10th Anniversary Terraria is Turning 10 Years Old - Celebrate with Us!

I thought they would make the first Terraria release available for download since it's now 10 years

I'm not sure how they can make it available, however.
Oh, ok. But it seems very difficult to let people access previous versions than you think. And the Devs didn't say anything about doing that.

>>Terrarian<< said:
But it seems very difficult to let people access previous versions than you think.
It will be "difficult" to find a way to release the item (so that everyone that currently own terraria is able to purchase this "special edition" for free).
They can, however, simply bundle it with the current game (in the form of a small "update"), so all users can "update" and they will have the two "copies" of the game.
The user can then decide which game to launch. The save location however might need some adjustment.
___
It will, however, be quite a problem if Relogic had not done the version control (and archive previous versions properly) that 1.0 was lost among the many updates.
If they had, publishing it is actually quite easy.
>>Terrarian<< said:
And the Devs didn't say anything about doing that.
They didn't, which is sad. It's otherwise a very awesome (and nostalgic) idea.

Last edited:
Maybe when it turns 15 they'll let us poke around at it's source code, and see what makes it tick. *cheeky grin*

This is a little late for the 10 year celebration, but for those who might want to listen to something funny, here is a funny Terraria song I made a few years back. Hope you get a laugh out of it. It's called Crimson or Corruption.

You can listen to it here.

Last edited:
It's probably a bit late for me to post this but...,
When I first started playing terraria, I clearly remember showing my grandad the game and telling him how to play. It was always annoying to have to keep reminding him that there are very specific ways to do things, but the happiness that I felt to see him beat boss after boss was enough to pay it off. I just have tons of nostalgia thinking about this being one of the only games I used to play, and I am so thankful of the Dev team for keeping up the work on it. It has been a railroad ride, and I hope it keeps on getting better in the future.
Thanks Re-Logic. :)

Back
Top Bottom