Weapons & Equip Hardmode Ores and Hammers [Sprites]

Hammers?

• Total voters
Oh, I'd like to add that I'd love to see new hammers with a fast use time. I never see a reason to abandon my (t)rusty pwnhammer, because every other hammer is slower, so much slower (with the exception of the Hammush). The Cobalt and Palladium ones look light, so... *hint hint poke poke*
These stats were completely based of ratios. So I’ll be doing some tweaking later.

This is so cool. I mean, I can't even form a proper mini-review because what else is there to say? Near-perfection, I say. Yes, the concept is a bit bland, I still love the presentation, balancing, and elaboration. Want in the game, and now.

Oh this is so like me, creating a thread to add more hammers
index.php

Jokes aside, with all the gear you can create with hardmode ores, there are no hammers at all....

I mean, come on.... There are hammers for each of the regular ores (and even wood) , but the only hammers for hardmode pre-mech tier is the pwnhammer..... Quite a gap right?

I’m also up for buffing the Hammush, but that’s off topic.

So here's the idea, add both warhammers and jackhammers to the pool of hardmode ore tier gear. Warhammers would be slower than war axes and swords, but have higher damage.

*I'm basing these stats on the ratios present in Chlorophyte rounded up*

View attachment 17944

Cobalt Warhammer
Damage: 38
Power: 80%
Knockback: 5.5
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Use time: 39

Crafted with:
Cobalt_Bar.png

View attachment 17945

Palladium Warhammer
Damage: 41
Power: 83%
Knockback: 6
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Palladium_Bar.png

View attachment 17946

Mythril Warhammer
Damage: 44
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Mythril_Bar.png

View attachment 17947

Orichalcum Warhammer
Damage: 47
Power: 85%
Knockback: 7
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Orichalcum_Bar.png

View attachment 17948

Adamantite Warhammer
Damage: 49
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Adamantite_Bar.png

View attachment 17949

Titanium Warhammer
Damage: 50
Power: 89%
Knockback: 8.5
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Titanium_Bar.png

So yeah, that’s the basic idea. I’m still working on the stats and sprites for the jackhammers and add them in as I finish.

Please comment and/or criticize!
index.php
This looks awsome =D.
To bad i'm only in mid game, and this isn't in the game yet.
But still this should be implemented =).

Perhaps this is minor, but wouldn't a night's hammer be a bit weird for you to be smashing evil altars with? The Pwnhammer is basically the Hallowed Hammer, a "good" hammer so it makes sense for it to be able to destroy demon/crimson altars. Maybe it's a coincidence but the Pickaxe Axe can also destroy the corrupted stones in one hit, as if the hallow is counteracting the evil. Having an evil hammer destroy evil is a bit weird compared to a good hammer destroying evil, you think?

As MUCH as I love this suggestion, really, I do, you've got to have something fill the gap between the Cobalt Hammer and the Molten Hamaxe. The Pwnhammer must be there, so you can smash those altars. The only other way I can think of this working is if... *laughter* the Molten Hamaxe can destroy altars. (I actually like that idea)

Perhaps this is minor, but wouldn't a night's hammer be a bit weird for you to be smashing evil altars with? The Pwnhammer is basically the Hallowed Hammer, a "good" hammer so it makes sense for it to be able to destroy demon/crimson altars. Maybe it's a coincidence but the Pickaxe Axe can also destroy the corrupted stones in one hit, as if the hallow is counteracting the evil. Having an evil hammer destroy evil is a bit weird compared to a good hammer destroying evil, you think?
It's a coincidence, seeing how the pwnhammer comes from the source of all evil and literally lives in hell and is summoned by killing the first person you see and it's suppose to be "good", that doesn't sense either way you put it.

an issue has been suggested for the pwnhammer but what if they become upgrades for this hammer? this would let it maintain its value as the breaking hammer and the one we know could be the final product for each upgrade... (not ideal but I'm getting an idea out)

the other solution is to make these offensive hammers just below the threshhold to break alters. here these become weapons more so than just hammers...

an issue has been suggested for the pwnhammer but what if they become upgrades for this hammer? this would let it maintain its value as the breaking hammer and the one we know could be the final product for each upgrade... (not ideal but I'm getting an idea out)

the other solution is to make these offensive hammers just below the threshhold to break alters. here these become weapons more so than just hammers...
Well said sir.

Oh this is so like me, creating a thread to add more hammers
index.php

Jokes aside, with all the gear you can create with hardmode ores, there are no hammers at all....

I mean, come on.... There are hammers for each of the regular ores (and even wood) , but the only hammers for hardmode pre-mech tier is the pwnhammer..... Quite a gap right?

I’m also up for buffing the Hammush, but that’s off topic.

So here's the idea, add both warhammers and jackhammers to the pool of hardmode ore tier gear. Warhammers would be slower than war axes and swords, but have higher damage.

*I'm basing these stats on the ratios present in Chlorophyte rounded up*

View attachment 17944

Cobalt Warhammer
Damage: 38
Power: 80%
Knockback: 5.5
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Cobalt_Bar.png

View attachment 17945

Palladium Warhammer
Damage: 41
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Palladium_Bar.png

View attachment 17946

Mythril Warhammer
Damage: 44
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Mythril_Bar.png

View attachment 17947

Orichalcum Warhammer
Damage: 47
Knockback: 7
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Orichalcum_Bar.png

View attachment 17948

Adamantite Warhammer
Damage: 49
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Adamantite_Bar.png

View attachment 17949

Titanium Warhammer
Damage: 50
Power: 89%
Knockback: 8.5
Rarity:
Rarity_color_4.png

Crafted with:
Titanium_Bar.png

So yeah, that’s the basic idea. I’m still working on the stats and sprites for the jackhammers and add them in as I finish.

Please comment and/or criticize!
index.php
There should be true warhammers
And a terra hammer
Cause why not :p

Back
Top Bottom