OOC Glitched world

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired right now so tell me if I missed anything.

Name: Lukas Downs

Appearance (Pictures or Description): Extremely pale blonde hair, almost to the point of it being white, blue eyes, a black pair of boots, black pants, a light grey shirt, and a light grey double-breasted jacket.

Species: Human

Personality: Well as I said I was having problems with the personality of the character I was thinking of choosing, and this is that character, so... Main thing I can say is that he tries to keep a certain distance from peolle he knows, as he is a commander of one of the units in Swaasnia's military

Equipment/Weapons and armor: Now this is the part I can actually describe.
  • BR-6: A select-fire battle rifle used mostly by marksmen. It has a 7.68×64mm round, kicks like a mule, and even has a fully-automatic setting. However that's almost never used unless the weapon is firmly secured to something because of the recoil. Instead its single-fire or two round burst settings are normallg used instead, sith the former being used at longer ranges, and the latter being used at closer rangers. Lukas' BR-6 is equipped with the Pattern 12 Bayonet, which is the style of bayonet that is more knife-like. The inspiration for this rifle is the M14, so if you want an idea of what it would look like search one of those.
  • SMG-3: A bullpup .45ACP submachine gun with an integrated surpressor, subsonic rounds, and a two round burst mode. Quiet, but only effective at close range due to the low velocity of its projectiles. Lukas' SMG-3 is equipped with an MTS-27, which is a small device that combines the functions of a flashlight, a red laser, an IR laser, and an IR flashlight.
  • Combat Knife: Just a regular knife. I guess it would be good to mention it doesn't fold, but other than that, well, it's just a normal knife.
  • Trauma Kit: A first aid kit with supplies specifically intended for traumatic injuries. Good for if you get shot, but won't be that useful if you trip and scrape your knee.
  • Flashlight: Because sometimes you need to shine light at something without pointing a submachine gun at it as well.
Ablities: In other roleplays he's a werewolf. In this one he's not, and doesn't have anything elss I'd call an ability either.

Strengths: He's pretty good with firearms and knives, and can handle the cold well.

Flaws: Swords aren't really a common weapon in Swaasnia, only really being used for ceremonial purposes, so Lukas has no idea how to properly use one. He's also never used a crossbow, and although he at least knows how to use a bow, he's still not sure how to hit a target three metres away from him, and longer distances, well, he'd might have a chance of hitting someone, but not the person he's aiming at.

Hex code: #5A809E
World description: Swaasnia is a world with technology equivalent to somewhere between the 1990's and current technology. It is run by a single world government, with multiple regional governments controlling various provinces, states, territories, and other such things. The regional governments are elected and manage most things, however the federal government is controlled by a single dictator and various appointed ministers to control interactions between provinces. Although differing opinions on political systems are accepted and even welcomed, any kind of action against the federal government normally results in charges of treason. The military is tied closely with the federal government, and its officers normally have a fair amount of control over its actions, however the government also has a large amount of control over the military. The main thing that has kept Swaasnia is its various intelligence agencies and the Federal Archive Service, which all work together to collect vast amounts of information about the population.

Now as for the differences between this world and others, because of an event in the distant past of the world, magic does not exist in any way, and anything that relies on an external source of magic that enters the world Swaasnia is in will find itself without any kind of access to magic. There are also no souls, gods, or afterlife, although there are religions that believe there is. The weather is normally on the colder side, and the weather in most regions is often overcast. A few experimental technologies have been invented, but they won't play a role in the RP, so I won't go into detail about them.

Last edited:

Appearance (Pictures or Description):

Personality: Well as I said I was having problems with the personality of the character I was thinking of choosing, and this is that character, so... Main thing I can say is that he tries to keep a certain distance from peolle he knows, as he is a commander of one of the units in Swaasnia's military

• BR-6: A select-fire battle rifle used mostly by marksmen. It has a 7.68×64mm round, kicks like a mule, and even has a fully-automatic setting. However that's almost never used unless the weapon is firmly secured to something because of the recoil. Instead its single-fire or two round burst settings are normallg used instead, sith the former being used at longer ranges, and the latter being used at closer rangers. Lukas' BR-6 is equipped with the Pattern 12 Bayonet, which is the style of bayonet that is more knife-like. The inspiration for this rifle is the M14, so if you want an idea of what it would look like search one of those.
  • SMG-3: A bullpup .45ACP submachine gun with an integrated surpressor, subsonic rounds, and a two round burst mode. Quiet, but only effective at close range due to the low velocity of its projectiles. Lukas' SMG-3 is equipped with an MTS-27, which is a small device that combines the functions of a flashlight, a red laser, an IR laser, and an IR flashlight.
  • Combat Knife: Just a regular knife. I guess it would be good to mention it doesn't fold, but other than that, well, it's just a normal knife.
  • Trauma Kit: A first aid kit with supplies specifically intended for traumatic injuries. Good for if you get shot, but won't be that useful if you trip and scrape your knee.
  • Flashlight: Because sometimes you need to shine light at something without pointing a submachine gun at it as well.
Ablities: In other roleplays he's a werewolf. In this one he's not, and doesn't have anything elss I'd call an ability either.

Strengths: He's pretty good with firearms and knives, and can handle the cold well.

Flaws: Swords aren't really a common weapon in Swaasnia, only really being used for ceremonial purposes, so Lukas has no idea how to properly use one. He's also never used a crossbow, and although he at least knows how to use a bow, he's still not sure how to hit a target three metres away from him, and longer distances, well, he'd might have a chance of hitting someone, but not the person he's aiming at.

World description: Swaasnia is a world with technology equivalent to somewhere between the 1990's and current technology. It is run by a single world government, with multiple regional governments controlling various provinces, states, territories, and other such things. The regional governments are elected and manage most things, however the federal government is controlled by a single dictator and various appointed ministers to control interactions between provinces. Although differing opinions on political systems are accepted and even welcomed, any kind of action against the federal government normally results in charges of treason. The military is tied closely with the federal government, and its officers normally have a fair amount of control over its actions, however the government also has a large amount of control over the military. The main thing that has kept Swaasnia is its various intelligence agencies and the Federal Archive Service, which all work together to collect vast amounts of information about the population.

Now as for the differences between this world and others, because of an event in the distant past of the world, magic does not exist in any way, and anything that relies on an external source of magic that enters the world Swaasnia is in will find itself without any kind of access to magic. There are also no souls, gods, or afterlife, although there are religions that believe there is. The weather is normally on the colder side, and the weather in most regions is often overcast. A few experimental technologies have been invented, but they won't play a role in the RP, so I won't go into detail about them.
you missed the appearance

Appearance (Pictures or Description): Extremely pale blonde hair, almost to the point of it being white, blue eyes, a black pair of boots, black pants, a light grey shirt, and a light grey double-breasted jacket.

accepted!

Finally someone that isn't actually op

Hi personality very insulted here, I'm Yello
I totally did not forget that you existed
Bruh
I have a problem with overnerfing my characters tbh, Esther's staff is an endgame upgrade to the diamond staff, but it consumes like 25 mana

Name: Quilaren

Gryph.png

The right arm is made of stone while the left wing is made of silver and copper. (Based on their left and right btw)

Species: Gryphon anthro

Personality: I suck at explaining these so I won't even bother with that.

Equipment/Weapons and armor:
None

Ablities:
Can use most magic
Can willingly cause bursts of unstable magic (Either targeted at self, someone else and self if close enough, or a five metre radius around them including everything in it)

Strengths:
Highly knowledgeable on magic
Unstable magic can do basically anything (Except break my world's rules.)

Flaws:
Quilaren passively causes magic to go unstable (1/3 chance (of burst) when Quilaren casts, 1/5 chance when other magic hits Quilaren, 1/8 chance for others casting within five metres of Quilaren (For this one, please do the rolls yourselves because I'm liable to forget to do them myself), guaranteed when using magic on themself, or under anti-magic effect)
Casts gone unstable have a 50/50 chance to cancel out the intended part of the cast
Unstable magic can do basically anything
Quilaren is not immune to unstable magic

World description: Don't have a name for it, anyway. No time travel or other time shenanigans (I will apply this to my characters regardless of what world rules are in place, effectively just meaning there will be no situation where my characters will have time related abilities, and time travel and such things cannot be used to affect my characters.), and resurrection is done basically by sacrificing one's own life to resurrect the other person. As for day/night cycle, 15 hours daytime, 5 hours nighttime. (But that's only 20 hours I hear. And to that I say, yes, it is.) Also there's three moons because I decided there are. A couple other details, one of which I at least don't intend to include. The world's technological level is basically modern-ish (Further in some things, behind on others) with aetherpunk (sci-fi but magic) added. And dimensional travel is a thing but that's the one I don't have intent to include.

Hex code: #2f9d10

Name: Kessica

kitsune_design1_by_rzazorzish_dewvgsm-pre.png

Species: Kitsune

Personality: Look at what I said for Quilaren

None

Ablities:
Can sense magic, including the type of magic
Can cause another's cast to go unstable
Can produce projectiles of unstable magic
Also has a melee equivalent to the above
Pretty much can sustain herself on the magic around her, replacing the need to eat, sleep, or drink

Strengths:
Immune to unstable magic (And other things of the same kind (ie. DnD wild magic))

Flaws:
Can't really speak most languages, regardless how much she knows or doesn't know
Weak physically
Can't actually use magic aside from as stated in abilities
Won't actually benefit from eating, drinking, or sleeping

World description: Same one as Quilaren

Hex code: #d81752

Name: Quilaren

Gryph.png

The right arm is made of stone while the left wing is made of silver and copper. (Based on their left and right btw)

Species: Gryphon anthro

Personality: I suck at explaining these so I won't even bother with that.

None

Ablities:
Can use most magic
Can willingly cause bursts of unstable magic (Either targeted at self, someone else and self if close enough, or a five metre radius around them including everything in it)

Strengths:
Highly knowledgeable on magic
Unstable magic can do basically anything (Except break my world's rules.)

Flaws:
Quilaren passively causes magic to go unstable (1/3 chance (of burst) when Quilaren casts, 1/5 chance when other magic hits Quilaren, 1/8 chance for others casting within five metres of Quilaren (For this one, please do the rolls yourselves because I'm liable to forget to do them myself), guaranteed when using magic on themself, or under anti-magic effect)
Casts gone unstable have a 50/50 chance to cancel out the intended part of the cast
Unstable magic can do basically anything
Quilaren is not immune to unstable magic

World description: Don't have a name for it, anyway. No time travel or other time shenanigans (I will apply this to my characters regardless of what world rules are in place, effectively just meaning there will be no situation where my characters will have time related abilities, and time travel and such things cannot be used to affect my characters.), and resurrection is done basically by sacrificing one's own life to resurrect the other person. As for day/night cycle, 15 hours daytime, 5 hours nighttime. (But that's only 20 hours I hear. And to that I say, yes, it is.) Also there's three moons because I decided there are. A couple other details, one of which I at least don't intend to include. The world's technological level is basically modern-ish (Further in some things, behind on others) with aetherpunk (sci-fi but magic) added. And dimensional travel is a thing but that's the one I don't have intent to include.

Hex code: #2f9d10

Name: Kessica

kitsune_design1_by_rzazorzish_dewvgsm-pre.png

Species: Kitsune

Personality: Look at what I said for Quilaren

None

Ablities:
Can sense magic, including the type of magic
Can cause another's cast to go unstable
Can produce projectiles of unstable magic
Also has a melee equivalent to the above
Pretty much can sustain herself on the magic around her, replacing the need to eat, sleep, or drink

Strengths:
Immune to unstable magic (And other things of the same kind (ie. DnD wild magic))

Flaws:
Can't really speak most languages, regardless how much she knows or doesn't know
Weak physically
Can't actually use magic aside from as stated in abilities
Won't actually benefit from eating, drinking, or sleeping

World description: Same one as Quilaren

Hex code: #d81752

both accepted!

My characters would have the following responses:
Viridian: *slightly nervous *
Butter: "k"
Esther: same as Quilaren and Kess, probably
Trinity: "uh"
Aden: *doesn't even give the slightest bit of a single :red:*