tModLoader Metroid Mod

Hypermode and the suits it would be tied to, are currently not implemented/have no recipes. The most you can do is get the suits via cheat mod, but barely any of their features actually work.

Ever since this came out, me and my brother have been having fun thinking how Calamity Gear would be. We've been thinking of mainly beams and armor and when they'd be unlocked. To tell you for fun, I made it as far as the Devourerer of Gods but stopped because I wanted to play a different mod pack. I am pretty sure I can beat him though. My equipment was the Vortex Suit and Hyper Beam.

Update 2.1.0.2 (hotfix)

Potential Fixes (Need further testing):
* Implemented possible fix for the Grapple Beam bug caused by players holding Up and pressing Jump. I have been unable to replicate the bug, but going off of a hunch on what causes it, I did a minor code tweak. If this doesn't fix it, lemme know.
* Possible fix for Chozo Statue items disappearing in multiplayer. Would like others to test this with connected friends to see if it's working properly.

Phazon Meteor fixes:
* Lag issue should be fixed - this was caused by the meteor attempting to spawn, and fail, every single game frame. We've alleviated this by making it attempt to spawn every 60 seconds if it has failed.
* Phazon Meteor ignores platforms when spawning (unlike vanilla meteors). Still blocked by bridges made out of solid tiles.
* (Testing needing) Possible fix regarding the Phazon Meteor never spawning. Some of you have encountered an issue where defeating Plantera would not spawn the meteor yet no lag occurred. This meant the meteor had attempted to "spawn" but did not register it as a failure (the world flag for checking if it has spawned was set to true yet no message was shown). While this fix should mean that this no longer happens, existing worlds that have had this issue will remain bugged and no meteor will spawn. Unfortunately a new world will need to be generated. If no meteor still spawns after Plantera's defeat and you're sure no sky bridge is blocking it, let us know - it means this hasn't been fixed.

World Gen fixes and tweaks - A new world will have to be generated to see these changes:
* Redid rarity of statue items. Spider Ball and X-Ray Scope should be rarer as intended, though further tweaking may be needed.
* Changed wall type of Chozo Statue shrines - town NPCs should no longer be able to consider it as potential housing.
* Chozo Ruins walls will now have missing pieces to hopefully prevent the above issue and it looks more 'ruined' - Save room is untouched.

General fixes:
* Fixed issue with Morphing while using a vanilla grapple (and most grapples from other mods).
* Fixed Morph Ball drills being able to mine Demon Altars - oops!
* Phazon Core now damages the player like normal Phazon - except it ignores Phazon Suit immunity, as it is technically Red Phazon.
* Fixed Chozo Ghost town NPC despawning.
* Fixed crash caused by loading an existing world that was generated prior to activating this mod.
* Power Beam, Missile Launcher, and Morph Ball can no longer be placed in an Item Frame, as doing so would wipe installed addons.

More fixes are underway. Thank you all for the bug reports! Keep it up!
Ummm heyyyy really love this mod and I am trying to advance but the phazon meteor worn spawn neither will the core so I was wondering how I can maybe get it to spawn umm yea omega pirate is broken now I cant play any furthur

Last edited:
This is a question that I can't stop thinking about that ties to my last comment on making a side mod to merge Metroid and Calamity. Would the Hyper and Phazon mode still be separate options. Or would the merge together post Moon Lord when the real challenge of Calamity happens?

Again I am asking for fun.

Q: What about Fusion content? (Fusion Suit/X Parasites/SA-X)
A: This is a little iffy. I do plan to add Fusion content, but as of yet, I'm not sure how. There's a lot that goes into Fusion as a whole, and it's difficult to implement it in a faithful way.
X-Parasites spawning from enemies, for example, would be a huge gameplay change, and I want to make sure players who don't want them can easily opt-out of having them. Yet at the same time, I want to make sure they still pose the threat that they are. It gets messy if I don't make sure the details are worked out properly in a way that makes sense.
If you're still taking suggestions on this, I have a few.

Sounds like you want to make X-Parasites toggleable, and I do believe that can be handled with a dedicated Fusion mode added to difficulty selection or toggled by an item. Similarly to AM2R and Samus Returns, the fusion mode could mean more damage taken as a whole in addition to X-Parasites spawning, and a few bosses such as Torizo can get new spritework and be made harder, since the X can "improve" the creatures they mimic.

Although optional, SA-X could also be a part of the mode if possible, sometimes requiring you to run and hide when deep underground, in a dungeon, or in the Lizahrd temple.

Obtaining items could be done through mini-bosses as well, in case you're having a hard time finding the item or crafting it, as well as providing some good old sequence breaking, provided you can beat them.

I would say the item to enable Fusion Mode would be the Metroid Vaccine, as it is what makes fighting the X parasites possible.

well... I think this is thematic.

metroid-other-m-remember-me.gif

How've you been, Scooterboot? I friend was telling me about terraria mods... and I suddenly flashed back to playing this mod and making my videos with it so many years ago. Glad and surprised you're still at it. :eek:

Sounds like you want to make X-Parasites toggleable, and I do believe that can be handled with a dedicated Fusion mode added to difficulty selection or toggled by an item. Similarly to AM2R and Samus Returns, the fusion mode could mean more damage taken as a whole in addition to X-Parasites spawning, and a few bosses such as Torizo can get new spritework and be made harder, since the X can "improve" the creatures they mimic.

Although optional, SA-X could also be a part of the mode if possible, sometimes requiring you to run and hide when deep underground, in a dungeon, or in the Lizahrd temple.

Obtaining items could be done through mini-bosses as well, in case you're having a hard time finding the item or crafting it, as well as providing some good old sequence breaking, provided you can beat them.

I would say the item to enable Fusion Mode would be the Metroid Vaccine, as it is what makes fighting the X parasites possible.
That definitely sounds like the way to go with implementing the X, although if that's to be the case, the Metroid Vaccine should be attainable around the beginning of the game (kind of like Calamity's Difficulty Modifiers). Same goes with an optional SA-X perhaps have it be represented as "Containaminated Suit Portions", when used, activates SA-X to hunt you down whenever going through the caves or if you are out at night (with a few exceptions being that it won't interrupt boss fights or anything too important) but also perhaps it's behavior (along with the parasites) can be configured in certain ways to tone things down or to spice things up.

One issue is probably with the creator's direction of the mod, that being that I think scooterboot wants to go in a Metroid Prime direction (my best guess/assumption from seeing the unobtainable items in recipe browser + scooterboot mentioning that he wanted to implement the Dark World in this forum iirc). Not to say its impossible or whatever, but moreso you would have two evils clashing with each other, the ing and the x parasites (similar threats except one is way worse in that it can possess machines).

To summarize my opinion on said "issue", I feel like the mod would get way too bloated & conflicting, i feel like the best way to probably prevent said bloated-ness is to either seperate the mod into two versions or three: One where its more focused on Metroid Prime (the direction the creator currently wants to go judging by the unobtainable items) and another where its more focused on the 2D era stuff (As for a third version, which i had placed said ideas into my review (but then realized that it wasn't the direction the mod creator wants to go in, so i kinda felt like a jerk), where pre hardmode is focused on Zero Mission + Early Super Metroid Stuff, Hardmode is Mid-Late Super Metroid + Prime 1, then Post-Hardmode was Fusion Stuff, kind of acting like a new game+ except now you were weakened, but then I kind of realized it would probably not work as well as I'd imagine, heck I think I also tripped with figuring out how items could correspond to the boss itself).

Or maybe, similar how you could either craft the Phazon Suit or the Terrarian Gravity Suit, the mod could add a "path/world option" that allows you to either interact with either world ending threats (the Phazon Crisis / Metroid & X Crisis)? Who knows, I am not a mod creator nor am I some game designer that knows everything, a majority of what I mentioned is probably very easy to implement and I might just be overthinking too much. Maybe it's just the "Blah! muh consistency!!" part of me that feels this way, otherwise the mod is really fun and I look forward to what Scooterboot has in store for us in the future.

P.S: The more i think about it, a lot of the Prime Stuff fits well with Terraria's whole Good and Evil themes (especially with the light and dark world stuff from Prime 2).

That definitely sounds like the way to go with implementing the X, although if that's to be the case, the Metroid Vaccine should be attainable around the beginning of the game (kind of like Calamity's Difficulty Modifiers). Same goes with an optional SA-X perhaps have it be represented as "Containaminated Suit Portions", when used, activates SA-X to hunt you down whenever going through the caves or if you are out at night (with a few exceptions being that it won't interrupt boss fights or anything too important) but also perhaps it's behavior (along with the parasites) can be configured in certain ways to tone things down or to spice things up.

One issue is probably with the creator's direction of the mod, that being that I think scooterboot wants to go in a Metroid Prime direction (my best guess/assumption from seeing the unobtainable items in recipe browser + scooterboot mentioning that he wanted to implement the Dark World in this forum iirc). Not to say its impossible or whatever, but moreso you would have two evils clashing with each other, the ing and the x parasites (similar threats except one is way worse in that it can possess machines).

To summarize my opinion on said "issue", I feel like the mod would get way too bloated & conflicting, i feel like the best way to probably prevent said bloated-ness is to either seperate the mod into two versions or three: One where its more focused on Metroid Prime (the direction the creator currently wants to go judging by the unobtainable items) and another where its more focused on the 2D era stuff (As for a third version, which i had placed said ideas into my review (but then realized that it wasn't the direction the mod creator wants to go in, so i kinda felt like a jerk), where pre hardmode is focused on Zero Mission + Early Super Metroid Stuff, Hardmode is Mid-Late Super Metroid + Prime 1, then Post-Hardmode was Fusion Stuff, kind of acting like a new game+ except now you were weakened, but then I kind of realized it would probably not work as well as I'd imagine, heck I think I also tripped with figuring out how items could correspond to the boss itself).

Or maybe, similar how you could either craft the Phazon Suit or the Terrarian Gravity Suit, the mod could add a "path/world option" that allows you to either interact with either world ending threats (the Phazon Crisis / Metroid & X Crisis)? Who knows, I am not a mod creator nor am I some game designer that knows everything, a majority of what I mentioned is probably very easy to implement and I might just be overthinking too much. Maybe it's just the "Blah! muh consistency!!" part of me that feels this way, otherwise the mod is really fun and I look forward to what Scooterboot has in store for us in the future.

P.S: The more i think about it, a lot of the Prime Stuff fits well with Terraria's whole Good and Evil themes (especially with the light and dark world stuff from Prime 2).
I agree with this line of thought, the mod could split off into two different addons which are interchangeable with each other, one being for Fusion/Dread, and the other for Prime stuff. If you would want one, the other, or both, the options would always be present in the form of disabling and enabling the two.

Metroid 2/Return of Samus content is also interesting and could go with the fusion addon, I would love to fight all the stages of a Metroid instead of just the larval ones as bosses, as well as maybe a pet based on the Infant Metroid that follows you around like in AM2R.

morph bombs dont deal damage to monsters if you're "behind a wall" when they go off, yet they still knock the monsters back.

Why was I notified about this when it was another question. Although, I feel you would also have ideas for a Metroid Calamity as I'll call it. Mainly with my question.

That was definitely a fun trip, Scooterboot (I played the mod with calamity and thorium in tow). All those end game pick ups of gear which are terraria originals are amazing. Supernova bomb, stardust diffusion missiles, all the missile combos and combining and stacking of arm cannon upgrades etc epic. Melting bosses in one overheat of the phazon beam though was the biggest trip and pretty much the deal sealer for calamity... Once I got phazon beam and it was stacked with some crit and some spicy stuff from stars above, everyone just melted until I lost interest cause the calamity mod was too big and kinda grindyish.

Playing with the mod is definitely not lacking in offensive power, although defensively, sense move could probably use a buff...? since it's like a third of a second of I-frames so you won't be passing through much if anything when using that. Since I had a dodge roll mod which was better and went further once it had the accessory that provided I-frames on dodge. Could sense move act like the normal terraria dodge on a "counter" trigger? where if you get hit while in the middle of a sense move roll animation it triggers basically a ninja equipment dodge and avoids the hit? plus maybe a buff like in other M where when you dodge your arm cannon gets charged extra quick?

Last edited:
i feel like i should randomly mention that I often purposely go for sense move dodges thinking that it will instacharge my cannon

what other M does to a MFers brain 😔
haha, noice. other M was good fun. Haven't played it in forever though cause now all my gaming is PC...

Back
Top Bottom