Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has its own loot pool, meaning every gold/titanium crate has a guaranteed chance to drop one.
I'm Pretty sure that's not how crate loot works. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think it works like this:
Every item is part of a pool, each pool is rolled for it's drops.
Some item pools have an equal chance for all items, others have different chances for all items.
The item picked from an item pool will be the only item obtained from that pool.
For instance, if you get a Life Crystal drop from the pool, then that means you can't get the Enchanted Sundial or the Hardy Saddle in the same crate.
There are two other rules to crate drops, if a crate were to contain no items then it will be re-rolled.
And a crate can contain only one instance of ores or bars. If you get gold bars from a crate, you cannot get any other ores or bars from that same crate.
There's probably a whole bunch of other bunch of chance mumbo jumbo I don't know, but this is what I do know.

I'm getting off topic here, what I should say is that the Enchanted Sword is not only the rarest gold/titanium crate drop,
but the third rarest drop overall, the rarest if you don't count the Enchanted Sundial's drop rate from pearlwood and mythril crates.

Of my 100 hours or so playing Terraria, I've obtained the Enchanted Sword about four times, all of those from stumbling across it in the caverns by chance.
Of my roughly 5 hours of casual non crate potion fishing for the angler, with 122 quests completed I've obtained about... six or seven gold crates, and like two titanium crates.
Of the ten percent chance of getting a crate without a crate potion, with 100 fishing power the chance to get a gold/titanium crate is...
About 0.6%?
That lines up with my faulty memory at least.

Point is, 2% is better than 0%, but wow, gold crates kinda suck.

Maybe giving the town NPCs a stat boost once you beat Deerclops? Pretty much every other boss does this. Why not Deerclops? It would also make killing Deerclops a universal good (i.e. Even if you don't care about his items, you might want to kill him anyway for this) because players don't want enemies killing their NPCs: NPCs

Also, how about having it so that Hardmode Corruption/Crimson enemies can drop the Tentacle Spike? Sure, it's hopelessly outclassed at that point, but it'd be nice for players who want to collect it.

Last edited:
Enchanted Swords are actually very easy to get since they are objects generated with the world, which means that any seed that generates one for another player will also generate one for you. There are tons of seeds for sword shrines online, and personally I kind of like that it's an item that encourages collaboration between players, feels a bit like exchanging rumors about games on the playground as a kid.

That said this also means that increasing its drop rate from crates wouldn't really hurt much, and it would help the sizeable group of players that don't like to generate multiple worlds because of immersion. At the very least it should have a higher drop rate in hardmode since that's when you'll be looking for it to complete your Zenith.

This isn't a terribly important thing, but since Flower Boots now only make flowers when you're moving so you can't abuse the flare trick, would it be possible to revert or even partially revert their debuff to bug rarity? Since they're a jungle chest item anyway, I feel like it should be fine for them to help give you an easier time farming low-level bait, just not as insanely easy as the flare trick made it.

If we really want to stop them from letting you farm bait, then a suggestion I have would be to make it so flowers never spawn bugs ever, only grass (with possibly increased spawn chance from grass to compensate), which would prevent the Flower Boots from spawning bugs since they only create flowers, not grass. The way it is now, it seems unintuitive and kind of deceptive tbh, since there's nothing to indicate to the player that they're getting a penalty just for wearing these cool boots they found.

Last edited:
I think nerfing obsidian armor and making tiki armor a stats wise pre-nerf obsidian armor with a bit more defense and maybe an extra summon? would be a balanced way to make a whip based playthrough viable and fun without restricting whip based loadouts to pre and early hardmode.

I also think the flameburst sentrys should get a damage or fire rate buff because right now they are discount ballista even with the appropriate armor effects. I think the sentry time limit outside the ooa even could be increased too, because their time limit is too short to be a "set and forget" type of summon.

^ I second all of this. At least adding some sort of whip bonus to tiki would set it apart from the other summon sets at around the same time, flameburst definitely falls behind ballista in effectiveness (make it so that they can shoot up? please?), and sentries despawn way too quickly.

There Are a many nice ideas concerning balancing in here. I don't know if I missed it, but I would want to argue for a small change concerning the warmth potion:
would it be possible to change it to make you immune to chilled for its duration? The warmth potion is rather niche (if good in its specific circumstances), but it would make the frost minnow way better for expert mode, as you could then fish up the minnow to be guarded against the cold water. A big thank you to the whole team for still updating this great game!

Last edited:
There Are a many nice ideas concerning balancing in here. I don't know if I missed it, but I would want to argue for a small change concerning the warmth potion:
would it be possible to change it to make you immune to chilled for its duration? The warmth potion is rather niche (if good in its specific circumstances), but it would make the frost minnow way Vetter for expert mode, as you could the fish up the minnow to be guarded against the cold water. A big thank you to the whole team for still updating this great game!
I would like to add that the potion should be changed to also work on Ice Tortoise, Ice Mimic and Frozen Zombie.

would it be possible to change it to make you immune to chilled for its duration? The warmth potion is rather niche (if good in its specific circumstances), but it would make the frost minnow way Vetter for expert mode, as you could the fish up the minnow to be guarded against the cold water. A big thank you to the whole team for still updating this great game!
Very good idea, I hope they put this one in, it seems simple enough

I have some balance ideas regarding potions. Some potions need some changes because are useless, aren't very good or need a little improvement.

Wormhole Potion
- now is obtainable in singleplayer
- now lets players teleport to NPCs

Don't now how easy would be to implement this. Perhaps this would overshadow pylons so maybe making it harder to craft/obtain would balance it.
Thorns Potion
- remove worm tooth from recipe
- change the required herb from deathweed to shiverthorn

I think removing the worm tooth from the recipe would make it more accessible in Corrupt worlds and craftable in Crimson worlds. I think shiverthorn seems more easily obtainable and because shiverTHORN.
Invisibility Potion
- now isn't cancelled when a player is hit
- remove the effect of reducing enemy spawn rates
- duration increased from 3 to 4 minutes

I don't think the reduced spawn rate of enemies is necessary and I don't know why it is cancelled when you are hit so removing it would improve this potion and a little duration buff wouldn't be bad.
Crate Potion
- duration increased from 3 to 4 minutes
- change recipe from amber to sturdy fossil

I always hated when I was fishing and the fishing potion had 8 minutes and the crate potion had 3 minutes. Now they would be in ratio 1:2 so now you would need only 2 crate potions for every fishing potion. If you want crate potion you either completing angler quests or go in the desert for desert fossils because you can get amber from them but you get more sturdy fossils from them then amber.
Calming Potion
- duration increased from 8 to 10 minutes

Just a little duration buff would be great.

+

Crispy honey block
- now required in the Abeemination instead of hive blocks
- now could be eaten for minor stat improvement for 1 or 2 minutes

This block rigth here. This block would be almost useless if fishing potion didn't exist because that is this block's only use and it doesn't even look good as a building block. This change would make Queen Bee renewable as a boss. I don't know how it would be eaten when it is a block but this would make it an easy food source in The Constant seed and because I think crispy honey would be tasty.

Why is the Monokuma set not available in the general version of Terraria?
Recently, new Danganronpa versions have been premiered, so isn't this a good occasion to officially release it?
Monokuma_set.png

Why is the Monokuma set not available in the general version of Terraria?
Recently, new Danganronpa versions have been premiered, so isn't this a good occasion to officially release it?
View attachment 353996

I would assume there are contractual limitations to the use of those vanity items. And, similar to the Console/Mobile exclusives, they were not made by ReLogic, so generally not something we include the core Terraria edition.

I would assume there are contractual limitations to the use of those vanity items. And, similar to the Console/Mobile exclusives, they were not made by ReLogic, so generally not something we include the core Terraria edition.
It's a pity, I thought this particular cheese was made by ReLogic, but as a replacement for the Japanese edition.
I didn't know a third party made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom