tModLoader 《Dancing with the Dragon mod》-Add a special summoned beast type

There are currently two types of dragons expected in the ocean, one of which is expected to be obtained by fishing but the probability is very low.
After the main dragons are completed, we will start to imagine more rare or special dragons.

There are currently two types of dragons expected in the ocean, one of which is expected to be obtained by fishing but the probability is very low.
After the main dragons are completed, we will start to imagine more rare or special dragons.
Ooh 2, nice. Maybe one could be a rare drop from ocean mobs?

But I think you have already seen one of the ocean dragons. I usually post a post on my profile when I complete the look of the dragon.
And other content accumulated enough, I will update here.

Although the progress is slow, we are still working! I created a discord server, welcome to join!
Join the Dancing with the Dragon mod Discord Server!
At the same time the first demo version has been launched, welcome to play and give us suggestions and feedback bugs.:joy:

Dancing with the dragon mod is now uploaded to tml.

Please note! Beta may generate bugs or conflict with other mods!
The first playable version 0.1 is released!
-There are 11 types of young dragons in this version, and they have no evolutionary type yet.
-Four types of damage type Dragon Controlling Wand, sold by Merchant.
-Dragon Gene Petri Dish is sold by Merchant and used to make dragons.
-After defeating the Eye of Cthulhu for the first time, the world will start to drop materials for making dragons.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in this mod, I might suggest adding it to the next modded run after the current one is finished! Keep up the great work, by the way, loving the mod so far!

Despite the slow progress, we are still working hard!
Some leaks...
ug8rH5o.gif

ubRlRbc.gif

g0e8MKy.gif

iUraaZ8.gif

b4avvzL.gif

NO, but I have plans to add more dragon mounts in the future.
If you plan to make Dragons mountable, I'd suggest adding that feature to adult Dragons, which will give players a motivation to take care of them, like how Pokemon does

Try implementing the Pokemon system with this method, like making Biome Dragons obtainable at any point (so people wouldn't compare the dragons by appearance because of damage), both have same damage, but have unique attack types, and their damage are upgradable by token dropped by vanilla bosses, which their damage will be based on progression-tier (Forest Dragon with Moonlord-tier damage for example)

The reason why I suggest this is because I don't want to switch to different dragons every time I progress in the game, like I don't want to abandon Forest Dragon just because other dragons are stronger, if so, I'd like to maintain the appearance of the dragon, but make it useful for longer run at the same time

Dragons having their own different amounts of damage defeats the purpose of keeping them in your journey, and dancing along with them, basically just using them as a disposable damage dealer, and ditch them whenever you don't find the dragon useful, also making them easily forgettable with another better mounts and weapons from another mod

Similar to Pokemon, you can progress through the game with just Magikarp, because of it's leveling system, which helps you fight stronger enemies equally without having to ditch to another stronger pokemon

As for making a dragon mountable, add a saddle item the sold by town NPCs (Dryad or Merchant), equip it in dragon with its own UI, or simply use it as an accessory to make an adult dragon available for mounting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom