Terraria State of the Game - August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad thing is I never managed to get far enough to fight Ocram, or even Turkor or Lepus sadly and some of the exclusive holiday stuff is neat although the Wisenbrau andf the Horn O Plenty seem kinda OP but maybe thats just me, dont mind my rambling.

Also random thought what IF once you complete everything you would be able to recruit the bosses themselves AND the developers now that would be awesome one last hurrah.

So what's everyone's plan when it comes to console you gonna create Zenith on all other worlds and kill ya bosses or start a fresh world with a new character and challenge master mode at it's most volatile?
My friends and I are gonna probably just end up doing a fresh world first, and work our way up from there. We’re going into this update as fresh as we possibly could since I’m the only one who’s been keeping up with the update news, and even then I don’t know a whole lot on Journey’s End. We’re just gonna wing it first time around.

Yup. Why they couldn't be ported into PC is beyond me. The Travelling Merchant could have sold them, or the Clothier during certain moon phases. If PC players didn't want them, they just wouldn't buy them. Simple. @Loki is that worth suggesting to the higher-ups? Or is it 100% gone?

All options, including this, were considered back when the decisions were made. As @Cenx shared way back when these were first starting to be removed or changed, they were never a good fit with the core vision of the game - as such, they were never going to be ported to PC. That has not changed over time, and with the possibility of crossplay looming, the last gates of this overall decision had to be revisited. Again, that is not to say that there is a 100% chance that crossplay occurs... but without parity of content and of save files, its a non-starter before we even try. For sure, we understand how this is disappointing to some.

Still no Nintendo Switch Release?

We have been consistent that Switch would come a bit after PS/XB Journey's End. That is still the plan and expectation.

they were never a good fit with the core vision of the game
That's why I suggested having them in the Clothier's inventory; if people don't like them, don't buy them.
that is not to say that there is a 100% chance that crossplay occurs
Maybe if it doesn't, they could then come back to console, as a sort of consolation prize?

Are xbox and playstation releases expected to be released simultaneously? Or if one gets held up would the other release early?

Are xbox and playstation releases expected to be released simultaneously? Or if one gets held up would the other release early?

Barring something crazy, our intention is to release them as close together as possible, same day would be ideal.

Maybe if it doesn't, they could then come back to console, as a sort of consolation prize?

Can't make any promises there. I'm gonna focus on winning the crossplay game first and then I'll worry about that sort of stuff if it doesn't pan out. Remember, it also would impact cross-portability if we have any content differences... and again, there is a nearly-zero chance you will ever see those on PC, so that's gonna be an issue.

Anywho, that's the what and why.

Barring something crazy, our intention is to release them as close together as possible, same day would be ideal.

Can't make any promises there. I'm gonna focus on winning the crossplay game first and then I'll worry about that sort of stuff if it doesn't pan out. Remember, it also would impact cross-portability if we have any content differences... and again, there is a nearly-zero chance you will ever see those on PC, so that's gonna be an issue.

Anywho, that's the what and why.
Fair enough. On a slightly different note, how are resource packs going to work on console? Will each one have to be submitted to Sony/MS individually?

Fair enough. On a slightly different note, how are resource packs going to work on console? Will each one have to be submitted to Sony/MS individually?
Probably not going to have them because Sony and Microsoft don't have a steam workshop equivalent and console games aren't the most open to community creations. Maybe something similar to the shop thing on minecraft bedrock may work
i can see needing a Re-Logic account for crossplay and crossplatform saving and stuff like that so why not do something like the marketplace in bedrock? it probably is kind of hard to code and put it in a database but that seems like it might be the best option. (not asking to do this just brainstorming ideas, i really hope there is a better idea out there)

Last edited:

That is a whole different door. It is a "more likely" thing as compared to full modding via tModLoader - but still needs a lot of technical, logistic, and political work to have happen. I have not begun those conversations yet. Keep in mind that all texture packs, etc are client-side. As such, they would not have any impact on crossplay if, say, you were playing with a PC player that has a texture pack that you do not.

I'm going to just have to table your good question for now because I simply cannot answer it outside of wild speculative guesses at this point in time.

Wait, maybe I missed something in the conversaton - so the Ocram mask is going to be edited out, even as a legacy item? If we managed to hang onto it, we are still going to lose it?

client-side
I hadn't thought of that. The main reason I asked was if someone could make a texture pack of the console stuff by "covering up" other things, like the clown set/tree set etc. Or, as some sweet revenge, the Dev sets of those who made the decision to axe them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom