tModLoader Buff Charm

Agent Scrappy

Steampunker
Welcome to the Buff Charm mod's official thread!

Hey friend! This page is outdated. You are probably looking for the 1.4 version you can find on the Steam Workshop here: Steam Workshop::Buff Charm

Buff Charm
icon.png

Download Latest Version (1.0)

The Buff Charm mod allows you to craft buff potions into equippable charms that give you buffs for as long as they are equipped!

Craft charms at an anvil with 10 buff potions of the same type, and 6 gold or platinum bars:

basic-charm-crafting.png

These charms are equipped in new slots found below your player's inventory:

BuffCharmScreenshot1.png

Simply equip your charms...

BuffCharmScreenshot2.png

And enjoy the benefits!

Charms can even be combined with each other at an anvil to craft more potent charms!

BuffCharmScreenshot3.png

|
V

BuffCharmScreenshot4.png

Never drink another consumable potion again!

Note: You may notice that the Invisibility Charm is missing. To this day I still can't find it.

Huge shoutout to abluescarab for their custom item slot wrapper!

0.1.0:
- Released to tModloader

0.1.1:
- Uploaded code to GitHub
- Added mod icon

0.1.2:
- The Rage buff now allows minions to crit at a fixed 10% chance
- Added Featherfall Charm, Gravitation Charm, and Charm of the Cosmos
- The Wizard will now sell holy, unholy, and blood water, no matter what evil your world has
- Official thread created

- Fixed bug causing some people's buffs to constantly enable/disable themselves

- Fixed multiplayer bug causing charm slots to hide themselves when the host opens a chest

0.1.2.3:
- Fixed charm slots not being hidden when chests are opened in singleplayer
- Fixed multiplayer bug making buffs from charms last for 5 more minutes when unequipped by everyone but the host

1.0:
- Many changes to charms were made to prevent the player from having to craft multiple of the same charms to craft their combined versions.
- Charm of Chaos, Charm of Fury, and Charm of Tranquility were removed. Anyone with these charms after this update will receive a Charm Ticket that can be crafted into another charm.
- Added Charm of Crimson and Charm of Corruption!
- Buffs can now be disabled by right clicking the buff icon! This will give you a "Disabled Buffs" buff that essentially keeps track of what buffs you have disabled. Disable this buff to re-enable them.
- Added the charm of Terraria! This charm grants your character most vanilla buffs.
- Buff limit increased by 55!
- Bug fixes

Last edited:
I’m not sure if your aware but there’s a glitch, that when I wear the charms the buffs would just spaz in and out for example wearing the charm of life would make my hp bar swap in between my original hp and my buffed hp very rapidly, same for every other charm I’ve tried the buffs would keep spazzing in and out and it’a pretty distracting.

I’m not sure if your aware but there’s a glitch, that when I wear the charms the buffs would just spaz in and out for example wearing the charm of life would make my hp bar swap in between my original hp and my buffed hp very rapidly, same for every other charm I’ve tried the buffs would keep spazzing in and out and it’a pretty distracting.
I haven't run into this issue myself but I will look into this. Thanks for reporting!

Should be fixed now

Hey Choles, I've got a weird issue with the mod. I have a good few mods installed, but no matter what else I have on with yours, I get stuck with the "Receiving Tile Data: Complete!". It looks like there are other reports for that being caused by too much stuff near a characters spawn, but it stops being a problem when I disable Buff Charms. Any ideas? Really looking forward to trying it out!

Edit: This is on a multiplayer server with me as host, forgot to mention!

Last edited:
Hey Choles, I've got a weird issue with the mod. I have a good few mods installed, but no matter what else I have on with yours, I get stuck with the "Receiving Tile Data: Complete!". It looks like there are other reports for that being caused by too much stuff near a characters spawn, but it stops being a problem when I disable Buff Charms. Any ideas? Really looking forward to trying it out!
Hello! What other mods do you have enabled when you run into this issue so I can test it out?

The big ones are Spirit and Mod of Redemption (+ Music), but I also have HP Awareness, OmniSwing, Boss Checklist, GemToGem, imkSuchi's Mod (+imkSushi Mod Add-On), Magic Storage, Recipe Browser, Pings, Witch Doctor Sells Chlorophyte, Shorter Respawn Time, FullHPWhenRespawn, Wing Slot, Prefixes for Enemies, and Wireless.

I was actually able to fix it by recreating the character! I just used cheat sheet to get my health and mana back, and used a new world to transfer my items over. It's weird that it only acted up with Buff Charms on, but it could be a problem with the character interacting with the mod.

The big ones are Spirit and Mod of Redemption (+ Music), but I also have HP Awareness, OmniSwing, Boss Checklist, GemToGem, imkSuchi's Mod (+imkSushi Mod Add-On), Magic Storage, Recipe Browser, Pings, Witch Doctor Sells Chlorophyte, Shorter Respawn Time, FullHPWhenRespawn, Wing Slot, Prefixes for Enemies, and Wireless.

I was actually able to fix it by recreating the character! I just used cheat sheet to get my health and mana back, and used a new world to transfer my items over. It's weird that it only acted up with Buff Charms on, but it could be a problem with the character interacting with the mod.
Interesting. Not sure what would be causing the problem but I can look into this. Glad you got it working!

Is it possible to add a config menu that allows you to change the position of buff charm slots, because HUD from other mod (Kalciphoz's RPG Mod) is in front of it, and it hides these slots

Back
Top Bottom