Is this idea random?

• Yes!

• You did okay!

• Perhaps.

• Something's a bit off...

Results are only viewable after voting.

GawenStarTeller

Retinazer
For any of those who might ask... no, I have no clue where this idea came from. But I've kind of warmed up to it. Short story shorter, I was playing Terraria for my first time in ages when I was thinking about another game where crowbars are a weapon. And that was pretty much it. Anyway, without further ado... I would like to present...

-THE CROWBAR-
For those of you who don't know what a crowbar is (to be honest, I don't know how you wouldn't), it's sort of a candy-cane shaped metal rod. If that doesn't really shed any light on the subject, and with no sprite I can actually show, I can just pull one from the internet.

upload_2015-1-7_15-49-20.jpeg

Kinda like this.
Don't judge me. I haven't really thought much on this idea... I just thought it might be kinda fun to beat up things with a crowbar. I suppose those of you who are reading this are just waiting for me to get into the in-game stats and such, seeing I've already basically told you all about it. Anyway... here is kind of what I imagined it, but please be warned that it will probably be unbalanced. If you take interest in changing it, you can add suggestions in the comments below. I'll most likely will be there to reply to you!

The Crowbar
(Sprite Pending)
Damage: 12
Knockback: 6 (Very Strong)
Max Stack: 1
Rarity:
Rarity_color_1_big.png

Use Time: Slow
Sell: 25
Silver_Coin.png

Crafting: 12
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
, 1
Hook_%28crafting_material%29.png
at an Anvil.

The crowbar is just like your average broadsword, meaning you swing it over you head to hit enemies in the direction you're facing. It has relatively decent size, and will hit whatever comes within its range, having a 10% chance to inflict the Confused debuff (
Confused.png
) on enemies, as well as a 3% chance of inflicting the Slow debuff (
Slow.png
), which are pretty much bonuses to have to find a hook to craft it.

If this idea is horrible, I understand. I checked to make sure this wasn't suggested already, and found nothing, but if I missed something, do inform me. Make sure to tell me if I did something wrong in the comments! After all, feedback as to what I can do to fix 'too over powered' or 'too underpowered' is better then 'your suggestion sucks I hate you'!

Last edited:
Honestly this doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, it certainly doesn't add the most game changing things into the game (which are usually never that good) but I could see it working.
Just a couple little things about it.

I don't quite understand the need to have chains in a crowbar, unless this is some crazy new high tech thing but I'm getting the impression it isn't.
If it is craftable it should be able to be crafted using iron or lead, otherwise it would be quite an annoyance to have to generate a new world just if you wanted to get one. I think it should either be one or the other, craftable with both iron or lead or found in chests, it seems a bit unnecessary to have both.
Lastly I would really love it if it were to just have a satisfying thunk noise when you hit enemies, something separate to just a regular melee weapon. Something to make it feel like I really am just running around smacking zombies in the face with a crowbar, just a good THUNK I think would add a lot

You can't break doors open with it?
Please, let it break open doors, just for a fun easter egg :p

Last edited:
Honestly this doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, it certainly doesn't add the most game changing things into the game (which are usually never that good) but I could see it working.
Just a couple little things about it.

I don't quite understand the need to have chains in a crowbar, unless this is some crazy new high tech thing but I'm getting the impression it isn't.
If it is craftable it should be able to be crafted using iron or lead, otherwise it would be quite an annoyance to have to generate a new world just if you wanted to get one. I think it should either be one or the other, craftable with both iron or lead or found in chests, it seems a bit unnecessary to have both.
Lastly I would really love it if it were to just have a satisfying thunk noise when you hit enemies, something separate to just a regular melee weapon. Something to make it feel like I really am just running around smacking zombies in the face with a crowbar, just a good THUNK I think would add a lot
For some reason I was under the impression that Tungsten was the equivalent of Iron... meh, I took this thread a bit too fast without really thinking about it. Especially seeing I've known it was Lead since 1.2 came out. The chains were there pretty much to add a requirement for the extra bonuses it gets over other weapons, but the hook already did that.

And yeah. Now looking at it, the whole chest thing looks a little off. I'll edit it now, and I'll consider the sound... though, that would be amusing!
Amazing crafting ever 10/10
I don't know whether this is supposed to be some type of sarcasm or silent hate. Needless to say, it isn't even any type of feedback...

half life 3 confirrmed.
Or this...

Back
Top Bottom