Has this changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakmoots

Terrarian
I recently acquired the Steampunker NPC in a *normal* world...

Doing this usually made the Underworld start to spawn harder enemies, but after a thorough run through I found none.

Does this no longer happen? Do I have a safer hell?

After you beat a mech boss the steampunker will show up no matter if the world is in hardmode or not this also funny enough applys to the red devils as they start spawning after a mech boss is defeated

Last edited:
Okay... thought I was clear...

I *HAVE* defeated a mech boss in this world... and the Red Devils and Lava Bats are not in my world.

I think this has changed, you can now get a Steampunker in a normal world without setting Hell to hardmode.

This is like the third topic I have done where people seem clueless that you can fight mechs in a normal world, and what impact it has.

I once got accused of cheating and hacking because I did this... seriously, wiki people...

I specifically remember that Lava Bats and Red Devils would start to spawn when mech bosses were defeated in a pre=Hardmode world. However, I just created a new world to confirm that, and it appears that it is no longer the case. No change after defeating all of the mech bosses & plantera (expected).

After that, I enabled hardmode, and then the Red Devils & Lava Bats started spawning. So yes, apparently it does now require hardmode for the new hell mobs.

I specifically remember that Lava Bats and Red Devils would start to spawn when mech bosses were defeated in a pre=Hardmode world. However, I just created a new world to confirm that, and it appears that it is no longer the case. No change after defeating all of the mech bosses & plantera (expected).

After that, I enabled hardmode, and then the Red Devils & Lava Bats started spawning. So yes, apparently it does now require hardmode for the new hell mobs.

Ah... Thank you very much for this!

I didn't know how to confirm without enabling HM in a new world... and you did all that hard work for me!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom