Terraria: Journey's End is Coming to PlayStation and Xbox on September 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean i was a stupid person back then lol... so i don't think i noticed them because of this, and because i wasn't to far in the game i guess, don't know, it was in the middle of my world, and i had gotten into hardmore or to skely boi dunno lol
To be fair, a lot of the game breaking bugs were mostly in the late game aside from the game save and the stoned glitches, since a lot of them were related to the Stardust Dragon and pillars, there was probably more that I can’t think of but they’re the most prominent ones I can think of since they’d make the game borderline impossible to play since, well, they were game breaking

I rememebr the world edge crash bug back from 1.3 to 1.3.5 on PS4 used annoy the EFF outta me, I hope that gets fixed not sure if i witnesssed the other bugs mentioned but i think I rememebr a few times where the game either glitched or crashed.

On Xbox Skyrim, Fallout 4, Quake, Surviving Mars, and a few of the Farming Simulator games have mods, and I'm pretty sure there's a few more games that support it, too, with various games in the Halo MCC either supporting mods or will be supporting them in the future.

I believe they've said bringing tmodloader to console is something they'd be interested in doing but it's not something they are working on in any capacity.
With the whole modding thing, I'm pretty sure Microsoft would allow it, but Sony would be the main problem due to their policy or something.

you guys DO know those mods are available on the playstation versions of those games, as well?

they're not xbox exclusive.

besides that, quake also has crossplay, i'm pretty sure...

you guys DO know those mods are available on the playstation versions of those games, as well?

they're not xbox exclusive.

besides that, quake also has crossplay, i'm pretty sure...
The PlayStation modding capabilities are severly restricted.

No new assests (graphics, models, music, fx, etc.) can be added to a mod. They can only recycle and alter that which already exists in the game.

If modding were allowed in the PS version of Terraria, mods such as Calamity, still would not.

I've owned terraria on pc for the longest time but refuse to play it until my mates and I play it on xbox to experience it first hand together as some of them can't afford a pc, but the overall experience of "What the hell is that?", "What the hell is this?", "What just killed me?", "What does this do?"(Blows up) and all the other amazing things to surprise us as we enter master mode blind with new characters. Afterwards with which I will be enjoying terraria modded on pc finally and I can't wait.

I've owned terraria on pc for the longest time but refuse to play it until my mates and I play it on xbox to experience it first hand together as some of them can't afford a pc, but the overall experience of "What the hell is that?", "What the hell is this?", "What just killed me?", "What does this do?"(Blows up) and all the other amazing things to surprise us as we enter master mode blind with new characters. Afterwards with which I will be enjoying terraria modded on pc finally and I can't wait.
Nice dude hope you enjoy

Personally, I hope DR Studios was able to patch the problem with Large Worlds and getting to the Ocean without the game crashing.

Won't be a patch, this is a lot of new code so the old bugs won't really be valid anymore... but as with all software, will likely have a few new ones the team will have to squash. :)

Also any news on switch? Like do you have a date of when you will submit to Nintendo?

Not just yet. I want to make sure the train is a bit further down the track and that the team is 100% confident in hitting the timing goals in the plan first.

probably won't see that until next christmas.

I'll take that bet.

FINALLY! A release date! Let's just hope it doesn't come with a game breaking bug this time. *glares at 1.3*

Oh, there will be something - there's always something. The team will be on point to fix whatever that something is ASAP.

sooo exited! Will there be any mouse or keyboard support when the update comes out?

Yup.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, wondering why it didn't pass cert, I am tired of experiencing Terraria in a bad state, and hope this goes well.

Taking two passes is not abnormal. Most of the time, noone has any idea how many passes or how long they take - but we figured we would share a bit more information than usual. Don't read too much into things. :p

did i miss something with 1.3?

1.2 was... pretty rough. 1.3 had a lot of issues with save file conversions (not to go into gross detail, but it had to do with a myriad of shifting item ID numbers from various versions of the Engine version that were unknown until the issues appeared), and it was launched over Xmas, which was in hindsight not the best timing. Also other things that were laid out above. It is something I would like to avoid repeating. :eek:

I'm really happy for console players. The wait for 1.3 seemed really hard, and it's really nice to see that the wait for 1.4 wasn't a repeat of that (this only took about 17 months rather than 1.3, which was two and a half years. That's barely over half the time for a similarly sized update.)

I'm looking forward to the attempt at cross platform later too. :D

Work on 1.3 console (from actual start of the work to finish... not "when it released on PC") was ~18 months. Assuming 1.4 launches on time (haha, sorry I had to! :p) - it will have taken ~11 months (Mobile 1.4 launched in mid/late October... with fixes into November).

On Xbox Skyrim, Fallout 4, Quake, Surviving Mars, and a few of the Farming Simulator games have mods, and I'm pretty sure there's a few more games that support it, too, with various games in the Halo MCC either supporting mods or will be supporting them in the future.

I believe they've said bringing tmodloader to console is something they'd be interested in doing but it's not something they are working on in any capacity.

Of course, it would be great to see this. However, there are many, many complicated steps needed to get there. The team's focus is rightfully on content parity (after everyone has 1.4) and then crossplay. After that? Who knows.

Just a suggestion to you guys getting your Zenith's ready: Don't bring your character to master mode.
I mean you can if you really want to, but playing master mode with the best gear takes a lot of the fun out of it. It's so fun to start fresh and get your face stomped in on master mode and to overcome it.

Just a suggestion to you guys getting your Zenith's ready: Don't bring your character to master mode.
I mean you can if you really want to, but playing master mode with the best gear takes a lot of the fun out of it. It's so fun to start fresh and get your face stomped in on master mode and to overcome it.
Well I do have 2 thing to say, it is still difficult… if you’re going from classic mode world with powerful character it is difficult to not suck in master mode…. Even if I get used to a difficulty, my mind just switched to how the character works, so I would only suggest going into master mode with powerful gear if you want to collect every item lol

Well I do have 2 thing to say, it is still difficult… if you’re going from classic mode world with powerful character it is difficult to not suck in master mode…. Even if I get used to a difficulty, my mind just switched to how the character works, so I would only suggest going into master mode with powerful gear if you want to collect every item lol
yeah and master mode is just artificial difficulty which is wacc. At least expert mode added some new attack patterns, master mode just made them hit harder and lasts longer.

yeah and master mode is just artificial difficulty which is wacc. At least expert mode added some new attack patterns, master mode just made them hit harder and lasts longer.
… oh I was just meaning like the character is hard to play in harder difficulties because you are used to it being powerful somewhere else but it isn’t in expert mode or master mode lol

You for real? You'll need best gear for master mode

You for real? You'll need best gear for master mode
You can beat master mode without getting equipment from easier difficulties. In fact, that's how it is designed. All master mode bosses are designed to be beaten without gear from difficulties beyond them.
It's going to be harder and fishing up some potions can help you progress, but it's very worth it if you like challenges.

Won't be a patch, this is a lot of new code so the old bugs won't really be valid anymore... but as with all software, will likely have a few new ones the team will have to squash. :)

Not just yet. I want to make sure the train is a bit further down the track and that the team is 100% confident in hitting the timing goals in the plan first.

I'll take that bet.

Oh, there will be something - there's always something. The team will be on point to fix whatever that something is ASAP.

Yup.

Taking two passes is not abnormal. Most of the time, noone has any idea how many passes or how long they take - but we figured we would share a bit more information than usual. Don't read too much into things. :p

1.2 was... pretty rough. 1.3 had a lot of issues with save file conversions (not to go into gross detail, but it had to do with a myriad of shifting item ID numbers from various versions of the Engine version that were unknown until the issues appeared), and it was launched over Xmas, which was in hindsight not the best timing. Also other things that were laid out above. It is something I would like to avoid repeating. :eek:

Work on 1.3 console (from actual start of the work to finish... not "when it released on PC") was ~18 months. Assuming 1.4 launches on time (haha, sorry I had to! :p) - it will have taken ~11 months (Mobile 1.4 launched in mid/late October... with fixes into November).

Of course, it would be great to see this. However, there are many, many complicated steps needed to get there. The team's focus is rightfully on content parity (after everyone has 1.4) and then crossplay. After that? Who knows.
Thank you for the response. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom