Important Forum Update - New Features (Feb 2021)

Does anyone know the dimensions of the profile banner? I didn't see a recommended dimension size listed anywhere and I wanted to make sure I get it right when(ever) I make mine.
I believe that it is 1178px x 250px (from source).

The various background/color themes we have are custom styles, but they were all created before this banner feature existed, and I see no overrides for this part of our styles, so that dimension should be it.

In general, when you select an image to use, there is a clip box shown and you can use that to select the portion of the original image to use, so I'm not sure there is a need to create an image with those exact dimensions.

I believe that it is 1178px x 250px (from source).

The various background/color themes we have are custom styles, but they were all created before this banner feature existed, and I see no overrides for this part of our styles, so that dimension should be it.

In general, when you select an image to use, there is a clip box shown and you can use that to select the portion of the original image to use, so I'm not sure there is a need to create an image with those exact dimensions.
Ah, okay. I was wondering just in case there's a size limit because I've run into things like that, and wanted to make my own banner eventually.

TEMPORARY CHANGE FOR NEW USERNAME REQUESTS
Right now the system will allow you to change your username only once every 30 days. Previously you could change it twice every 30 days. We are working on a fix to hopefully get us back to allowing you to change your username twice every 30 days.
Back in Feb we had to make a temporary change to allow only one username change every 30 days instead of the desired two username changes every 30 days.

I‘m happy to say that I think the issue has been solved, and you should once again be able to change your username twice every 30 days as intended. Please let me know if there are any problems that you encounter. :)

Back in Feb we had to make a temporary change to allow only one username change every 30 days instead of the desired two username changes every 30 days.

I‘m happy to say that I think the issue has been solved, and you should once again be able to change your username twice every 30 days as intended. Please let me know if there are any problems that you encounter. :)
Yay! I'm happy to hear this! I had some trouble with that this year, and, it was pretty difficult to change my name. I would like to know if an attempt is counted as if the member changed its name or just when you change it.

Yay! I'm happy to hear this! I had some trouble with that this year, and, it was pretty difficult to change my name. I would like to know if an attempt is counted as if the member changed its name or just when you change it.
The username change page will always display if you are eligible for another name change.

If you’re not, it will tell you on what date you will be...
D992EC59-A833-4EB5-9687-7CA20970DC9D.jpeg

The username change page will always display if you are eligible for another name change.

If you’re not, it will tell you on what date you will be...
View attachment 339027
Yeah, but I mean if I just atempt it counts or it will just count if I actually changed my name? Because if for example a person wants to change its name, and tries, but it doesn't get accepted, and tries again with another name, and doesn't get accepted again, will it count as if that person changed its name just because it tried? Wasn't the rule meaning that you can actually change you name two times, meaning that your name is accepted two times per month?

Yeah, but I mean if I just atempt it counts or it will just count if I actually changed my name? Because if for example a person wants to change its name, and tries, but it doesn't get accepted, and tries again with another name, and doesn't get accepted again, will it count as if that person changed its name just because it tried? Wasn't the rule meaning that you can actually change you name two times, meaning that your name is accepted two times per month?
I tried a username change, but it got rejected. I was able to change my name right after that.

I beleive it is only approved changes that count towards the limit :)

Hi all, just a small note here to let you know that you can now search in conversations. This functionality was something we had in the past, then we lost it during one of the upgrades, but now it’s back! :)

SEARCH IN CONVERSATIONS
Your convos are still private. No one, not another member and not staff, can see inside your conversations, even by searching.

REGULAR SEARCH
You can use the regular Search button in the top right, and results will now include any conversations that you are a part of.

6E946739-3060-459B-80B8-312BEC32FBAC.jpeg

CONVERSATIONS PAGE
If you are on the Conversations page (where it shows all of your conversations), you can now search only in convos by using the drop down and choosing “Conversations”

8D980AD1-0DE8-441A-8CAF-C9815F6A254B.jpeg

ADVANCED SEARCH
And lastly, another spot is in the Advanced Search (click the regular Search on the top right, then click Advanced Search). You’ll now see a new tab, “Search Conversations” where you can input some filtering choices to narrow down the results.

4804D42F-A481-4F8E-B462-513D01A95188.jpeg

E7547D73-5A9F-4595-809B-6E0FED0E55F6.jpeg

Again, I want to emphasize that you will only be able to see search results for conversations that you are a part of. No one else will be able to see conversation messages unless they are a part of that conversation.

For those of us that have quite a few convos, I hope this returned functionality makes things easier. :)

Hi all, just a small note here to let you know that you can now search in conversations. This functionality was something we had in the past, then we lost it during one of the upgrades, but now it’s back! :)

SEARCH IN CONVERSATIONS
Your convos are still private. No one, not another member and not staff, can see inside your conversations, even by searching.

REGULAR SEARCH
You can use the regular Search button in the top right, and results will now include any conversations that you are a part of.

View attachment 355395

CONVERSATIONS PAGE
If you are on the Conversations page (where it shows all of your conversations), you can now search only in convos by using the drop down and choosing “Conversations”

View attachment 355393

ADVANCED SEARCH
And lastly, another spot is in the Advanced Search (click the regular Search on the top right, then click Advanced Search). You’ll now see a new tab, “Search Conversations” where you can input some filtering choices to narrow down the results.

View attachment 355396

View attachment 355394

Again, I want to emphasize that you will only be able to see search results for conversations that you are a part of. No one else will be able to see conversation messages unless they are a part of that conversation.

For those of us that have quite a few convos, I hope this returned functionality makes things easier. :)
Now THIS is helpful. No more losing information posted in a combo to a flood of messages... This is great!

Back
Top Bottom