.
  • I kind of don't get what you mean "mining" the safe item. Is it spawned at world gen, so I would need a new world? I would still recommend making it at least also craftable, since the idea of a utility mod affecting World Gen feels strange, at least to me. That's just my opinion however.
All in all, a few bugs, but the fact that you added options to toggle what features you want to use still makes this worthwhile. Mods that are Utilities but add too much stuff can get redundant or sometimes even break, so making it work like this makes this much more useful. I wanted to use LuiAFK, but after realizing it has no configuration options I decided not to, so this mod is kind of filling that role for me now. My only obvious suggestion would be making an item that acts like a Demon Altar for crafting purposes. All in all, thanks for the mod.

Not related to the mod itself but its implementation - I saw in your code that you check for the buffs 30 times in a sec. Isn't that kind of overkill?

I've been using your mod and noticed a few things:
  • The buff manager doesn't exactly work, since if you disable a buff and then close then reopen the manager window the buff will no longer be listed there. Worse still, simply dropping or putting the potions in a chest won't re-enable the buff, and you must leave and then rejoin the world to make it work again. At first I thought this was related to Calamity since that happened with one of its potions, but this also happened with the Regeneration and Swiftness ones. I didn't test with more, but I pretty much believe this will happen with any potion. Looks like you only look at the enabled buffs, but not the ones that COULD be enabled.
  • The spawn rate Flames are... weird? It's like they never are really disabled or something. After sometime I found myself in a situation where either my world would have no monster spawns at all or would be absolutely FILLED with them. Like WAYYYYYYYY too much mobs. Kind of weird, don't know what's happening here.
  • The auto-swing setting as Off is broken. If you disable it, you will be able to swing your weapon/tool once... then you can't use then anymore. Toggling it back on solves this however. Having to have it on is just a minor inconvenience though.
  • I kind of don't get what you mean "mining" the safe item. Is it spawned at world gen, so I would need a new world? I would still recommend making it at least also craftable, since the idea of a utility mod affecting World Gen feels strange, at least to me. That's just my opinion however.
All in all, a few bugs, but the fact that you added options to toggle what features you want to use still makes this worthwhile. Mods that are Utilities but add too much stuff can get redundant or sometimes even break, so making it work like this makes this much more useful. I wanted to use LuiAFK, but after realizing it has no configuration options I decided not to, so this mod is kind of filling that role for me now. My only obvious suggestion would be making an item that acts like a Demon Altar for crafting purposes. All in all, thanks for the mod.

Not related to the mod itself but its implementation - I saw in your code that you check for the buffs 30 times in a sec. Isn't that kind of overkill?
I'll look into the things you mentioned for the next update. Spawn rate flames seemed fine for me, but I didn't do extremely vigorous testing. From my memory auto-swing was fine, but I can check again... As for the safes, I might add a recipe and remove them from worldgen, just kinda wanted to try a more unique way :). I was originally checking for buffs less times a second, but I decided to keep it rather high so the UI felt more responsive. Demon altar is a great idea - expect it next update!
Also I should probably ask, what's your mod list and what item were you using? So debugging the autoswing issue is easier.

Edit: Totally see where I messed up the buffs, doh. Thanks for pointing it out!

New update! Originally planned for this to be 1.1.0 but there was some serious bugs with the current version and I got some good suggestions. The original post has the changelog, and I'm working on updating it's info.

New update! Originally planned for this to be 1.1.0 but there was some serious bugs with the current version and I got some good suggestions. The original post has the changelog, and I'm working on updating it's info.
Thanks for the update. That was fast, so thanks. :)

I checked it after the update and the Buff Manager and the Auto-Swing work perfectly now. The Flames look alright but I haven't really used them that much yet so if looks like something weird is happening I'll come back to post here. So two more things, one very minor and one major:
  • The Petrified Safe sometimes automatically closes after right clicking it and you can't use it, but if you re-summon it then it works fine. This only happens sometimes though, and I don't know why. Very minor issue though.
  • The Green Scheme simply does not work. I tried using it on planter boxes or herbs that were naturally spawned, but it simply did nothing.
The mods I'm using (I forgot to point them out as you said in the last message) are only the Cheat Sheet and HERO's Mod, as I only use them when testing out new mods. I don't know if it is feasible (or you might already want to do it), but I would also suggest making it so that the Green Scheme (or maybe an upgrade of it) replants Herbs when you harvest them. Again, I don't know if this is feasible or the plan already but it be a HUGE help.

I also had a suggestion for more of a Quality of Life setting and that would be enabling larger stacks of items like torches/glowsticks/herbs/seeds and such. Calamity does this but not everyone uses it, so having it in a Utility mod like this would be quite helpful.

Thanks for the update. That was fast, so thanks. :)

I checked it after the update and the Buff Manager and the Auto-Swing work perfectly now. The Flames look alright but I haven't really used them that much yet so if looks like something weird is happening I'll come back to post here. So two more things, one very minor and one major:
  • The Petrified Safe sometimes automatically closes after right clicking it and you can't use it, but if you re-summon it then it works fine. This only happens sometimes though, and I don't know why. Very minor issue though.
  • The Green Scheme simply does not work. I tried using it on planter boxes or herbs that were naturally spawned, but it simply did nothing.
The mods I'm using (I forgot to point them out as you said in the last message) are only the Cheat Sheet and HERO's Mod, as I only use them when testing out new mods. I don't know if it is feasible (or you might already want to do it), but I would also suggest making it so that the Green Scheme (or maybe an upgrade of it) replants Herbs when you harvest them. Again, I don't know if this is feasible or the plan already but it be a HUGE help.

I also had a suggestion for more of a Quality of Life setting and that would be enabling larger stacks of items like torches/glowsticks/herbs/seeds and such. Calamity does this but not everyone uses it, so having it in a Utility mod like this would be quite helpful.
Petrified safe already has to do some nasty stuff to work - vanilla really doesn't like it. I can try my best to tweak it but no guarantees. For the green scheme, I'll be honest, I didn't finish it and forgot I made it craftable, but decided to roll with it after I published the update hoping it'd work. It should (hopefully) be functional next time (which I know I've said a lot by now ;))

v1.0.3 is out! Grab it off the mod browser, and as always check the first post for the changelog
Doesn't have as much content as I initially planned but wanted to role out bug fixes to y'all. Expect some new items next time (probably)

Dude, I think this mod is the newest addition to my essential mod list. I love the features you have combined and the fact that you made so many things togglable so we can pick and choose is awesome. Thank you so much! I did notice a little bug though.

The Buff Toggle UI is not moving while I have Fargo's Mutant installed. So it's overlapping the stat sheet button. (Not using Souls mod)

Also is it really that hard to make the floating versions of the safe and defender forge? I'd think you could just repurpose the code for the money trough pointing to the piggy bank, to make a custom object point to the safe or forge. I barely started learning C# but I haven't made any mods, and I'm kinda curious why that doesn't work.

Last edited:
Dude, I think this mod is the newest addition to my essential mod list. I love the features you have combined and the fact that you made so many things togglable so we can pick and choose is awesome. Thank you so much! I did notice a little bug though.

The Buff Toggle UI is not moving while I have Fargo's Mutant installed. So it's overlapping the stat sheet button. (Not using Souls mod)

Also is it really that hard to make the floating versions of the safe and defender forge? I'd think you could just repurpose the code for the money trough pointing to the piggy bank, to make a custom object point to the safe or forge. I barely started learning C# but I haven't made any mods, and I'm kinda curious why that doesn't work.
1. I had a major brain fart and forgot to uncomment the code that actually makes it move to the side. I'll fix this in a minor update along with some other fixes soon
2. Yes. This is terraria, the most hardcoded game on the planet

Edit: That update is now released! Check out the main post for the changelog

Last edited:
So it's effectively Luiafk... but Balanced...

Finally, ofg, thank you! I think we might have a proper supported successor too!
I especially like the Portables and how you get them, that fits perfectly into progression!

PS: Atleast you can work directly WITH Terraria's source code, be thankfully your not stuck with some high level scripting API like Lua...

So it's effectively Luiafk... but Balanced...

Finally, ofg, thank you! I think we might have a proper supported successor too!
I especially like the Portables and how you get them, that fits perfectly into progression!

PS: Atleast you can work directly WITH Terraria's source code, be thankfully your not stuck with some high level scripting API like Lua...
Yeeeep, I've dabbled in starbound modding and it is, imho, horrid
As for portables I now have conflicting opinions, some people like it in underworld some like the crafting recipe. Dunno what I'll do, maybe a choice between them? (for context, it was changed to a recipe at the suggestion of someone, I might look into changing it back but having a toggleable recipe)

Back
Top Bottom