Terraria State of the Game - August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the submission!
I was curious on the status of potentially moving the in-game achievements to system-wide achievements for Playstation/Xbox now that they are no longer limited to 100 and potentially making them co-op-able on a single system, similar to how games like MineCraft handle it.
Was there a conclusion to this? Perhaps still investigating for 1.4.1?

There are other rules that limit what can be added Achivement-wise. We also have the older achievements where we can only edit those so much - and they create tons of potential conflicts with your idea.

The internal system is here. There will likely be some new "scored"/"official" achievements - I just wish we could have done more... but we were limited due to reasons.

I see, I wouldn't mind with those old achievements staying together with the new ones but I do understand it can get messy and potential complications. Thanks for the response!

I'm saying there aren't good news because there aren't. I'm ignoring all other platform's news because I don't care about them. Why should I care?? And no, I'm not being hypocritical.
Saying there isnt good news, and ignoring the actual MASSIVE news present because you "dont care" is the definition of hypocritical.
I don't know what you mean by "why would there be?". There should be news
What i mean by "why would there be?" is that PC terraria is finished development. I say "why would there be news?" because there is literally no reason for there to be news. because pc terraria is (offically. Tmodloader is an officially-supported fan made add-on) over.
There should be news, because there's a title saying "We have news for PC, come to see them! They are exiting!"
Nothing in the original post says anything about "new, exciting PC news". The big banner denoting "PC NEWS" is only there because it has to be. it has always been there and its removal would be deviation from a clearly present formula.

I just said roast me because I know that when I make such type of comment you people are certainly coming to give me some words. But go forward, roast me! Say it!
I already did, but I guess it was too subtle, huh.

Your post read like an attention seeking, spoilt child - "But what about what I want 😢"

Well tough titty, what a pity. You don't always get what you want.

There's your roast - you're welcome.

Saying there isnt good news, and ignoring the actual MASSIVE news present because you "dont care" is the definition of hypocritical.
I don't know what you mean. What's the problem of me not caring about something I shouldn't care? This is ridiculous. I can't be an hypocrite. And these are NOT massive news. They mean absolutely nothing to me because I don't play in said plaforms. And that's ok. Why should anyone care? Or do you have any personal problem with me only? I don't understand. And:
What i mean by "why would there be?" is that PC terraria is finished development. I say "why would there be news?" because there is literally no reason for there to be news. because pc terraria is (offically. Tmodloader is an officially-supported fan made add-on) over.
Yes, PC has finished. So there should be no PC part of the announcement either if there's no content at all to show (by that I mean good content). Ant the reason for having a content is that now that they said there were news, I lost my time reading the same kind of thing I read in various other States of the game. This is being a waste of time. And you know what I think about wasting time? I hate it. Time is most valuable thing in the universe and I won't lose more, neither with the game states, nor with this conversation. It is said.
Nothing in the original post says anything about "new, exciting PC news". The big banner denoting "PC NEWS" is only there because it has to be. it has always been there and its removal would be deviation from a clearly present formula.
I was thinking that you were going to understand that it wasn't literally that, but you didn't. I meant that if they put PC NEWS in large words, they are telling us that there's something to say, that I spected it to be good. I was wrong. And I think that they should simply remove it if they aren't going to put any good news. And that includes other topics. And stop being traditional and conservative, embrace the changes, the innovation, and not wasting (others, and your) time.
I already did, but I guess it was too subtle, huh.

Your post read like an attention seeking, spoilt child - "But what about what I want 😢"

Well tough titty, what a pity. You don't always get what you want.

There's your roast - you're welcome.
Thank you. You all always say I'm childish. But never try to understand my reasons. That's bad. But I'm strong and go forward, and let people hurt me and I try to continue my life as if nothing happened. And this thing of "you don't always get what you want" is the perfect answer for those who want to feel superior, as if they know the world and the life better than others. Let me clear that out: I never, but never get what I want in my life.

Is it clear for you boys?

Last edited:
I'm angry because we wait a lot of time to see if the next State of the game will come with good content and I end up seeing nothing at all. PC news was a total garbage. What does 20000 packs and worlds mean??? What have those developer's choices to do with what I wanted to see? Nothing!
I wouldn't be that hopeful for PC news since they don't seem to be developing Terraria anymore. The developer's choice may not matter to you, but if you had made a resource pack that had been praised by the developers I doubt you would feel the same way you do now. Not all people take interest and don't take interest in the things you take interest and don't take interest in.
And the "What else is going on?" is trash, I want to know about if some good event is coming or you are preparing yourselves to Terraria 2 or whatever! That thing you said means nothing! You screwed us! And the bug reports, well, they aren't actual news, they are for people who are lazy enough for not searching were to put it or whatever else.
Did you even read the whole thing? They said that you can now preorder the figures and the forest biome Animegami set, and announced a meme event on the Terraria Discord.
And what about tModLoader news? Also nothing! They aren't telling us how much they advanced and just telling us the same things again and again! I'm so sad now... I think I can't expect really good and useful news coming from this place. It's just... A reprize, or something like it. And before people start to say "but you have console and mobile news and they are super cool and exiting": I don't care about a platform where I don't play. Congrats for you who plays in one of these and is now experiencing 1.4 version but now we, from PC are receiving NO news at all. That's it.
Roast me.
Okay, this part is actually mean. You're getting angry at the SotG writers for not having news for PC, and saying that news for other platforms is irrelevant just because you don't play it. This doesn't revolve around you and what you care about, it's partially about giving news to the billions of people that play platforms other than PC.
I don't know what you mean by "why would there be?". There should be news, because there's a title saying "We have news for PC, come to see them! They are exiting!" But then you see such trash.
Also, yes, I'm saying there aren't good news because there aren't. I'm ignoring all other platform's news because I don't care about them. Why should I care?? And no, I'm not being hypocritical.
No, they didn't say that they had exciting news for PC, like at all.

Oh boy, another fight...
PC is DONE. It's finished and the devs are focusing on Console and Mobile right now. But the writers would at least want to include Steam Workshop packs to keep the hype.
TModLoader? Ask them, not SOTG.
And this thing of "you don't always get what you want" is the perfect answer for those who want to feel superior, as if they know the world and the life better than others. Let me clear that out: I never, but never get what I want in my life.

Is it clear for you boys?
Yes. It's clear. Do you know why?
It's because you keep complaining.
I don't complain. I spit out what's in my head.
And when they don't listen, fight for it.
also, the fact that you say that theres no good news, but ignore the actual good news thats present (console 1.4 being submitted to Xbox/PS) because you dont play it. hypocritical, much?
Correct. When other people get exciting news, you congratulate them. Not complain about the ONE section in the whole post.

Judging by the fact that, always without fail every, single, state of the game, you emerge, looking for something that you can complain about, I'm not entirely sure that you even want to get what you want.
Since when is this phrase true? You might be mistaken, sir. I complain with a good reason. And that's what I was trying to explain.

I wouldn't be that hopeful for PC news since they don't seem to be developing Terraria anymore. The developer's choice may not matter to you, but if you had made a resource pack that had been praised by the developers I doubt you would feel the same way you do now. Not all people take interest and don't take interest in the things you take interest and don't take interest in.
Yeah, that's true. And I'm not going to be hopeful from now on. Since they aren't going to put anything at all.
Did you even read the whole thing? They said that you can now preorder the figures and the forest biome Animegami set, and announced a meme event on the Terraria Discord.
Hm, interesting, and can you buy one of these, considering your salary, your economic class, and distance from the place of sale of the product? NO. You can't. The majority of people don't have money for that. It's too expensive. And even if I like it I can't mind on buying it so I just *ignore* it. (to avoid suffering more)
And the meme event... They just gave us few hours to do it and I don't know how to make a meme. And I'm really busy right now to give it the needed attention.
Okay, this part is actually mean. You're getting angry at the SotG writers for not having news for PC, and saying that news for other platforms is irrelevant just because you don't play it. This doesn't revolve around you and what you care about, it's partially about giving news to the billions of people that play platforms other than PC.
Yeah... They should have warned in advance that there were no news to PC players.. So I got angry. You got any problem with this??
No, they didn't say that they had exciting news for PC, like at all.
Please read my response for Doodles, I don't want to explain it several times to all the people.
Oh boy, another fight...
PC is DONE. It's finished and the devs are focusing on Console and Mobile right now. But the writers would at least want to include Steam Workshop packs to keep the hype.
TModLoader? Ask them, not SOTG.
Hm interesting, now I have one more to answer why I am angry, and meanwhile I don't get any answer from who made the thread. I just want to know why. They never answer me and I always get fighting with some member here and that's bad. I don't like to fight. But I feel the obligation to put my comments and my thoughts about these things that I feel that aren't right. And I have total assurance that someone thinks exactly like me, and not just me. I'm not alone guys.

Yes. It's clear. Do you know why?
It's because you keep complaining.
I don't complain. I spit out what's in my head.
And when they don't listen, fight for it.
Oh yes? You 'spit'? hm... and you fight... How am I suposed to fight with them?? Hein??
Correct. When other people get exciting news, you congratulate them. Not complain about the ONE section in the whole post.
I don't need to congratulate people for something that's all ours. I just don't play it, but I can get it on my hand in a blink. And I complain, and will complain more if they get worse in the future.
Be already waiting for me in the next SotG.

Just one note. Why do I need to fight with the entire forums every time I make a complain? I'm being honest, I'm being myself. And this is my way to express my opinion. The only thing I want is the person who made this thread to answer me. Not you all. Just him. If you stop making this I will be happier, and everybody is going to be much, much happier. Think about that before answering my comments.

Since when is this phrase true? You might be mistaken, sir. I complain with a good reason. And that's what I was trying to explain.

Yeah, that's true. And I'm not going to be hopeful from now on. Since they aren't going to put anything at all.

Hm, interesting, and can you buy one of these, considering your salary, your economic class, and distance from the place of sale of the product? NO. You can't. The majority of people don't have money for that. It's too expensive. And even if I like it I can't mind on buying it so I just *ignore* it. (to avoid suffering more)
And the meme event... They just gave us few hours to do it and I don't know how to make a meme. And I'm really busy right now to give it the needed attention.

Yeah... They should have warned in advance that there were no news to PC players.. So I got angry. You got any problem with this??

Please read my response for Doodles, I don't want to explain it several times to all the people.

Hm interesting, now I have one more to answer why I am angry, and meanwhile I don't get any answer from who made the thread. I just want to know why. They never answer me and I always get fighting with some member here and that's bad. I don't like to fight. But I feel the obligation to put my comments and my thoughts about these things that I feel that aren't right. And I have total assurance that someone thinks exactly like me, and not just me. I'm not alone guys.

Oh yes? You 'spit'? hm... and you fight... How am I suposed to fight with them?? Hein??

I don't need to congratulate people for something that's all ours. I just don't play it, but I can get it on my hand in a blink. And I complain, and will complain more if they get worse in the future.
Be already waiting for me in the next SotG.

Just one note. Why do I need to fight with the entire forums every time I make a complain? I'm being honest, I'm being myself. And this is my way to express my opinion. The only thing I want is the person who made this thread to answer me. Not you all. Just him. If you stop making this I will be happier, and everybody is going to be much, much happier. Think about that before answering my comments.
I am ABSOLUTELY tired of this. I need to make it clear that complaints arent a bad thing, and they can change something for the better when used correctly. The problem is that your complaints are shallow, nonsensical and have very little reason to exist. Like for example, your annoyance for the supposed lack of news, despite there actually being substantial news, and then ignoring said news because it doesnt affect you. Imagine it this way:

"Console 1.4 has been submitted to XBox/PS and will most likely be playable in the next few weeks!"
"I dont play 1.4 so ill ignore it.

"Terraria figurines and forest biome diorama are up for preorders!"
"i dont want these/cant afford them so I'll ignore this news."

"Community Meme event on the Terraria Discord is happening!"
"I cant/dont want to participate so I'll ignore this news."

"Why is there no news?"

Not to mention that youre expecting PC news. PC news. Why? As me and many others have already stated, PC is done. Development ceased. No more content. Its extremely unrealistic to expect anything other than Workshop Stats from even one SOTG. Honestly? Im actually interested in what PC news youre expecting to see here.

This is just one of the many completely nonsense points you present here. I just dont want to see all this completely unneccesary negativity in a thread that really doesnt deserve it. Dreadnautilus says it best here:

I am ABSOLUTELY tired of this.
I'm also tired, brother.
I need to make it clear that complaints arent a bad thing, and they can change something for the better when used correctly. The problem is that your complaints are shallow, nonsensical and have very little reason to exist. Like for example, your annoyance for the supposed lack of news, despite there actually being substantial news, and then ignoring said news because it doesnt affect you.
I tried to make my complaint good. But it being bad is just your, and many other's point of view, but I'm certain that other people may think the same thing. Because that's it. And you are saying that they're shallow, nonsensical and with little reason to exist because as I don't care about these news you don't care about what I'm complaining about, because after all, who wants to read complains?
Imagine it this way:

"Console 1.4 has been submitted to XBox/PS and will most likely be playable in the next few weeks!"
"I dont play 1.4 so ill ignore it.

"Terraria figurines and forest biome diorama are up for preorders!"
"i dont want these/cant afford them so I'll ignore this news."

"Community Meme event on the Terraria Discord is happening!"
"I cant/dont want to participate so I'll ignore this news."

"Why is there no news?"
Yeah! They describe me perfectly! You finally understood what I'm meaning. :D
Not to mention that youre expecting PC news.
I was. Not more.
PC news. Why? As me and many others have already stated, PC is done. Development ceased. No more content. Its extremely unrealistic to expect anything other than Workshop Stats from even one SOTG. Honestly? Im actually interested in what PC news youre expecting to see here.
Yeah. I'm tired to say that I expected something but since now on I'm not going to expect nothing. The problem is, that I'm complaining not only for this thread only: but for several others that didn't entered the group of threads that satisfied me. And I'm going to be honest: my expectation was that they were going to say that they are getting prepared to a new journey, saying that Terraria 2 will exist one day.
his is just one of the many completely nonsense points you present here. I just dont want to see all this completely unneccesary negativity in a thread that really doesnt deserve it. Dreadnautilus says it best here:
If they were nonsenses. Yes it deserves. You know it. Everybody knows.
f I were you, I would make a FRIENDLY COMPLAIN, and get the hell over to Re-Logic and beat the crap out of them.
What do you mean with "beat the crap out of them?" And no. There will be no friendly complain. That's what I intended to say.

To Loki: Answer my comment already!! Please! I want to understand that!

I use force to get what I want, and not petty complaints.
I don't have any force, plus, it's immoral to hurt people, and they live too far away for me to punch them if I wanted to do it.
Ping Loki if you want to talk.
I just want him to notice me without pinging him. Because if he doesn't notice it shows how he doesn't care about any common member of the community like me.
Ive decided to leave this argument, as i dont seem to be getting anywhere here. you guys can continue, but like its not like i want you to argue
Ok, and I'm not saying I won this discussion because it doens't end when you stop talking. I will only win when I get a response from Loki.
'll leave as well because of how idiotic this :red:ing discussion has become. Talk about the upcoming updates and event and not "no PC news" squabbles.
Hm, ok. Same to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom