tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oops!

= 3.0.1.1 Changelog=
Added a little check that I forgot in the Darkheart Wings' code that prevents dust from spawning if you don't have any functional wings equipped.
(This is how Flame Wings work, with their dust particles.)

Another update, mostly to fix some balance issues I noticed with Seed of Infection drops. They have Orange rarity, but they're really more supposed to be balanced as if they were Green, or even Blue...
= 3.0.1.2 Changelog=
Dwarven Atom Smasher description slightly amended to indicate its quality.

=Debuffs=
>Irradiated
Now reduces enemy defense by 8, instead of increasing damage vulnerability by 25%.

>Badly Irradiated
New Hardmode-only debuff which increases enemy damage vulnerability by 15%.

>Ionized
DPS(NPCs): 100 dps, 25 dmg per tick(was 45 dps, 12 dmg per tick)
Inherited Irradiated's old 25% damage vulnerability.

Wasteland/Abandoned Lab/Infected enemies and bosses are now all correctly immune to the three debuffs above.

>Cantrip Acid
Now increases enemy damage vulnerability by 20% instead of by 35%.

=Weapons=
>Cantrip: Acid
Acid duration is now a flat 10 seconds.
No longer applies the debuff to players.

-Seed of Infection
>A.C.I.D. Projector
Damage: 26(was 28)
Mana: 9(was 11)
Irradiation duration is now a flat 10 seconds.

>The Crocketteer
Damage: 42(was 40)
-Crockett Rocket
Irradiation duration is now a flat 10 seconds.

>Gamma Blaster
Damage: 15(was 22)
Mana: 8(was 12)
No longer Irradiates enemies.

>Radioisotope
Damage: 11(was 10)
-Gob
No longer Irradiates enemies.

-Infected Eye
>Ball Primitive
Damage: 82(was 88)
Now Badly Irradiates enemies instead of Irradiating them.
Duration is now a flat 10 seconds.

>Radioblobber
Damage: 40(was 42)

>Mini-Nuke Launcher
Damage: 90(was 100)

-Abandoned Lab 1
>A.C.I.D. Cannon

>Ball Launcher
Damage: 80(was 90)

>Contaminator

>Rail Cannon
-Xenomite Rail

-Patient Zero
>A.C.I.D. Launcher
Now Ionizes enemies, instead of inflicting Irradiated.

>Coil Cannon
-Xenium Rail

>Drunken Dims

>Infectionator
Now only Ionizes enemies, instead of inflicting both it and Irradiated.

>Infested Nukor
Debuff now correctly applies only on critical hits.

>The Lethal Dose
-Beta Particle Beam

>Neutrinos

>Nuclear War
Duration is now a flat 15 seconds.
Self damage Ionization duration increased to 5 seconds.

>Spazer Beamer

Last edited:
I have a question.
Why is Noctemis a downgrade from Boomstick? It goes from from (16*4)*1.5 = burst of 64, DPS of 96 of Boomstick, to (12*4)*1.5 = burst of 48, DPS of 72, plus occasional 24 DPS from debuff that doesn't always proc (what's the chance, 33%?), not boosted by equipment and cannot crit, for Noctis, which all combined results in far less damage overall.

Oiling doesn't help, oiled burn ticks far slower than cursed burn, resulting in same DPS, and is it even avaliable pre-HM, before Shotgun ((24*4)*1.33 = burst of 96, average of 128) completely overshadows both?

Last edited:
I have a question.
Why is Noctemis a downgrade from Boomstick? It goes from from (16*4)*1.5 = burst of 64, DPS of 96 of Boomstick, to (12*4)*1.5 = burst of 48, DPS of 72, plus occasional 24 DPS from debuff that doesn't always proc (what's the chance, 33%?), not boosted by equipment and cannot crit, for Noctis, which all combined results in far less damage overall.

Oiling doesn't help, oiled burn ticks far slower than cursed burn, resulting in same DPS, and is it even avaliable pre-HM, before Shotgun ((24*4)*1.33 = burst of 96, average of 128) completely overshadows both?
Looks like you're right. I'd attribute this issue to the random damage variance and the way the DPS meter works making me think it had higher DPS than the Boomstick. The next update will include a change to Noctis to resolve this issue.
Edit: Okay, after some testing, I've decided to buff The Annihilator, Noctis and Sanguis. Currently, I'm thinking of 16 damage, 36 use time(was 33) and 4 bullets(was 3) for the Annihilator, 21 damage, 42 use time(was 44) for Noctis, and 18 damage, 36 use time(was 38) for Sanguis. This should put them both above the Boomstick, and in the 150-220 DPS range, which is well above average, but appropriate considering their wide spread and poor performance against defense.
I've been testing them against Expert Fire Imps, and found this to be a much better balance.

Last edited:
3.1.0.0 - The Defender's Spirit Update
'Hoooo-wee! Would you look at that!'

=Summary=
This mid-size content update includes a bunch of new features and items, most prominent of which are the Spirit Mod cross-compatibility items,
and a whole menagerie of new sentry summons- each boasting full compatibility with Expanded Sentries, in collaboration with TheLoneGamer! They even use ES's sentry range and recharge speed stats!

Other features include new glowmasks for all items that should logically have them. Previously, items that solely use a projectile with no item graphic(like throwables or spears)
lacked glowmasks, but now almost every item has proper glowmasks. As well, many projectiles have received glowmasks too, including some animated projectiles.

As usual, it's available on the forum right away, and will appear on the Browser Soon(tm).

As a miscellaneous change, a new crafting recipe for Spirit Mod's Jump Pad item was added- using 10 Astralite Shards, 3 Star Pieces, and 5 Iron/Lead Bars.

=Fixes=
Fixed a debug message relating to Cosmium ore generation being accidentally left in.
Fixed the Ichor Grenade not spawning any ichor streams.
(Probably)Fixed any weirdness associated with who owns the Red Giant's ember projectiles.

=Balance Changes=
>The Annihilator
Damage: 16(was 12)
Use Time: 36(was 33)
Quantity: 4(was 3)
Reduced spread.

>Hammerhead
Reduced base velocity to 11(was 16).

>Mezzoshark
Value changed from 200,000 to a sell price of 7 gold.
Reduced spread.

>Nanobot Dart
-Nanobots
Piercing: 5(was 6)
Tweaked AI to be more in line with bees.

>Noctis
Damage: 21(was 12)
Use Time: 42(was 44)
Reduced spread.
Correctly removed flavor text.

>Red Giant
Embers now deal 15% of hit damage, instead of 60 multiplied by the player's melee damage(weird code was setting the player's melee damage to an int as well...)

>Sanguis
Damage: 18(was 8)
Use Time: 36(was 38)
Reduced spread.

>Warp Bullet
Internal velocity reduced to 5(was 30).
This is to absolutely ensure the bullet never clips through enemies. It still pretty much travels instantly.

=New Items=
>Miniwrench
Crafted with a Minishark, 15 Wire, 1 Wrench(any color), and 999 Musket Balls
Constructs a Minishark sentry gun that will fight for you
'I love that little gun!'

>Mezzowrench - (Ammo type)
Crafted with a Miniwrench, 10 Aqua Embers, 10 Jungle Spores, 10 Obsidian, and 999 Hellfire Bullets or Meteor Shots
The sentry will fire whatever ammo type was used to craft it
Constructs a Mezzoshark sentry gun that will fight for you
Loaded with (Ammo type)
'I built that.'

>Megawrench - (Ammo type)
Crafted with a Mezzowrench, Illegal Gun Parts, 5 Shark Fins, 20 Souls of Might, and 999 Cursed Bullets, Ichor Bullets, Crystal Bullets, High Velocity Bullets, Penetrator Rounds, or Exploding Bullets
Constructs a Megashark sentry gun that will fight for you
Loaded with (Ammo type)
'That's whatcha get!'

>Hammerwrench - (Ammo type)
Crafted with a Megawrench, a Gatligator, a Chain Gun, 12 Spectre Bars, and 999 Cursed Bullets, Ichor Bullets, Crystal Bullets, High Velocity Rounds, Exploding Bullets, Penetrator Rounds, Chlorophyte Bullets, Venom Bullets, Shroomite Shots, Frostfire Bullets, or Warp Bullets
Constructs a Hammerhead sentry gun that will fight for you
Loaded with (Ammo type)
No relation to actual hammers
'I told ya, don't touch that darn thing!'

>S.D.W. - (Ammo type)
Crafted with an S.D.M.G, a Hammerwrench, 5 Luminite Bars, and 999 Cursed Bullets, Ichor Bullets, Crystal Bullets, Chlorophyte Bullets, Shroomite Shots, Warp Bullets, Luminite Bullets or Vortex Bullets
Constructs a floating S.D.M.G. sentry gun that will fight for you
Loaded with (Ammo type)
'So sad that it should come to this'

>Peashooter Seeds
Purchased from the Dryad
Plants a Peashooter that will help you defend your lawn... or anywhere, really
'Quite the hard worker'

>Repeater Seeds
Crafted with Peashooter Seeds, 10 Jungle Spores, and 2 Vines
Plants a Repeater that will help you defend your lawn... or anywhere, really
Fires two peas at once
'Secretly yearns for love'

>Gatling Pea Seeds
Crafted with Repeater Seeds, 12 Chlorophyte Bars, and a Uzi
Plants a Gatling Pea that will help you defend your lawn... or anywhere, really
Fires four peas at once
'Life is dangerous'

>Beehive Rod
Crafted with 15 Bee Wax
Places a stationary beehive, which will spawn bees when enemies are nearby
'They'd best beehave'

>Obsidian Bloom Wand
Crafted with an Obsidian Rose, a Flower of Fire, and 6 Hellstone Bars
Plants a stationary Obsidian Bloom, which will spit fireballs at enemies that pierce and travel through walls
Obstructed targets are treated as being 50% further away
'It has a taste for plumber flesh'

>Walkie-Talkie
Dropped by Skeleton Snipers(8.33%)
Summons a stationary Skeleton Sniper, who will snipe enemies at extreme range for you
Range is doubled and damage is increased by 50% against enemies you've manually targeted
'He's not a crazed gunman'

>Lihzahrd Control Tablet
Crafted with 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell, 5 Solar Tablet Fragments, 30 Wires, 1 Spiky Ball Trap, 1 Spear Trap, 1 Flame Trap, and 1 Super Dart Trap
Summons a stationary Lihzahrd Totem, which will shoot gouts of flame, extending spears, spiky balls, and darts left and right while enemies are nearby
'It's both kinds of tablet'

=Spirit Mod Cross-Compatibility=

=Briar
>Droseran Staff
Dropped by Droseran Trapper(20%)
Summons a stationary Droseran Sapling to spit poisonous seeds at your foes

=Jelly Deluge
>Moonstaff
Dropped by Moonlight Rupturer (4%)
Fires Tiny Rupturers that seek out enemies and explode

=The Tide
>Tiki Cane
Dropped from Kakamoran Shamans(6.66%)
Summons a stationary Tiki Head, which will blow bubbles at nearby enemies
'The tiki is full of shiny objects'

>Cruise Wand
Dropped from Bubble Brutes(5%)
Blows a controllable cruise bubble, which explodes in an area
Exploding this bubble on yourself grants you a weird speed boost, for a cost of an additional 20 mana
'Who blew this bubble?!'

=Post Skeletron Asteroid Field + Starplate Voyager
>Plasma Assault Rifle
Dropped by Stardancers (8%)
Fires a three-round burst of bouncing plasma bolts
'A state-of-the-art assault rifle hardened for use in extreme environments.'

=Starplate Voyager
>Drill Spear
Crafted using 17 Astralite Shards
Functions as a drill
'Pierce the heavens, or at least the earth.'

>Wand of Asteroids
Crafted using 16 Astralite Shards, and 1 Wand of Comets
Holding the button summons asteroids, which orbit you defensively
Releasing the button causes all asteroids to shoot towards your cursor
Up to five asteroids can orbit you at a time, and releasing a full ring of five asteroids deals more damage
'It was only a matter of time before someone weaponized the Oberth Effect'

>Eoarchean Eliminator
Crafted using 16 Astralite Shards, and 1 Heavy Bombardment
Can still be used to craft the Lunar Cataclysm
Fired rockets become electrical homing missiles
15% chance to not consume ammo
'Blast them from the past'

=Cryolite
>Ice Spire Rod
Crafted using 15 Cryolite Bars
Summons a stationary ice spire, which will fire icy beams at nearby enemies
The beams inflict 'Cryo Crush,' which does more damage as enemy health wanes
This effect does not apply to bosses, and deals a flat amount of damage instead

=Mystic Moon
>Plantar (Scythe)
Dropped by Glow Toads(5%)
Critical strikes on enemies summon four spinning leaf blades, which fly a short distance before returning
'I don't feel safe!'

engineer gaming

Last edited:
That's some cool stuff.
Though it'd be nice to have bullet sentries functioning in a similar way to certain items like Master's Libram from Thorium - i.e. cycling through bullet types with RMB.

That's some cool stuff.
Though it'd be nice to have bullet sentries functioning in a similar way to certain items like Master's Libram from Thorium - i.e. cycling through bullet types with RMB.
I wouldn't even know how to start with a system like that- I'd have no idea how to 'add' available bullet types to an item without making a thousand more variants, not to mention that would prevent the right-click targeting functionality for these items.
And if I didn't want to require that the player actually add the bullet type to the item, then that would give the player access to a bunch of ammo options with no extra cost, which wouldn't quite seem right to me.
It might be possible to make the item draw ammo from the player's inventory, but that would quickly drain your reserves with multiple sentries, and specifically balancing different ammo types like I have with these items would be very difficult. It's also very possible such a system could have overpowered combinations with other mods.

I wouldn't even know how to start with a system like that- I'd have no idea how to 'add' available bullet types to an item without making a thousand more variants, not to mention that would prevent the right-click targeting functionality for these items.
And if I didn't want to require that the player actually add the bullet type to the item, then that would give the player access to a bunch of ammo options with no extra cost, which wouldn't quite seem right to me.

And since the only material for the entire lineup that will be in short supply is S.D.M.G, players are likely to plan ahead and make several sentries in parallel anway.

If you're not completely disinterested, you cold make recipe require about 300-500 of each bullet, except only either Cursed or Ichor, and for RMB functionality, since first recipe require Mechanic, and give it a tooltip that it can be targeted with Wrangler from Expanded Sentries. It currently lacks any RMB, I think, so having targeting on it would be avaliable at the right time and thematic. Engie can't control his sentry without it, after all.

It might be possible to make the item draw ammo from the player's inventory, but that would quickly drain your reserves with multiple sentries, and specifically balancing different ammo types like I have with these items would be very difficult. It's also very possible such a system could have overpowered combinations with other mods.

Agree about rapid drain and ammo from other mods, but what do you mean by balancing ammo types?

And since the only material for the entire lineup that will be in short supply is S.D.M.G, players are likely to plan ahead and make several sentries in parallel anway.

If you're not completely disinterested, you cold make recipe require about 300-500 of each bullet, except only either Cursed or Ichor, and for RMB functionality, since first recipe require Mechanic, and give it a tooltip that it can be targeted with Wrangler from Expanded Sentries. It currently lacks any RMB, I think, so having targeting on it would be avaliable at the right time and thematic. Engie can't control his sentry without it, after all.

Agree about rapid drain and ammo from other mods, but what do you mean by balancing ammo types?
By right-click, I mean selecting a target with RMB like every summon lets you do- I don't know how to override that, nor do I want to. As for Wrangler targeting, I really wouldn't know how to do that either- I'd have to ask TheLoneGamer.
As for balancing ammo types, I mean that sentry balancing is quite different from how guns are balanced- sentries with piercing ammo need to do significantly less damage than non-piercing options, and if they could use ammo types from other mods, it's possible one could discover a very broken combo.

I understand that having to choose one ammo type for your sentry isn't ideal, but I simply can't think of any solutions that I could actually program, which would work better. You have to remember that I'm not skilled enough to just make it work however I want, this game wants to work a very specific way, and the more custom systems I try to write, generally the buggier and messier things get. I'd rather have it work this way than make a complicated system that barely works.

Turns out, I think I've managed to find a solution that works better.

3.1.0.1 Changelog
Reduced the ammo amount required to craft the sentry wrenches to 150(was 999).
Now, every sentry wrench with multiple ammo options can be crafted into every other ammo option with 150 of the desired ammo type, and any wrench.
Conversion can be done by hand.

Note that it's possible to convert a wrench into the same ammo type. This is because I used recipe groups; the only other way to do it would be to make about a bajillion extra recipes.
Think of it as a way to wipe the prefix for an ammo cost.

Turns out, I think I've managed to find a solution that works better.

3.1.0.1 Changelog
Now, every sentry wrench with multiple ammo options can be crafted into every other ammo option with 150 of the desired ammo type, and any wrench.

Note that it's possible to convert a wrench into the same ammo type. This is because I used recipe groups; the only other way to do it would be to make about a bajillion extra recipes.
Think of it as a way to wipe the prefix for an ammo cost.
so recently i downloaded the mod and it refuses to update and keeps crashing my game. love the mod tough

so recently i downloaded the mod and it refuses to update and keeps crashing my game. love the mod tough
I can't help if you don't provide any logs or information. In Documents/My Games/Terraria/Modloader/Logs, there should be a client.log and server.log.
Before you send that to me though, please test the game with only my mod loaded, and see if it still crashes. (Make a new world, otherwise if you load into an existing world, any background tiles added by mods, like Spirit or Thorium, will disappear!)
Also, if Terraria is telling you the game "ran out of memory", you likely have too many mods loaded, which isn't specifically my mod's fault. The regular TModloader executable will often crash if you try to do anything after reloading/downloading mods because it just doesn't have much memory to work with.

I thought about suggesting that, but decided that that way it gets more involved than just making several sentries of desired ammo types.

On a second thought though, it's not something player might want to do all that often, and since there's four ammo slots that engie have no good use for otherwise, I guess this should work just fine with new, moderate price.

hey i have a question, what happen to the gemspark guns, dusts and the laser and plasma guns?
They were cut because none of them really fit my standard of quality, and in the case of the Nuclear Throne weapons, their sound effects actually significantly bloated the filesize.
Not to mention they were redundant, and laggy.
Ideally, I'd have liked to keep and overhaul them, but sometimes you just have to cut content that isn't up to par.
Some of them might return later though, albeit in a very different form.

They were cut because none of them really fit my standard of quality, and in the case of the Nuclear Throne weapons, their sound effects actually significantly bloated the filesize.
Not to mention they were redundant, and laggy.
Ideally, I'd have liked to keep and overhaul them, but sometimes you just have to cut content that isn't up to par.
Some of them might return later though, albeit in a very different form.
oh I see, thanks for clarifying this situation, because I currently used them too much
I understand the reason why you removed them

There's an update currently inkoming that promises to be really squidtastic! I'd be kidding if I said it didn't fall outside the scope of the mod a little bit, though... so I have a slightly weird solution to splat problem!
Rest assured, it's going to get messy!

their seems to be a problem with the "harp Feather" i do remember having problems with this in the past but this time after using it after a short time i'm now frozen in place and cant move

[11:27:38] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: CalValEX_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> CalamityMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[11:28:26] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.Projectiles.CalamityGlobalProjectile.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile) in CalamityMod\Projectiles\CalamityGlobalProjectile.cs:line 82
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile, Boolean createModProjectile)
at Terraria.Projectile.SetDefaults(Int32 Type)
at Terraria.Projectile.NewProjectile(Single X, Single Y, Single SpeedX, Single SpeedY, Int32 Type, Int32 Damage, Single KnockBack, Int32 Owner, Single ai0, Single ai1)
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HoverShooter.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\MinionHoverShooter.cs:line 243
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HarpSummon.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\HarpSummon.cs:line 253
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.AI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.ProjectileAI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.Projectile.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

this was never resolved and it seems its still bugged.

another thing that happens is that it just vanishes for no reason....then i respawn it...and after like a few seconds or so its either it vanishes or i freeze in place.

as u can see i froze in place and the foxy despawned

Last edited:
their seems to be a problem with the "harp Feather" i do remember having problems with this in the past but this time after using it after a short time i'm now frozen in place and cant move

[11:27:38] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: CalValEX_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> CalamityMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[11:28:26] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.Projectiles.CalamityGlobalProjectile.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile) in CalamityMod\Projectiles\CalamityGlobalProjectile.cs:line 82
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile, Boolean createModProjectile)
at Terraria.Projectile.SetDefaults(Int32 Type)
at Terraria.Projectile.NewProjectile(Single X, Single Y, Single SpeedX, Single SpeedY, Int32 Type, Int32 Damage, Single KnockBack, Int32 Owner, Single ai0, Single ai1)
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HoverShooter.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\MinionHoverShooter.cs:line 243
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HarpSummon.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\HarpSummon.cs:line 253
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.AI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.ProjectileAI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.Projectile.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

this was never resolved and it seems its still bugged.

another thing that happens is that it just vanishes for no reason....then i respawn it...and after like a few seconds or so its either it vanishes or i freeze in place.

as u can see i froze in place and the foxy despawned
With this error, the code that caused the problem seems to be in CalamityGlobalProjectile, not in my summon code. To reiterate, MinionHoverShooter is nearly identical to the version from ExampleMod(the line it points to just sets the timeLeft of the spawned projectile; completely innocent code that's straight from exampleMod), and the Harp summon doesn't have much unusual about it(the line it's pointing to there just runs basic MinionHoverShooter behavior- the unique properties of that summon aren't even what it's pointing to).
I doubt I can fix this. It's most likely Calamity's fault.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom