Terraria State of the Game - July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next month is August not September

yes... and they're going to SUBMIT the update for certification at the END of august... that would be "a few weeks" from now.

considering it can take a week or so for certification, we won't be getting 1.4 until september, most likely.

it pays to take your time and read a post before responding to it.

Last edited:
We shall wait and see what happens in upcoming weeks. And about the Cyperpunk thing. Yes, I know it been in development for 9 years but why there so many game breaking bugs. Mmmm? CD Projekt, they rush development and the game was not ready for launch. And old gen console version was unplayable. So it was definitely rushed.

This even prove my point to this. I know you are exciting, but DON'T rush the developers. It not ready to launch. They are getting things ready for you to play. Bug free. And you will enjoy the update to it maximum potential! With very little bugs. Just wait it until it is ready. They said in few weeks. Fine, ready until mid August.
I’m not rushing them, all I’m doing is voicing my disappointment in our current position as console players. Considering how it’ll be close to a year of console waiting after mobile I think I’m allowed to voice that, which of course is still hoping and praying everything goes to plan and a delay doesn’t happen. Then in comparison to how quickly mobile came out in half the time it gets to be more and more frustrating. I understand the circumstances that ended up unintentionally leaving console in the dust, but the feelings of frustration and disappointment in it all is still gonna be there regardless. Seeing what is most likely gonna be a mid to late August release, putting us only a couple weeks away from crossing that year long wait after mobile, just keeps adding on to those feelings.

I’m not rushing them, all I’m doing is voicing my disappointment in our current position as console players. Considering how it’ll be close to a year of console waiting after mobile I think I’m allowed to voice that, which of course is still hoping and praying everything goes to plan and a delay doesn’t happen. Then in comparison to how quickly mobile came out in half the time it gets to be more and more frustrating. I understand the circumstances that ended up unintentionally leaving console in the dust, but the feelings of frustration and disappointment in it all is still gonna be there regardless. Seeing what is most likely gonna be a mid to late August release, putting us only a couple weeks away from crossing that year long wait after mobile, just keeps adding on to those feelings.
They 1.4 came out in October for mobile? You have wait at the latest September. It not that late. Why are disappoint? They are still working on the update for you. I am guessing this update will ready by at least Mid September.

I was right. It came in October, plus I hope you do realize coding in console is different each platform of the game. Anyways this take time. It sounds they are almost done with it.

Prove:Mobile version history

Last edited:
They 1.4 came out in October for mobile? You have wait at the latest September. It not that late. Why are disappoint? They are still working on the update for you. I am guessing this update will ready by at least Mid September.

I was right. It came in October, plus I hope you do realize coding in console is different each platform of the game. Anyways this take time. It sounds they are almost done with it.

the biggest frustration is that 1.4 isn't the final update.

since they added even more content and made significant changes with 1.4.1, THAT is the final content update, and we won't get that until next year, most likely...

i don't wanna play 1.4 only to have to start all over again when 1.4.1 comes out, so i'm gonna be forced to wait another half a year or so for them to get around to bringing the console version up to parity with PC.

Last edited:
the biggest frustration is that 1.4 isn't the final update.

since they added even more content with 1.4.1, THAT is the final content update, and we won't get that until next year, most likely...

i don't wanna play 1.4 only to have to start all over again when 1.4.1 comes out, so i'm gonna be forced to wait another half a year or so for them to get around to bringing the console version up to parity with PC.
I THINK they are rebuilding the code. They did that for mobile. And doing same thing for console. And I don't think you have wait 6 months because 1.4.1 is way smaller then journeys end update. Because what does it really add. They probably have that done with a 3 months.
1.4.2 added stream support. That will never come to console because of obvious reasons. 1.4.3 change balance of weapons and other things. And added a secret seed.

Last edited:
I THINK they are rebuilding the code. They did that for mobile. And doing same thing for console. And I don't think you have wait 6 months because 1.4.1 is way smaller then journeys end update. Because what does it really add. They probably have that done with a 3 months.
1.4.2 added stream support. That will never come to console because of obvious reasons. 1.4.3 change balance of weapons and other things. And added a secret seed.

you forget... after 1.4 is done for PS/XB, they're gonna do 1.4 for the switch... then they'll most likely go back to mobile and bring that up to parity with PC.

after ALL of that is done... THEN they'll come back and bring consoles up to parity.

that will very likely take roughly half a year.

for 1.4.1's changes, here is the page for it on the wiki...

it's a pretty significant update and makes important changes to how worldgen works, as well.

also, there is no "1.4.3"... 1.4.2 added the new world seed.

Last edited:

I really don't understand your point here. All this did was strengthen my own point. Yeah, it came out in October, I knew this, hence why I said it's frustrating we're gonna be getting it nearly a year after the last platform that got it. Your prediction of a mid September against my August prediction only exacerbates that point. That only puts us closer to that mark of waiting for a year after mobile. I'm disappointed that by September that will have been 11 months of waiting, and waiting, followed by more waiting before our platform even gets much needed bug fixes, let alone 1.4 itself.

I really don't understand your point here. All this did was strengthen my own point. Yeah, it came out in October, I knew this, hence why I said it's frustrating we're gonna be getting it nearly a year after the last platform that got it. Your prediction of a mid September against my August prediction only exacerbates that point. That only puts us closer to that mark of waiting for a year after mobile. I'm disappointed that by September that will have been 11 months of waiting, and waiting, followed by more waiting before our platform even gets much needed bug fixes, let alone 1.4 itself.
Hi there.

If you look back through some of the previous SOTGs, I've been a little vocal a times about how long it's taken. I get how annoying it is to wait, I really do. I play splitscreen with my hubby on console, but have my own worlds on mobile. I've had to stop playing on mobile so I don't spoil the discoveries with him. It feels like I've been without Terraria ages.

But we're finally getting there now. I know you're waiting for the final update as well, but that shouldn't stop you at least trying this update. You'll still have plenty new to try when the last one drops (which I agree is going to be quite some time) so why not just enjoy all the stuff in this one while we wait that bit longer?

Hi there.

If you look back through some of the previous SOTGs, I've been a little vocal a times about how long it's taken. I get how annoying it is to wait, I really do. I play splitscreen with my hubby on console, but have my own worlds on mobile. I've had to stop playing on mobile so I don't spoil the discoveries with him. It feels like I've been without Terraria ages.

But we're finally getting there now. I know you're waiting for the final update as well, but that shouldn't stop you at least trying this update. You'll still have plenty new to try when the last one drops (which I agree is going to be quite some time) so why not just enjoy all the stuff in this one while we wait that bit longer?

that last part sounds like you're referring to my posts, as i'm the one who was going on about not wanting to play 1.4 until we get 1.4.1.

two different people, i don't recall seeing nemesis mention not wanting to play until the final update comes along.

anyway, speaking for myself, i just can't play until we atleast get 1.4.1, cause it makes changes that i want to experience on my first and main 1.4 world.

i just refuse to play without the princess, vanity contest outfits, all the new items and changes to others, and especially the worldgen changes.

1.4 by itself is just a bump in the road until 1.4.1 hits consoles... THAT is when terraria became truly complete, content-wise.

it's why i keep dropping terraria for long periods of time despite my intense love for the game, because of seeing PC and mobile pass us by, my version of the game just feels incomplete, and that ruins my experience and prevents me from having fun.

Last edited:
I was fishing for oasis crates in mobile (journey mode) when the drop rate for oasis crate is even LOWER than golden crate (get 3 golden and 2 oasis crate)
Then I started to remember things like "fishing nerf" and remembered "oh, they had not released the update that un-buff it" ...
:/

Sorry for delayed responses, but let me hit the highlights.

Does it mean that 1.4 will be submitted to Microsoft in a few weeks, or it is already waiting for submission and will be out in a few weeks?

Submitted in a few weeks, barring some last minute snafus. Still some other stuff to get in, final tests, etc. Once its at MS/Sony... the timing is out of our collective hands as to how long they take to review, what they want fixed, etc... which is why we cannot give you "this is the date!" yet.

I hope they make more figurines. Pewdlord looks awesome!

I would put that in the "very likely" camp - so definitely keep a close eye out. ;)

Hello! I’m new here, but I’m excited for Journey’s End on console. I have just one question that I hope someone can answer.

When Journey’s End launches on console, which version of the update are consoles going to get? 1.4.0 or 1.4.1?

Work on parity for Mobile and Console will begin once Console hotfixes (there are ALWAYS some things missed) and then Switch are done. No idea of the ETA on that yet.

My PERSONAL preference for that parity update would be to have all platforms ready at once. That is just me speaking personally, though... I will have to see what DR thinks about the feasibility of that.

Ok so 1.4 is near and I'm wondering can you add tmod on ps4? I wanna play calamity
i wanna play calamity

I will never say never on mods beyond PC. However, there are many, many obstacles to that... so that will have to be a "maybe someday, but cannot say yes" thing.

@Loki Maybe you will consider adding to the Terraria Mobile control customization options unique button that can allow players to instant dash instead of double tapping movement sides? IMO that would be amazing and very useful :)

"Dash Button" has been a common request, so I know the team is aware of the desire. Can't promise what or when beyond that at this point.

So pretty much the same news for console as the last couple of sotgs consisting of "soon"

I would say that "we are about to submit to MS/Sony" is a pretty substantial difference than a nebulous "progress is good, cannot give a date" comment. The uncontrollable timing of that review process is all that prohibits a date being given, really. :)

@Loki Since I don't think I got the answer one month ago, I would like to ask you again. Will I be able to change this:
View attachment 335542
To this:
View attachment 335543

Not that I've seen in the options. I have shared it with DR, however - but to be fair, they have much bigger fish to fry (not discounting your issue, just saying).

So what I'm hearing is that an alpha of 1.4 tModloader is almost here and that console 1.4 is coming soon? This is excellent news!

The Alpha went out recently, yes. However, it bears repeating 1000x over that it is intended for DEVELOPERS and anyone using it should do so with a heavy dose of caveat emptor.

More details here > TML 1.4 Alpha & Progress Summary [01.08.2021] :: tModLoader General Discussions

As much as I’d love to believe 1.4 will be great on console I don’t really think I have much reason to believe there won’t be some bugs or something that’ll hinder that

I can 100% guarantee you the launch version will have some bugs. Every piece of software does, no matter how hard you test it. The key is getting those fixed up well and fast.

There is a LOT more going into this console update than what you would see with a "1.4 > 1.4.1" change.

We are about to enter The Parity Era? Never would I have though that a time like this would come.

Man I love this community so much. I love how open-minded, experimental and community oriented the folks at Re-logic are. Imagine that... A podcast style stage night! I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!!! (I love podcasts and I really like the stage night discord feature too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom