tModLoader The Stars Above - 'Conquer the world's evils, Starfarers at your side.'

What should be the next addition?

• More weapons

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More bosses

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Starfarer Active Abilities

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how does one get the essences?
i think i heard someone saying they got an essence from just going into the underworld, but i didn't when i went
So far i've only defeated eow so maybe im just not far enough yet but i'd really like to know in advance
You can get Essences beginning right after defeating Skeletron. Just talk to your Starfarer when the game prompts you.

If there's one complaint I have about this mod, besides the obvious stuff, it's that the starfarers really don't have that much dialogue. After very little gameplay you'll see pretty much everything they can tell you and you only get a new line when you beat a boss/invasion. You could have a ton more lines depending on the time, biome, npcs you have, if events are happening, if you're fighting a boss, etc.

Last edited:
If there's one complaint I have about this mod, besides the obvious stuff, it's that the starfarers really don't have that much dialogue. After very little gameplay you'll see pretty much everything they can tell you and you only get a new line when you beat a boss/invasion. You could have a ton more line depending on the time, biome, npcs you have, if events are happening, if you're fighting a boss, etc.
Honestly agree with this one. They don't give out any dialogue regarding other mods despite this mod having Calamity support. It's be nice to see them react to my GFL mod's stuff because of the implication they've traveled to universe like GFL before due to the presence of Arknights weapons in this mod.

To be completely honest,

This mod has really brought me back to terraria. I usually ran calamity solo many times on death mode and after my 8th or so run of it got really boring to play alone and I had to get friends(which ended up not turning out well because they completely stole everything and it was always first come first serve with then rather than 50/50 or anything like that) but once i found this mod a few months after quitting my calamity runs I decided to give it a shot because it is compatible with calamity. Turns out this was the best thing ever because the change in gameplay made death mode feel much more cooler with mechanic changes, and I didn't really feel like I was playing by myself but with a partner that compliments me when doing things and encourages me to fight harder bosses and such. I managed to get through another run and played again and am currently just post moonlord. I really really really enjoy the mechanics of this mod and I think they are amazing, really brought me back to terraria. This is probably one of the BEST smaller mods I have seen since calamity came out. This mod just enhanced everything and doesn't make anything unbalanced which is amazing, and the fact that it purposely comes with mod crossplay makes it even better.

The only pet peeve I have is after playing through the game twice I feel like all the dialogue will just get bland and it will just be the same thing. As "Ricape" said I really do think more dialogue should be added to make your Starfarer almost feel more connected with you.

Overall an amazing mod and I will be adding it into pretty much every mudpack I play from now on. Keep up the amazing work and I am excited to see what this mod will look like at v1.0!

Is there a discord seever for this mod yet? I think it would help to organise things and have better development process

I really like your mod. And I think it's the best mod for Terraria. And the design is good too. So I would like to have a picture of Eridani and Asphodene's full body but I can't find it anywhere. Can you send it to me? I'll just have the pictures. (For example, I'd like to have full body pictures of Eridani and Asphodene in this picture. If you have several, I'd be very grateful if you could send them in!)

Attachments

• Starfarers.png
    Starfarers.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 210
I really like your mod. And I think it's the best mod for Terraria. And the design is good too. So I would like to have a picture of Eridani and Asphodene's full body but I can't find it anywhere. Can you send it to me? I'll just have the pictures. (For example, I'd like to have full body pictures of Eridani and Asphodene in this picture. If you have several, I'd be very grateful if you could send them in!)
Sure, I'll add the sprites to the assets at the bottom of the forum post.

Is there a discord seever for this mod yet? I think it would help to organise things and have better development process
I've asked this question multiple times myself... and seen this asked on this forum page multiple times. It's becoming apparent that the Stars Above's popularity has grown so fast, using a Discord server to tie this new but quickly growing mod fanbase together is something that would have been very likely. But with Paper Luigi's concern of having to deal with such a task that should not be underestimated and that he's totally booked on his server count, I see requests for a Discord server for this mod more as somewhat futile than anything.

Love the mod, doe it could use a way to reset ur progress/starfarer
If u join the wrong world (one with more progress than your current one) you just completely screw up ur progress as the disk updates based on world progress and wont downgrade when going to "weaker" world.

EDIT: didn't know about the debug disk, finally fixed stuff.

EDIT 2: debug disk only reset dialogues, not stellar aray progress :/

Last edited:
Excuse me but I can't update the new version in the Tmod Loader. The download was pretty slow and then it suddenly crash my Tmod Loader. After I try running the Tmod Loader again "The Stars Above" mod got deleted somehow. And when I try to download it again in the Tmod Loader. The download won't start. Am I the only one having this problem? I tried downloading other mod in the Tmod Loader and it work just fine though...

I really like this mod... It'd be a shame if I can't play it again

Edit: Good news! I've managed to download the mod from tModLoader Mod Browser Mirror. The new update is amazing! I love it that the Starfarer can interact with you more than before! They have really become a great partner in my journey in Terraria. I've also found out that installing the better zoom mod makes the UI a little bit better since I'm playing in 1366x768 resolution! I definitely recommend installing it for those who have a problem with their resolution! It makes the game far better!

Last edited:
It seems that Nalhaun, The Burnished King cannot use his Laevateinn attack correctly. In phase 2 only the status message "Ars Laevateinn prepares to strike!" appeared but no attack was performed. Is this intended or a bug?

First of all i love this mod! It's pretty unique and has some nice gameplay implications <3
I'm using it in 1.4 tml alpha and just wanted to let you know about an error loading it.
Keep uo the good work <3

[57/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading StarsAbove
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key '51' was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.ModLoader.SoundLoader.GetSoundSlot(SoundType type, String sound)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetSoundSlot(SoundType type, String name)
at StarsAbove.NPCs.VagrantOfSpaceAndTime.SetDefaults() in StarsAbove\NPCs\VagrantOfSpaceAndTime.cs:line 76
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<SetDefaults>b__1()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.LoaderUtils.InstantiateGlobals[TGlobal,TEntity](TEntity entity, IEnumerable`1 globals, Instanced`1[]& entityGlobals, Func`2 getInstance, Action midInstantiationAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModNPC.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__41_1(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[18:16:06] [57/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: StarsAbove

It seems that Nalhaun, The Burnished King cannot use his Laevateinn attack correctly. In phase 2 only the status message "Ars Laevateinn prepares to strike!" appeared but no attack was performed. Is this intended or a bug?
This is a known bug; don't worry, I'm working on it. Thanks.
First of all i love this mod! It's pretty unique and has some nice gameplay implications <3
I'm using it in 1.4 tml alpha and just wanted to let you know about an error loading it.
Keep uo the good work <3

[57/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading StarsAbove
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key '51' was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.ModLoader.SoundLoader.GetSoundSlot(SoundType type, String sound)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetSoundSlot(SoundType type, String name)
at StarsAbove.NPCs.VagrantOfSpaceAndTime.SetDefaults() in StarsAbove\NPCs\VagrantOfSpaceAndTime.cs:line 76
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<SetDefaults>b__1()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.LoaderUtils.InstantiateGlobals[TGlobal,TEntity](TEntity entity, IEnumerable`1 globals, Instanced`1[]& entityGlobals, Func`2 getInstance, Action midInstantiationAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModNPC.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__41_1(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[18:16:06] [57/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: StarsAbove
I think tModLoader 1.4 updated recently and I'll try and get a fix working soon.

Back
Top Bottom