Xbox One Inventory optimizations needed! Less efficient now

TerraPlumbis

Terrarian
So there are a few things wrong with the inventory.

1. When you have an item in your hand (click it, it’s held until you place it in another slot) and try to swap it for another item it sends the item in the slot you clicked to where your held item previously was rather than simply swapping them and putting the slot item in your hand.

2. Ofc no quick trash, and worse, while holding and item if you try to quick trash when your curser is over another inventory item it deletes that item instead of the held one.

3. When crafting it sends items straight to your inventory instead of hand. It should go to your hand normally and then also have a quick stack button like b4 that sends the crafted items straight to your inventory quickly.

4. Switch to world button completely unnecessary, also cannot move while using building mode in your inventory making it pointless. You should be able to bind a button to be both open and close inventory, leading em to number 5

5. Very important!! When doing controller binds each section(combat, inventory, etc.) should be able to use buttons from other sections. I can’t use right trigger as big map zoom for example without it removing the bind for attacking for example. Each page of the binds menu should have independent control lists so u can use the same button on different pages. This is very important as it drastically limits customability

6. Yellow triangle above enemies should be able to be disabled

7. Also when navigating inventory there is a delay before your cursor speeds up when navigating inventory this makes inventory management very frustrating.

8. I swear I notice a bit of lag in the game especially when moving fast and stuff, I think it could be better optimized probably. Others have noticed issues with lag as well. Very slight tho it’s like it’s a little rough instead of smooth and polished I suppose.

PS. Thank you guys for all y’all hard work and being so good to us haha. I sincerely thank you for terraria.

I just wish all the mechanics and functions and feel of the game was like 1.3 it’s just so off, my controls all the same as b4 btw. I just don’t enjoy it like 1.3 it feels unpolished

Last edited:
I would like to see the return of swapping items in your hand rather than it swapping to the spot it was at.

3. Yes this is needed a lot. The quick craft and crafted stuff staying in your hand when crafted normally was really good.

I would like to see the return of swapping items in your hand rather than it swapping to the spot it was at.

3. Yes this is needed a lot. The quick craft and crafted stuff staying in your hand when crafted normally was really good.
Yes both are very important to me also quick trash, these are needed features like without it inventory management and crafting is infuriating bruh.

Last edited:
3. When crafting it sends items straight to your inventory instead of hand. It should go to your hand normally and then also have a quick stack button like b4 that sends the crafted items straight to your inventory quickly.

4. Switch to world button completely unnecessary, also cannot move while using building mode in your inventory making it pointless. You should be able to bind a button to be both open and close inventory, leading em to number 5
7. Also when navigating inventory there is a delay before your cursor speeds up when navigating inventory this makes inventory management very frustrating.

3 - there is an option to make the items craft to your hand, Settings->Controller->Auto Stash (turning this off will place it in your hand instead)

4 - you can configure the same button to open and close the inventory by editing the bindings, note that when the world has focus you can navigate your whole inventory using the hotbar navigation binding or the next / previous Hotbar bindings (LB/RB), so essentially have a full inventory Hotbar

7 - if the current delays aren't to your liking you can modify them, Settings->Controller->Advanced

Nav. Repeat Delay - the initial delay before the cursor continues movement
Nav. Repeat Rate - the delay before moving to another slot

We will be looking into further tweaks and improvements, in coming patches, which should hopefully mean some of your other concerns are addressed

Back
Top Bottom