tAPI Trekko727's Guns Mod

What should be the next update for 0.8.7?

• Work on the Gun system, View Range, and Gun Accuracy (takes alot of time, 3-5 months)

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Work on 33 more guns

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it just me or wouldnt the mod be better if it had more imagination and less of a connection to real-life? What makes Terraria different from a 2D CoD is that there is magic to the game! (and i am not just talking about magic based combat but i mean stuff that is not mundane!) Please make the mod more imaginative and add guns with special effects!

dd guns with special effects!
True, that is a good idea...
I'm sure he has his own good ideas, too...
Alright, I'll make a gun sprite for it:
GiftSprite.png

(I totally didn't scribble this together on my graphics tablet)
Also, you have NO exclusive right to this sprite- It is still mine, and I have uses for sprites.
That screenshot you saw... that's why I'm keeping the rights.
//If you're not the maker, you won't understand...

Is it just me or wouldnt the mod be better if it had more imagination and less of a connection to real-life? What makes Terraria different from a 2D CoD is that there is magic to the game! (and i am not just talking about magic based combat but i mean stuff that is not mundane!) Please make the mod more imaginative and add guns with special effects!
I totally understand this. As for now, the mod is mundane and is going through alot of scripting. Also, I will plan for magical items too, please bear with me as I'm the only developing guy doing a lot (and I ask ppl for help). This is what I've planned so far:
0.8.7 -- 33 Guns
0.8.8 -- systematic gun system
0.8.9 -- Redo gun ammunitions and rework sprites
0.9.0 -- some magical items like staffs, more magical staffs, maybe NPCs too

True, that is a good idea...
I'm sure he has his own good ideas, too...
Alright, I'll make a gun sprite for it:
View attachment 18149
(I totally didn't scribble this together on my graphics tablet)
Also, you have NO exclusive right to this sprite- It is still mine, and I have uses for sprites.
That screenshot you saw... that's why I'm keeping the rights.
//If you're not the maker, you won't understand...

I am glad. I wish you luck with your development and I appreciate that you are contributing a lot to the terraria community. :D

Are the guns meant to be impossible to craft? I'm going through the list and each gun piece requires multiple hooks to be farmed and then when you finally have a gun the ammo requires 1500 titanium bars to craft, what's the deal with that?

How did you .. found that out?
The guns are not impossible to craft as it can be made in pre-hardmode and for the fact that they do a lot of damage is to balance them. I'll probably rework the mechanisms later in a week or tomorrow, I dont know.
So to sum up the first crafting question: The guns' ability to wreak a lot of damage is the time cost of crafting it.
No you make Bullet and use them as ammunition, not the gun ammunition because I feel it was too much to craft so I made all the previous ammunition hard to craft because I didnt know how to remove recipes.
Also the Bullet has 10000 maxstack because the Minigun's fire rate is insane and most guns share same ammo.

Trekko, you got alot of great ideas for this mod, and I really believe this mod it's going to go a long way, but you should look into getting a team together. You're spreading yourself too thin, and if I knew how to do anything to help then I would. I really like this mod. Don't quit on your dreams man. Best of luck to you :)

Trekko, you got alot of great ideas for this mod, and I really believe this mod it's going to go a long way, but you should look into getting a team together. You're spreading yourself too thin, and if I knew how to do anything to help then I would. I really like this mod. Don't quit on your dreams man. Best of luck to you :)
Thanks for the motivation. I'll find members who are interested in joining my team. I'm really sorry if the updates are going very slowly now, its just that I have school and I'm busy with them but I'm also finding time to learn coding and manage my time properly. Also, I've thought a lot for this mod I hope I can in-cooperate into the game for you guys.
Thank you everyone for showing your support, pointing out the errors and telling me what to improve on. Also short notice, hopefully update will finish by June and it will release both 33 guns and a gun system. If you wish to send in a sprite, please don't hesitate to message me the data, credits will be given to ownership of users'.

Trekko! I made a sprite for you, its not the best im still a noob at spriting but i tried my best! Its a G-18 pistol
G-18.png

Last edited:
Hey Trekko, really nice mod. Definitely enjoying it. I love having a lot of stuff to craft. It feels like a labor of love.

I wanted to get your opinion on something, actually. Because Steel is such a common bar between most mods out there, what do you think about renaming yours to "Gun Steel" ? This way it will be a lot easier to distinguish between your Steel Bar and every other modders' steel bar.

@IamWeasl, Thank you very much! I'll give credit to you (as well as other volunteers who designed their own sprite and passed it to me)
Ok sure no problem.
I just want to let you guys know my Visual studios trial has expired..
I have a lot of plans still but most likely the guns will finish by end of June because I have exams this April and May.
Do

If someone were to make a gun sprite, what gun would you want it to be Trekko? what guns do you need sprites for?
I would need at the most: (30)
G18
G17
Makarov
SKS
Mosin Nagant
M14
RPK
Barrett .50 cal
M107
M1014 Benelli
SPAS 12
AK-47
Thompson M1A1
FN FAL
G36k
Armsel Striker
M3 Submachine gun
Uzi
KAC-PDW
M4 grenade launcher
-- My guns designed by me --
Bolt S-575 C (machine gun)
Bolt Battle S-140 E (battle rifle)
GTX BR/S I 520 (battle sniper rifle)
BPR-15 PDW (submachine gun)
S-81 .50 cal (sniper rifle)
______________________ 5 empty slots for any gun you pick (real or imaginative gun)
Please show the guns' stats for your own imaginative gun and dont make it OP by giving unrealistic stats (i.e. fire rate, caliber, clip (small/mid/biggest or if not then max clip), view range.)

Back
Top Bottom