Mobile Crimson just about a 100 blocks away from spawn

Crimson spreads really slowly at the start of the game (Or at least I think it does…), so try to get the Dryad and then you can buy purification powder. Then you can get rid of it as needed.

Well as far as I know the world evil doesn't spread until either Hardmode, or when you break an altar, I can't remember which. But either way, normally you just dig a tunnel that's around 6 blocks wide, remove the background walls, and then line the tunnels with something that can't be affected by the world evil. That should at least prevent it from spreading into areas where your NPCs live or where your base is, and then later you can work on cleaning it up once you get access to items that can purify things faster.

Well as far as I know the world evil doesn't spread until either Hardmode, or when you break an altar, I can't remember which. But either way, normally you just dig a tunnel that's around 6 blocks wide, remove the background walls, and then line the tunnels with something that can't be affected by the world evil. That should at least prevent it from spreading into areas where your NPCs live or where your base is, and then later you can work on cleaning it up once you get access to items that can purify things faster.
Unfortunately, it does spread Pre-Hardmode, but at a very slow pace via grass blocks. The world evil and Hallow’s spread then gets complicated during Hardmode, to which it spreads into corruptible blocks (For example, sand, stone, vines, natural walls). It is slowed down by a whopping half once Plantera has been defeated again however.

Generally speaking, 3+ blocks in a gap straight down to hell around the Jungle will protect it; you do not need a full six blocks I believe unless it is air (I may be getting confused here). Either way, I’d fill it up with non-corruptible blocks such as any form of bricks (Including sandstone bricks and grey bricks, both of which are the easiest to make and especially sandstone bricks if you have plenty of sand).

Either way, background walls also don’t spread the evil biome; may look like it, but they can’t corrupt/crimson or hallow blocks in the slightest, they can simply only spread their walls.

Straight to the point, what the heck do I do

I unfortunately had a rather similar experience; my crimson on my PC world was on either side of me within the first or second biome. As soon as I could, I got bombs and threw a bunch at the Crimson’s edge to blow it up enough so it stopped spreading. The other one was in my desert to my right, but I was far more concerned about the left because it went straight into the forest area and although it spreads slow in Pre-Hardmode, it’s a long term world so it would spread. I’d say, make a small house around your spawn point as well and move your NPC homes further away; when you get a bed, move from the small house to your NPC house or a new home further away from the evil biome. Since sand does not crimson/corrupt in Pre-Hardmode, it was only that side to worry about but it still makes life hell. With both of these in combination, you should be fine… though make sure to lay out the small hole with bombs you made with stone, or make it so it meets a stone block so it can’t spread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom