Will the data in my steam games including terraria get deleted if I do a factory reset on my computer?

nofile

Terrarian
So I wanted to know if I were to factory reset my computer, would my terraria character get deleted? I moved my character to the cloud in the game, and I use steam to run terraria. I'm not sure if Steam saves it so I just wanted to make sure by asking. I also wanted to know, does the progress and data on my other steam games get deleted if I do a factory reset?

I believe it should stay in the cloud even if you do a factory reset. (Since cloud save means it's not on your actual computer.)
But you might have to manually retrieve it from there, if I remember correctly about what I've seen others be told.

If your progress is saved to the steam cloud, then yes you should be OK to factory reset. Personally I would also do a manual backup to be safe as I don't really trust Steam's system; I've seen it go wrong before. As for other games, I'm sure some also use the steam cloud, and some don't. You will need to check each one manually I'm afraid. The safest option is probably to backup all the game saves that you care about (which is good practice anyway for other reasons such as drive failure, theft, etc).

If your progress is saved to the steam cloud, then yes you should be OK to factory reset. Personally I would also do a manual backup to be safe as I don't really trust Steam's system; I've seen it go wrong before. As for other games, I'm sure some also use the steam cloud, and some don't. You will need to check each one manually I'm afraid. The safest option is probably to backup all the game saves that you care about (which is good practice anyway for other reasons such as drive failure, theft, etc).
How would I do a manual backup? And thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom