Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Your screenshots don't seem to have worked.
Thank you for moving my thread to the appropriate place. I'm new to all this forum thing. And thank you for letting me know that the screenshots don't work.
2021-09-26 (3).png
2021-09-26 (2).png

Attachments

• 2021-09-26 (3).png
    2021-09-26 (3).png
    311.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 2021-09-26 (2).png
    2021-09-26 (2).png
    771.9 KB · Views: 108
Hello all, i'm enjoying my time but would love a hardmode world without the V biomes spread. I have checked and you can toggle the Hardmode status of a world in TEdit, however this does not spawn a V upon entering the world as I would have suspected, however I'm unable without spending much time to defeat the Wall of Flesh yet. Does anyone know if this bypasses the V creation?

Well, while trying to create a mod, I made a horrible editor for room layout creation, which burned my eyes when trying to use it.
I then remembered of this tool, and now I wonder if I could use it to help me make room layouts for it.

My idea was of creating a plugin, so I can select the room bounds, then make it export the tile infos necessary of the room to a text form, and then place it on the room settings, but... How do I make a plugin for Tedit?

The documentations spotlights really well plugins made for it, but doesn't mentions how to make one.

Edit:. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell: The search box isn't working for walls. No matter what I type there, it is unable to find the walls I look for.

Well, while trying to create a mod, I made a horrible editor for room layout creation, which burned my eyes when trying to use it.
I then remembered of this tool, and now I wonder if I could use it to help me make room layouts for it.

My idea was of creating a plugin, so I can select the room bounds, then make it export the tile infos necessary of the room to a text form, and then place it on the room settings, but... How do I make a plugin for Tedit?

The documentations spotlights really well plugins made for it, but doesn't mentions how to make one.

Edit:. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell: The search box isn't working for walls. No matter what I type there, it is unable to find the walls I look for.

I did the exact same same thing including full tutorial here: PC - How To Downgrade A World From 1.4 Back To 1.3

I did the exact same same thing including full tutorial here: PC - How To Downgrade A World From 1.4 Back To 1.3
Hey, that actually may be helpful. Beside there's something I want to ask now, but I doubt you'll be able to answer me:
What is the point of a plugin system, if the plugin is built in the program?

Edit:. Since I was unable to build the TEdit with the tool, I had to use a workaround for that.
I discovered that exporting templates to png allows me to export the map design in different colors based on the tiles and walls, which will be extremelly useful for what I'll use it for.
I'll try using that on my mod for now.

Last edited:
Hey, that actually may be helpful. Beside there's something I want to ask now, but I doubt you'll be able to answer me:
What is the point of a plugin system, if the plugin is built in the program?

Edit:. Since I was unable to build the TEdit with the tool, I had to use a workaround for that.
I discovered that exporting templates to png allows me to export the map design in different colors based on the tiles and walls, which will be extremelly useful for what I'll use it for.
I'll try using that on my mod for now.

"What is the point of a plugin system, if the plugin is built in the program?" - I've recently been promoted to developer by the owner, so I can try and answer these. So the plugins from my understanding where added way before the program intended to have them. The editor uses compiled .xaml so a .dll compiled .xaml would not be so easy. I do plan however to look into this in the future and update this system.

Glad you found something that worked for you!

I'm having a really weird issue. I wanted to force Halloween since it's so far away but drops are now being weird. I was getting regular hearts and stars as well as both their Halloween and Christmas resprites but no goodie bags. What's really strange is even though I got the "The spirit of Halloween rests" message the hearts and stars have not returned to normal. I tried restarting and that didn't change it. It was originally a Constant world but I turned on Anniversary and Drunk world since I wanted some of their effects along with the Constant.

I'm having a really weird issue. I wanted to force Halloween since it's so far away but drops are now being weird. I was getting regular hearts and stars as well as both their Halloween and Christmas resprites but no goodie bags. What's really strange is even though I got the "The spirit of Halloween rests" message the hearts and stars have not returned to normal. I tried restarting and that didn't change it. It was originally a Constant world but I turned on Anniversary and Drunk world since I wanted some of their effects along with the Constant.
TEdit can't "force" the halloween drops. Its dependent on the system date and time used for Windows. So just set your system date to October 10th and you should see the halloween stuff drop consistently.

TEdit can't "force" the halloween drops. Its dependent on the system date and time used for Windows. So just set your system date to October 10th and you should see the halloween stuff drop consistently.
There is an option in the World Properties tab to turn Halloween on so I did it more for giggles than anything else. (Tho the pumpkins were nice and useful) But ever since I did it the hearts and stars have been graphically bugged and been a mix between regular and both holiday options (I'm sometimes getting the Christmas ones despite never turning Christmas on). This doesn't change the game or anything but it is an unexpected result.

There is an option in the World Properties tab to turn Halloween on so I did it more for giggles than anything else. (Tho the pumpkins were nice and useful) But ever since I did it the hearts and stars have been graphically bugged and been a mix between regular and both holiday options (I'm sometimes getting the Christmas ones despite never turning Christmas on). This doesn't change the game or anything but it is an unexpected result.
Interesting, I was unaware that option existed. Thanks for the clarification! Whatever flag that option sets, clearly does not truely enable Halloween. <3

Interesting, I was unaware that option existed. Thanks for the clarification! Whatever flag that option sets, clearly does not truely enable Halloween. <3
I was honestly thinking it would activate whatever flag gets set by beating 15 waves of a Harvest/Frost Moon. Doing that will get you a day of Halloween/Christmas according to the wiki. I honestly don't like changing dates on my computer because it makes my browser complain and I'm very much pre hardmode both in actual game progress and ability (first solo run) so actually finishing the Moon events isn't going to be feasible for a while.

I just finished editing a world and when i joined the world, the clouds were moving faster and the time is sped up. Every 3-4 seconds, an hour has already passed in game. Any fixes?

ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆĀĂĄª
Hi there @Rabbitman welcome to the forums. :)

I’m not sure if this was an accidental post, or intended. Going forward, please make sure that your posts contain relevant content. If you were trying to test out how to post, a better spot to do that is on your own profile here (Rabbitman) or in the Random Chitchat Thread - spamming isn’t allowed in either spot though.

If you have any questions, or need help, you can send a private message to me HERE.

I just finished editing a world and when i joined the world, the clouds were moving faster and the time is sped up. Every 3-4 seconds, an hour has already passed in game. Any fixes?
You sped up time in journey mode. Change the world to Journey mode. In terraria, set the time to normal. Then load the world into TEdit and change the difficulty to whatever you want.

1648608129272.png

I suppose Text Statue Generator plugin converts plain text into character statues arranged in the same way, but what does World Randomizer do? Does it perhaps change all of an existing world's data like where its sealevel is or what kind of trees it has? Or is some sort of bizarre worldgen like Jojopelly's TerraCustom, but fully random?

Hey.
Does anyone have made excessive use of cutting objects with tedit? For example: Just using half of a statue, half of furnitures or whatever.
I wanted to know if there's any potential danger regarding a broken/corrupted map data.

Hey.
Does anyone have made excessive use of cutting objects with tedit? For example: Just using half of a statue, half of furnitures or whatever.
I wanted to know if there's any potential danger regarding a broken/corrupted map data.
Hi there @Warden Shape I moved your post into this thread for TEdit so that more people that may know the answer can see it.

Back
Top Bottom