Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
stateofthegame-aug2021.png

Greetings Terrarians!

It's back to school time for those of you still in school - and for everyone else, its the dog days of Summer as we look forward to cooler temperatures of what will hopefully be an amazing Fall season. One thing we know for certain is that the last few months of 2021 will see a lot of exciting happenings for Terraria! We have lots of juicy news across the board this month, so let's not waste any more time chatting!

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS

TMODLOADER NEWS

CONSOLE/SWITCH NEWS

MOBILE NEWS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC

STEAM WORKSHOP NEWS

The level of quality and quantity on the Terraria Steam Workshop just continues to climb - over 20,000 packs and worlds so far, which is just insane! If you have not checked out the Workshop yet, what are you waiting for?

Click the banner above to check out the Terraria Workshop!

index.php

TERRARIA WORKSHOP DEVELOPER'S CHOICE SELECTIONS
Our lineup of Developer's Choice picks this time are great in their simplicity and focus on specifics. They have a clear goal and accomplish it well - we hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

1629741229641.png
NPC Happiness Helper by jawsawn

1629741256035.png
Strange Pets and Summons by ヒナケイ

index.php

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON?

Game jams keep on jamming on! We finished up our first jam project and are off onto another very different experiment at this time. The entire process has been a lot of fun and immensely helpful towards exploring ideas, building skills, and improving on how we work together. All of these things will pay huge dividends down the road!

So, for now, we will have to just continue to ask for your patience and trust in our process as we continue our own journey towards whatever lies ahead.

index.php

As always, keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

index.php

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

Back to Table of Contents
index.php

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

Hello everyone!

As we shared previously, the tModLoader 1.4 Alpha is out now - you can click the link below to find out more. Do keep in mind that this Alpha is primarily intended for developers as an audience - so play around with it at your own risk! :)

As always, you can keep track the current progress and such more in real time at tModLoader/tModLoader (But note that the completion percentage doesn't mean anything, because issues and PRs don't have weights.)

Developers who are willing to contribute may do so by doing PRs to the tModLoader/tModLoader branch. (See tModLoader/tModLoader)

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch - DR STUDIOS

XBOX & PLAYSTATION

Greetings, Terrarians! August 25th was yesterday, and what a day it was. Why, you ask? Well, yesterday we officially pressed the submission buttons for Terraria: Journey's End on PlayStation and Xbox! Now, we invite all of you to anxiously wait on Sony and Microsoft to complete their review process, after which we will be ready to turn this amazing update over to all of you!

We wish we could be more exact and give you a launch date. However, the review process is not all that predictable in terms of how long it takes, what might need to be addressed, etc. in each submission. Rest assured that when we hear something, we will let everyone know just as soon as we can.

This is the final stretch folks - thanks so much for your patience thus far!

STORIES FROM TESTVILLE

1629741873610.png

Performance checking with Pumpkin Moon? Child's Play! Let's add in a Destroyer!

1629742186698.png

Ok, sure... but now do it in Splitscreen (seriously, do not try this at home kids!)

index.php

NINTENDO SWITCH

Work is officially underway on bringing the awesomeness of Journey's End to Nintendo Switch. We do not have an exact time to give you just yet, but here's a screenshot of Zenith doing its thing on Switch! Once we get a bit deeper in, we will have an update on timing for you. Stay tuned!

1629742481009.png

1629742539313.png

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Hello everyone!

Hang in there, our Mobile friends - your time in the spotlight will come again soon enough. As you will see above, we are getting ever-closer to that console release, after which we will be entering the era of "Parity" where we are going to be pushing for a world where all Terrarians are on the same version.

We have also been made aware of some issues impacting some players in regards to Android 11. The team will be looking into this shortly, and we will get any needed fixes out just as soon as possible!

Thanks as always for the honor and trust you give us each month to work on Terraria - it is not a responsibility that we take lightly, and we look forward to bringing more amazing things to you all as we move forward.

Greetings Terrarians!

Here's the latest and greatest happenings on the Community side of things. Thanks as always for being the most engaged and awesome gaming Community ever!

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE STORE HUB

As we have brought on more and more amazing merchandise partners over the last two years, it became apparent to us that we would need some sort of centralized "hub" from which Terrarians could easily see and browse all that is available. We have been working on this behind the scenes, and we are happy to share that our first version of this is now available on Terraria.org!

Click the banner above to head to Terraria.org/store now!​

This will be your one-stop-shop where we will have all of the currently-active Terraria merchandise on display. If you see something that you like, simply click on the item and you will be whisked away to the storefront of whichever partner makes that particular product so that you can check out further details and complete your purchase.

Everything is laid out by category and easily navigated via the index and/or search. Please let us know any feedback that you might have so that we can make this experience the best that it can be!

We will be keeping this up to date and continuously adding to the offerings available here - so this is a page you will want to bookmark and check often!

index.php

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE UPDATES

We still have a handful of partnerships and products that remain under wraps, but that we will be revealing just as soon as the time is right - our plan is to have a LOT more out for the holidays. That said, what better time than the State of the Game to check in on news from our existing partners as well as to shine a light on some other things that are in the works?

SKYLAND ARTS LIMITED EDITION TERRARIA FIGURES - SERIES 1A PREORDERS UNDERWAY!

Terraria KS banner bkgrd 2108X460.jpg

Our partners at Skyland Arts have at long last rolled out preorders for the first wave of Terraria Collectible Figures. Three figures are included in this first set: Dryad, Shadow Armor, and Eye of Cthulhu (with removable iris, to expose its second phase). Skyland does not have its own digital storefront, so they have decided to utilize Kickstarter as their preorder method. The up-front expenses have been paid, the tooling of the steel production molds has already begun, and the factory is ready to produce the figures. This pre-order campaign helps Skyland to judge how many of each figure to produce and ensures that every Terrarian gets the one that they want most!

To check out the purchase options and to place your order, click the link below or the figure images above to head on over to the Kickstarter page!

SKYLAND ARTS TERRARIA FIGURES SERIES 1A PREORDER PAGE

---

ANIMEGAMI FOREST BIOME UPDATE

Prototype Painting is done and the run-up to preorders for this premium high-end collector's piece is about to begin! You will want to keep an eye on the page linked below for the latest and greatest on this limited edition set!

1629743128295.png
Click the image above to check out the latest details on the Forest Biome Resin Statue!

index.php

TERRARIA MEME EVENT

Join us for the Terraria Meme Event! This awesome event is in collaboration with our Discord alliance and many communities are participating. Our goal is to have some fun and start working together with other big communities on fun collaboration events. We are always open to suggestions for future Alliance events!

The event is currently live in the official Terraria Discord server at Join the Terraria Discord Server! in the #alliance-event channel.

Rules:

• Only submit game memes. Try to incorporate the theme of our community.
• You must submit an image/GIF.
• It must be your own original work.
• No NSFW submissions.
• You only need to submit your entry in our server.
• Only one entry per person.
• Submissions period ends August 27th at 12PM PDT.

After we receive all submissions we will then add them to a Google form and open voting to all participating Alliance servers. Voting will also last for a week and end September 3rd at 12PM PDT.

The top 10 voted entries will get to pick a prize from our Alliance prize pool. This prize pool is comprised of a year of Discord Nitro and many games available via Steam or Epic. In addition to the top 10 global winners our server is going to give prizes to the top 5 entries from our server.

-----
TCT HELPING COMMUNITIES

TCT Transparent.png
We are excited to announce that we are expanding the TCT to help many Discord communities and it will be referred to as "The Community Team" going forward. The TCT will still function in the same capacity within the Terraria community, but now all partnered and verified servers will be allowed to apply to join the TCT as an Affiliated community.

Affiliated communities are required to promote the TCT to their servers as their community management recruitment and training platform. Our goal is to provide a platform where anyone can learn how to help communities and what opportunities are available.

TCT will launch with the following Teams:

1) Art Team: Create art, emotes, memes, stickers, and gifs for communities that can be used for sharing, banners, social media, and events.

2) Development Team: Create and manage Discord bots and other development projects.

3) Event Team: Create and manage community events, create custom builds for sandbox games that can be used for parkour, pvp, and other community functions, suggest community events, and receive notification whenever there is an Affiliated community event.

4) Localization Team: Translate community content into multiple languages and help manage non-English social communities.

5) Moderator Team: Discuss community moderation, share moderation strategies, assist Affiliated communities with their server moderation.

6) Partnership Team: Recruit new Affiliated communities to join the TCT and evaluate communities looking to join the TCT.

7) Quality Assurance Team: Receive notification whenever their is a new game Beta application, report game bugs, and make game suggestions to community officials.

8) Stream & Video Team: Make video content for communities or stream for communities.

9) Trivia Team: Help make and review general Trivia questions that are used by communities in activities.

10) Writing Team: Create editorials for servers to share with their communities and the media.

Registration is now open for partnered and verified servers to join the TCT as an Affiliated community! You must be at least a moderator or admin for a server to apply to have the server join the TCT as an Affiliated community. To apply to become an Affiliated community please message @TCT Mod Mail and include the perma server link, your role in the server, and a brief explanation why you would like the server to join the TCT as an Affiliated community. There will be an interview process for partnered and verified servers to become an Affiliated community.

We look forward to helping many communities become as great as possible.

index.php

Until next time, Terrarians - we hope you have an amazing month, and we look forward to bringing you the latest and greatest next time!

Last edited:
I'm liking the Stories from Testville.

Does this mean that the freezing that occurs on PS4 when a large amount of particles are present onscreen (such as during events when using certain weapons) has been fixed?

And the other splitscreen issues - namely sentry and grapple limits, and fishing quests being shared between players rather than per player - have also been resolved?

Please tell me that is so, as they can be game killers at times.

Almost there, console players! We're close to the end!
Also, that Destroyer/Pumpkin Moon combo looks like a nightmare to survive without endgame armor. So many lasers...

Almost there, console players! We're close to the end!
Also, that Destroyer/Pumpkin Moon combo looks like a nightmare to survive without endgame armor. So many lasers...

Oh I had it in godmode - was just seeing how hard I could break things performance-wise by slapping it in Master 10x spawn on max PM and then a Destroyer with a TON of probes out firing. Oh, and with a crap ton of traps going and a shader cycling off and on via wiring. Definitely some performance hits there when you have THAT much going on (PM and Destroyer are notorious performance hogs that I like to use as edge case tests.. its enough to cause even PCs to chug a bit) - but still playable for sure. Of course, in the course of normal play, you would be very dead before any of that happened.

These are the things I try to do when I finish my main playthroughs - "can I throw so much at the game at once that it crashes" basically.

Anywho... lol

good luck to the console players when experiencing 1.4

(although i seriously wish i had the new gen console terraria instead of ps3 so i could had played 1.3 again without
tmodloader)

Finally... Some actual good news. I feel like I'm one of the harshest critics. So when I'm impressed with the news... ya nailed it. I never thought that I'd be reading "submitted" when I clicked the August update. I can wait a few more weeks for release.

Good job.

I'm angry because we wait a lot of time to see if the next State of the game will come with good content and I end up seeing nothing at all. PC news was a total garbage. What does 20000 packs and worlds mean??? What have those developer's choices to do with what I wanted to see? Nothing! And the "What else is going on?" is trash, I want to know about if some good event is coming or you are preparing yourselves to Terraria 2 or whatever! That thing you said means nothing! You screwed us! And the bug reports, well, they aren't actual news, they are for people who are lazy enough for not searching were to put it or whatever else.
And what about tModLoader news? Also nothing! They aren't telling us how much they advanced and just telling us the same things again and again! I'm so sad now... I think I can't expect really good and useful news coming from this place. It's just... A reprize, or something like it. And before people start to say "but you have console and mobile news and they are super cool and exiting": I don't care about a platform where I don't play. Congrats for you who plays in one of these and is now experiencing 1.4 version but now we, from PC are receiving NO news at all. That's it.
Roast me.

I'm angry because we wait a lot of time to see if the next State of the game will come with good content and I end up seeing nothing at all. PC news was a total garbage. What does 20000 packs and worlds mean??? What have those developer's choices to do with what I wanted to see? Nothing! And the "What else is going on?" is trash, I want to know about if some good event is coming or you are preparing yourselves to Terraria 2 or whatever! That thing you said means nothing! You screwed us! And the bug reports, well, they aren't actual news, they are for people who are lazy enough for not searching were to put it or whatever else.
And what about tModLoader news? Also nothing! They aren't telling us how much they advanced and just telling us the same things again and again! I'm so sad now... I think I can't expect really good and useful news coming from this place. It's just... A reprize, or something like it. And before people start to say "but you have console and mobile news and they are super cool and exiting": I don't care about a platform where I don't play. Congrats for you who plays in one of these and is now experiencing 1.4 version but now we, from PC are receiving NO news at all. That's it.
Roast me.
Meh. I would roast, but when people seek it specifically, it's kinda boring.

Congrats on the submission!
I was curious on the status of potentially moving the in-game achievements to system-wide achievements for Playstation/Xbox now that they are no longer limited to 100 and potentially making them co-op-able on a single system, similar to how games like MineCraft handle it.
Was there a conclusion to this? Perhaps still investigating for 1.4.1?

Roast me.
you cant just go around shouting about what "you want". theres no PC news because, why would there be?????

also, the fact that you say that theres no good news, but ignore the actual good news thats present (console 1.4 being submitted to Xbox/PS) because you dont play it. hypocritical, much?

Meh. I would roast, but when people seek it specifically, it's kinda boring.
I just said roast me because I know that when I make such type of comment you people are certainly coming to give me some words. But go forward, roast me! Say it!
you cant just go around shouting about what "you want". theres no PC news because, why would there be?????

also, the fact that you say that theres no good news, but ignore the actual good news thats present (console 1.4 being submitted to Xbox/PS) because you dont play it. hypocritical, much?
I don't know what you mean by "why would there be?". There should be news, because there's a title saying "We have news for PC, come to see them! They are exiting!" But then you see such trash.
Also, yes, I'm saying there aren't good news because there aren't. I'm ignoring all other platform's news because I don't care about them. Why should I care?? And no, I'm not being hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom