Terraria State of the Game - August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the part where you promised content parity across all platforms, even though there's still exclusive content on the 3DS that hasn't been officially ported to PC. I'm sure this message will get ignored like it always does when I raise this issue, but oh well.
sorry but old gen consoles like 3ds likely won't receive any more updates, also they were pretty clear that they would try to bring parity but there were no promises

Understandable that the development process for all forms of Terraria takes a timely process to complete it's prime update. But in all honesty we the Nintendo Switch community have waited a decent amount for at least a quick patch before the big update because of the issue with the dyes making us naked, going to the end of the map crashes the game. Everything worked before the 1.0.7 update. Now granted everything would be fixed and more would be added during the big Journey's End release but still it has killed the joy of Terraria on switch. Though we are highly anticipating the arrival of Journey's End a huge amount of us switch users would still like a quick patch if it is possible but because of how deep development has gone it probably is too late or difficult to go back to the current version and give it a quick fix to keep us satisfied with our wait. None the less LET'S GET THIS JOURNEY TO END SO WE CAN MAKE NEW JOURNEY'S LOL can't wait to see what I've been missing out on since I haven't played on PC in years.

I really liked the part where you promised content parity across all platforms, even though there's still exclusive content on the 3DS that hasn't been officially ported to PC. I'm sure this message will get ignored like it always does when I raise this issue, but oh well.
This is sad. I liked those special things when I played it in Mobile. So much content lost. And without any good reason. That's why we have mods: Consolaria

Yeah, thats understandable Re Logic not re adding the removed PC, Mobile, Old Gen/Legacy Console, and 3DS stuff I never got to fight Ocram sadly though I could always get an old copy of Terraria for the older consoles though obiovusly theyre not being updated anymore, but admittedly a lot fot he exclusive stuff bosses, items, armor, weapons and that seem pretty gnarly. Not looking for an argument or a fight mind, I actually used to play the old legacy Terraria quite a bit before they were discontinued, and I got memories of them good and bad mainly bad cause I was such a noob back then, also whoa, $899 for that forest biome figurine thats like £653 over here in the UK, my parents would scream at me if I brought that.

losing the console and mobile exclusive stuff kinda sucks, but I'd much rather have crossplay then those
Fair do, man, i mean we could always go back and play the old legacy versions at the cost of being behind in updates, but I'm honestly fine with it, but I am also excited for the crossplay and parity feaures between the PC, Consoles, Mobile, and Switch

The old gen versions are no longer being updated because of hardware limitations. They get to keep the old exclusives as a silver lining.

Quoting ourselves from back then:

Most of the current "exclusive" content in Console will be greatly changed or phased out altogether. (Details Below)

Why?

• When this content was added to the game, things were very different. PC development had ceased for a time, and this was all "endgame" content for everyone to interact with and continue their adventure.
  • Since that time, things have obviously greatly changed for Terraria and the game's development. Quite simply, the game has outgrown the content itself and even the need for there to be exclusives for console.
  • The content itself is obsolete and has never fit with the vision for Terraria. What was endgame gear is now a mix of vanity and mid-game gear that is more of a stopgap/alternate to Chlorophyte that is simply not needed in the game anymore.
  • These tweaks make possible that the remaining content may see its way onto PC, finally yielding a true "One Terraria" experience once the "catch up" effort is completed.

If anything, the promise of possible crossplay (again, no promises!) makes this even more underscored.

Though we are highly anticipating the arrival of Journey's End a huge amount of us switch users would still like a quick patch if it is possible but because of how deep development has gone it probably is too late or difficult to go back to the current version

This is correct. The coming code is entirely different and thus, by definition, already has all those old bugs fixed (though I'm sure it will have all new ones... that's the nature of software lol). Trying to pull the team off to run to the old codebase to fix that up and then run back over to the new one would not really be worth it (nor practical in any way) with us being this close to 1.4.

The old gen versions are no longer being updated because of hardware limitations. They get to keep the old exclusives as a silver lining.

Quoting ourselves from back then:

Most of the current "exclusive" content in Console will be greatly changed or phased out altogether. (Details Below)

If anything, the promise of possible crossplay (again, no promises!) makes this even more underscored.

This is correct. The coming code is entirely different and thus, by definition, already has all those old bugs fixed (though I'm sure it will have all new ones... that's the nature of software lol). Trying to pull the team off to run to the old codebase to fix that up and then run back over to the new one would not really be worth it (nor practical in any way) with us being this close to 1.4.
Fair enough, Loki, I wasn't asking or expecting you to update the old codebase, but thats a silver lining for the old legacy console versions.

So what's everyone's plan when it comes to console you gonna create Zenith on all other worlds and kill ya bosses or start a fresh world with a new character and challenge master mode at it's most volatile?

So what's everyone's plan when it comes to console you gonna create Zenith on all other worlds and kill ya bosses or start a fresh world with a new character and challenge master mode at it's most volatile?
Completing Journey Mode, getting everything, beating all the bosses, and building a All Items World, cause Journey Mode makes things so much easier for me, and I'm too much of a wuss to play Master Mode.

turn this amazing update over to all of you
Then I suppose it's time for one last knees-up in Ye Olde Gen Tavern, before it's shut down forever. Maybe someone can make a texture pack of the console banners, trophies and armour sets?
Terraria_20210827181719.jpg

Terraria_20210827181956.jpg

I don't care about a platform where I don't play.
That's what it's been like for console player for the past year. Not everything is about you.

Then I suppose it's time for one last knees-up in Ye Olde Gen Tavern, before it's shut down forever. Maybe someone can make a texture pack of the console banners, trophies and armour sets?
View attachment 339385
View attachment 339386

That's what it's been like for console player for the past year. Not everything is about you.
Never occurred to me that the old gen vanities will most likely be leaving. A sad day for long time players ;(

Never occurred to me that the old gen vanities will most likely be leaving. A sad day for long time players );
Yup. Why they couldn't be ported into PC is beyond me. The Travelling Merchant could have sold them, or the Clothier during certain moon phases. If PC players didn't want them, they just wouldn't buy them. Simple. @Loki is that worth suggesting to the higher-ups? Or is it 100% gone?

Understandable that the development process for all forms of Terraria takes a timely process to complete it's prime update. But in all honesty we the Nintendo Switch community have waited a decent amount for at least a quick patch before the big update because of the issue with the dyes making us naked, going to the end of the map crashes the game. Everything worked before the 1.0.7 update. Now granted everything would be fixed and more would be added during the big Journey's End release but still it has killed the joy of Terraria on switch. Though we are highly anticipating the arrival of Journey's End a huge amount of us switch users would still like a quick patch if it is possible but because of how deep development has gone it probably is too late or difficult to go back to the current version and give it a quick fix to keep us satisfied with our wait. None the less LET'S GET THIS JOURNEY TO END SO WE CAN MAKE NEW JOURNEY'S LOL can't wait to see what I've been missing out on since I haven't played on PC in years.
What's really strange about that, is that I'm almost positive that Pipeworks said they were going to release one more patch to leave us with, and it sort of just never came. I don't think that's the fault of Re Logic or DR, but really, what happened there? Maybe I just misremembered.

What's really strange about that, is that I'm almost positive that Pipeworks said they were going to release one more patch to leave us with, and it sort of just never came. I don't think that's the fault of Re Logic or DR, but really, what happened there? Maybe I just misremembered.
It did…. It helped with the controls of controller cursor better and such it was small Quality of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom