Terraria: Journey's End for PlayStation and XBOX - Submitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With previous updates that have released on console. I think it’s safe to say that the release of 1.4 will be out between now, and within the next month.

The last major update for console, was developed by a different studio as well, (Pipeworks studio). They are a much smaller team that DR Studios, and we are fortunate enough to even be able to have the update in the stage it’s at right now.

When Pipeworks Studio submitted the last major update for console to Sony and Microsoft there were a few mishaps and bugs that needed fixed during the green light process. Which in result caused the update to be delayed for much longer.

I would say that we are very close to having the update in our hands and I believe that DR Studios has done a much better job at getting this update complete that Pipeworks previously had. :merchantgrin: <3

With previous updates that have released on console. I think it’s safe to say that the release of 1.4 will be out between now, and within the next month.

The last major update for console, was developed by a different studio as well, (Pipeworks studio). They are a much smaller team that DR Studios, and we are fortunate enough to even be able to have the update in the stage it’s at right now.

When Pipeworks Studio submitted the last major update for console to Sony and Microsoft there were a few mishaps and bugs that needed fixed during the green light process. Which in result caused the update to be delayed for much longer.

I would say that we are very close to having the update in our hands and I believe that DR Studios has done a much better job at getting this update complete that Pipeworks previously had. :merchantgrin: <3
I am hoping we'll get it before the month is out, though I when I heard that the green light submission process might take a while since they may need to go back and fix/update certain things I was a bit sad and shocked as I forgot that might have to happen which could delay things, but honestly Im keeping myself in check as these things take tim,e and honestly i think dr studios and pipeworks did good with the updates, same with engine sofftware and codeglue.

I am hoping we'll get it before the month is out, though I when I heard that the green light submission process might take a while since they may need to go back and fix/update certain things I was a bit sad and shocked as I forgot that might have to happen which could delay things, but honestly Im keeping myself in check as these things take tim,e and honestly i think dr studios and pipeworks did good with the updates, same with engine sofftware and codeglue.
Likely late October at this rate if there's a second one. This took nearly 3 weeks and even if they finally finished review tomorrow it'll take the time to fix issues plus another near 3 week review. Kinda sucks but it is what it is. At least it'll likely be this year lol

Likely late October at this rate if there's a second one. This took nearly 3 weeks and even if they finally finished review tomorrow it'll take the time to fix issues plus another near 3 week review. Kinda sucks but it is what it is. At least it'll likely be this year lol
I concur, it does kinda suck that's its been delayed, but I'd rather they take their time and fix any issues, bugs, and glitches that have cropped up and have been spotted in the verification process, yes, it means we will have to wait a while longer, at least the final product should be hopefully a lot more polished than it already is.

Not necessarily.

If the changes required are small, such as UI issues, then resubmission is likely to be much quicker. Resubmission would check the parts that need changing, rather than a full in depth review, so shouldn't take anywhere near as long.

I gotta ask, at this point would u be surprised if the game didn’t make it to its Q3 release schedule?

Of course, anything can happen - but I would be very surprised

I'm pretty sure it will still be there and should still be accessible

1.3-era worlds should transfer over fine to 1.4. We are less sure about 1.2 era worlds that were never played on the 1.3 codebase (because we never got one in to test, amongst other reasons). Either way, the original saves will be kept intact in a separate folder just in case there are issues.

@Loki I know that you already said you don’t have a guess to when you’ll get the submission back and be able to send it out but would you get a heads up before getting the green light or will it be a surprise to you aswell? Aka, will we get a heads up as to when 1.4 is coming out before you upload it

Yes, we will be able to give everyone a heads-up on timing in advance once we know more.

Will the , magic conch and demon conch, zapinator, star board and Cmk2, be in the switch on the upcoming update?

Any content that is present in the 1.4.0.5 version should be here.

That assumes that all review passes take the same amount of time. That may or may not be true.

Of course, anything can happen - but I would be very surprised

1.3-era worlds should transfer over fine to 1.4. We are less sure about 1.2 era worlds that were never played on the 1.3 codebase (because we never got one in to test, amongst other reasons). Either way, the original saves will be kept intact in a separate folder just in case there are issues.

Yes, we will be able to give everyone a heads-up on timing in advance once we know more.

Any content that is present in the 1.4.0.5 version should be here.

That assumes that all review passes take the same amount of time. That may or may not be true.
Might be a dumb question but what's q3? An event?

We should start a reply chain and everyone can put in their guess on when the update will drop. This should make waiting for the update just a little more interesting.

You can just reply a date that you feel the update will be released. Or you can also add in your reasoning behind why you assume that the date you enter is what you are going with.

I’ll start, I think that Journeys End will release for console on October 3rd. The reason that I think this is the date is because, in the past with previous updates it usually always drops on a date where I am busy and am not able to play the update the day of its release. This seems to be a trend for me. :merchantrolleyes:<3

We should start a reply chain and everyone can put in their guess on when the update will drop. This should make waiting for the update just a little more interesting.

You can just reply a date that you feel the update will be released. Or you can also add in your reasoning behind why you assume that the date you enter is what you are going with.

I’ll start, I think that Journeys End will release for console on October 3rd. The reason that I think this is the date is because, in the past with previous updates it usually always drops on a date where I am busy and am not able to play the update the day of its release. This seems to be a trend for me. :merchantrolleyes:<3
I predict within oh, maybe a fortnight to a month, possibly who knows, also you guys want to hear something funny? Video game developers are human beings with personal lives (that was a joke, mods and admins don't worry just a bit of light hearted teasing, I am fully appreciative of their efforts really), plus I would not expect them to work 24/7 on Terrarua.

Almost feel like I've been robbed at this point waiting what seems like forever for an update that even mobile has now, I think console players should be compensated in one way or another for making us wait this long, you gotta remember we also paid for this game

Almost feel like I've been robbed at this point waiting what seems like forever for an update that even mobile has now, I think console players should be compensated in one way or another for making us wait this long, you gotta remember we also paid for this game
You paid for the version you recieved, and any updates since are a bonus. We are not owed anything in any way 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom