tModLoader Recipe Browser

I tried to translate the custom mod translation of this mod into Japanese, but the following method did not work. Is there any other way to translate it? There is also a Japanese translation in case you are interested.
C#:
        private static void CustomTrans(string text, string trans)
        {
            Mod recipeBrowser = ModLoader.GetMod("RecipeBrowser");
            ModTranslation translation = recipeBrowser.CreateTranslation(text);
            translation.SetDefault(trans);
            recipeBrowser.AddTranslation(translation);
        }
I wasn't aware you could do this, but likely the timing is incorrect, as Recipe Browser gets the translations during its Load method, which means other mods wouldn't really be able to influence them

I wasn't aware you could do this, but likely the timing is incorrect, as Recipe Browser gets the translations during its Load method, which means other mods wouldn't really be able to influence them
Hmmm... from the looks of it, this mod uses lang files to manage the translations. I have a Japanese translation of en-US.lang, but I don't have the skills to replace the lang file from another mod. What should I do?

Hmmm... from the looks of it, this mod uses lang files to manage the translations. I have a Japanese translation of en-US.lang, but I don't have the skills to replace the lang file from another mod. What should I do?

I don't know, the Japanese community seems to have some tools for this kind of thing, I don't really follow it.

I don't know, the Japanese community seems to have some tools for this kind of thing, I don't really follow it.
Okay, I'll try a few methods on my own for a while.

About translating custom mod translations, it didn't completely fail, I was able to translate "RecipeBrowserUI.ModFilter" and "CraftUI.NoPathsFound" as shown in the image below.
By the way, "RecipeBrowserUI.ModFilter" was translated after I right-clicked, left-clicked, and middle-clicked.
1281930_20210325174252_1.png

So what I'm trying to say is that I'd like to support translating your mod into Japanese.

Last edited:
I have a mod that gets stuck on the rebuilding loot cache part to report but i dont know where to report it. Its Galactica if anyone wants to know

4TfwJ13.png

Recipe Browser

Latest Download:
Mod Browser (in-game) - Direct link - Alt download Link
Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

Recipe Browser is an indispensable mod for any tModLoader player. It provides a service to the user that the Guide could only dream of providing. :):eek::sigh:) I'll let the videos below show off the various features.

How to use? -> Assign hotkey and press it:

Basic Usage:
Place Items in slot to filter by recipes using or resulting in the item
Click recipe to see ingredients and tiles
Green Recipes are recipes craft-able right now, click to scroll crafting window
Type into filter search boxes to filter by recipe result items
Double click ingredient to filter by that item

Craft Tool (More Info):
Easily Craft Multi-step Recipe Paths

Also try the Query Hovered Item Hotkey for quicker results. I recommend using middle mouse button.

Find out which NPC drops Ingredients
Click on NPC icon to see all drops
Pin/Star Recipes you want to easily track
Alt click to star and unstar
Items that do not stack will automatically be removed from starred list when obtained

Filter by ingredients you actually own
(Inventory/Safe/Nearby Chests)

Item Checklist integration
Recipes involving the most recently discovered item will automatically be light green and high on the list
Item Checklist Only option filters list to only show recipes where all ingredients have previously been seen by the character

In-game Help

Planned Features:
  • Looking for suggestions.
Issues:
Stuck on "Rebuilding Loot Cache"
  • Close Terraria
  • Launch Terraria, hold shift key until you reach the main menu
  • In the Mods menu, disable all mods except Recipe Browser
  • Reload
  • Slowly add Mods until either it works or it doesn't work again.
  • If it stops working after adding Mod X, tell me Mod X.
Error message with "Could not convert..."
Delete "\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\Cache\LootCache.json" and then try again.

Changelog:

v0.8.7
  • New Armor Set Feature (More Info)
  • Mod now remembers window position and sizes
v0.8.3-0.8.6
  • lots of things.
v0.8.2
  • Major performance fixes.
v0.8.1
v0.7.4
  • updated to tModLoader 0.11.3
v0.7.2
  • Show which mod adds which recipes in tooltip
v0.7.1
  • 0.8 features still reverted.
  • Fix for Terraria Overhaul shenanigans and 0.11 Beta
v0.8
  • Craft Tool added (More Info)
    • View multi-step crafting paths
    • More item sources and alternate ways to find items coming soon
v0.7
  • In-game Help panel
  • Super Amazing Item Finding Filters and Tools not in Recipe panel
  • Better Recipe panel design
v0.6.1.1
  • Chinese - thanks 抗药又坚硬汉化组(SBMW GROUP)
  • Italian - thanks @Al Fahrel
  • German - thanks xxSephiroth
  • All 9 Terraria supported languages now complete, thanks everyone!
v0.6
  • tModLoader 0.10.1.3+ now required
  • Super Amazing Item Finding Filters and Tools
    • All sorts of categories and sorts.
  • Multiplayer Starred Recipes
    • Recipes other players have starred with show up for cooperative purposes.
  • Save Starred Recipe Selection
  • Share Recipe in Chat
    • Alt Click on recipe while chat is open
  • Localization
    • Russian - thanks Terraria Phone&PC Team
    • Polish - thanks ArcheRion720
    • French - thanks @orian34
    • Portuguese - thanks @Bluezinho
    • Spanish - thanks PabloVllgs
    • Still need Chinese, Italian, and German. Contact me to help out.
  • Fixed a few LootCache issues.
  • Fixed screen flash for tile selector.
v0.5.2
  • Query Hovered Item Hotkey
    • Quickly populate the recipe browser with the hovered item.
    • I suggest the default hotkey of middle mouse button.
  • Bug Fix with starred recipes using things like "Any Wood"
v0.5.1
  • New Icon! (Thanks BratrilliantG7)
  • New Crafting Tile Selection menu
    • Choose between Inherited and Unique recipes to explore recipes related to the tile
v0.5
  • Bestiary
  • Item Catalogue
v0.4
  • NPC Loot Update!
    • Click Recipe or Ingredient to see enemies that drop that item
    • Click NPC icon to see all drops of that enemy
  • Mods filter now only cycles through mods that add items
v0.3
  • Pin/Favorite recipe (alt click)
v0.1 to v0.2
  • Lots.
RecipeBrowser.png
Any plans to port over to steam workshop?

View attachment 334922
I seem to be having some trouble loading the mod, and I'm not really sure what to make of it or how to fix it.
That looks like the typical OneDrive issue. Here is the suggestion from the tmodlaoder discord server:

Getting this error message? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/436261997416546305/547140163298394115/jeger_god2.JPG If you haven't already, enable/install OneDrive. Right click your documents folder and select "Always save on this device". It might say "computer" instead of "device" or just "save on device". Now try. Note that this fix is for Windows 10 only

Can we have an update on the coming features to the crafting tab that will integrate magic storage? Also, this may be asking too much but there is a mod called Magic Storage Extra which has different Magic Storage blocks (with some more useful filtering features and whatnot), when the Magic Storage compatibility update come is it possible that you could make your mod's crafting features compatible with that?

Can we have an update on the coming features to the crafting tab that will integrate magic storage? Also, this may be asking too much but there is a mod called Magic Storage Extra which has different Magic Storage blocks (with some more useful filtering features and whatnot), when the Magic Storage compatibility update come is it possible that you could make your mod's crafting features compatible with that?
Those features will come when I get around to it, I have a lot of things I'm working on with various priorities

any chance for a 1.4 update? or an estimate as to when youd start working on it, youre mod is one of the only ones i need
Tmodloader for 1.4 is still in alpha so unless you wanna use it in alpha (assuming he does make it right now), then it's not coming soon.

Jopo, can you make the mod to keep category chosen in items browser, please?

What I mean is when we choose category on Items tab, e.g. Blocks - Crafting Stations, and double click one item to see the recipe and back to Items tab again, it resets back to show All items, not back to Blocks - Crafting Station category I chose before.
We must choose the category again.

Jopo, can you make the mod to keep category chosen in items browser, please?

What I mean is when we choose category on Items tab, e.g. Blocks - Crafting Stations, and double click one item to see the recipe and back to Items tab again, it resets back to show All items, not back to Blocks - Crafting Station category I chose before.
We must choose the category again.
I've added it to the suggestion list, thanks for the suggestion.

I think there's some compatibility with recursive crafting. I'm pretty reliably able to crash the game by using recipe browser to view an item and then doubleclicking on the next step of what it's used to build.

The log just gets flooded with this:

[18:57:26] [1/ERROR] [Terraria]: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeCatalogueUI.SetRecipe(Int32 index) in RecipeBrowser\RecipeCatalogueUI.cs:line 747
at RecipeBrowser.UIElements.UIRecipeSlot.Click(UIMouseEvent evt) in RecipeBrowser\UIElements\UIRecipeSlot.cs:line 67
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.UpdateUI(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at DMD<Terraria.Main::Update>(Main , GameTime )

Back
Top Bottom