Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Good News for Bug Fixers: This looks very easy to fix if it's a bug.

I was fighting the Old One's Army in Hell (Post Skeletron and Pre-Hard Mode) and I saw an enemy drop the Cascade Yoyo. It wasn't a normal Hell monster that dropped it. There was no Hell monsters near by. It was definitely an Old One's Army Minnion. I'm not sure what enemy type it was though because it wasn't Wave 1. I know that anything in Hell can drop the Cascade Yoyo between Skeletron and Hard Mode, but I'm pretty sure nothing in the Old One's Army is supposed to drop anything other than Etherian Mana, Banners, or Boss Loot because you'd be able to farm them for Souls of Light or Night and Biome Keys. I'm 95% sure this happened twice, but there were a few Hell enemies the first time and that one dropped off screen, so there's a chance that one was a "normal" Cascade drop.

Any enemy in the Underworld can drop Cascade. It doesn't have to be an Underworld enemy like a Hellbat - if a regular Cave Bat wandered into the Underworld, it has the chance of dropping a Cascade. That is, it's the location that determines the drop, not the enemy itself. The same applies for other biome-based yoyos like Amarok, Hel-Fire and Yelets.

Any enemy in the Underworld can drop Cascade. It doesn't have to be an Underworld enemy like a Hellbat - if a regular Cave Bat wandered into the Underworld, it has the chance of dropping a Cascade. That is, it's the location that determines the drop, not the enemy itself. The same applies for other biome-based yoyos like Amarok, Hel-Fire and Yelets.
I know. I've gotten Hel-Fires from Cavern Enemies that were close to the Underworld before, but aren't Old One's Army Enemies supposed to drop nothing? I know they can't drop Biome Keys because it'd be easy to farm them because the event has so many enemies.

I know. I've gotten Hel-Fires from Cavern Enemies that were close to the Underworld before, but aren't Old One's Army Enemies supposed to drop nothing? I know they can't drop Biome Keys because it'd be easy to farm them because the event has so many enemies.
Good point! Let me check that for you.

Back
Top Bottom