tModLoader Magic Storage

The ingame browser, the absoluteAquarian Mods Discord server (mentioned in my thread for Magic Storage) or the mirror site from the tModLoader Discord server.
Hopped onto my PC and not my Macbook and it works fine on the pc version.
Seem this issue is only happening on the macbook.

I've encountered a rather strange download issue with Magic Storage...

Sooo... I have a freshly installed Terraria and tModLoader through Steam. Every other mod downloads and installs perfectly through the Mod Browser... Magic Storage starts downloading but then suddenly stops and returns back to the Mod Browser where nothing is changed... Magic Storage is still offered for download... I tried restarting and retrying several times, same thing.... I've checked the tModLoader client.log file and this is what it shows:

Code:
[19:31:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/MagicStorage.tmod&tls12=y
[19:31:44] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/MagicStorage.tmod&tls12=y
[19:31:44] [21/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sqd5tkth8no61k/MagicStorage.tmod?dl=1
[19:31:44] [21/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl/0sqd5tkth8no61k/MagicStorage.tmod
[19:31:45] [21/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: https://uca52c2ead4781591cefbe56baff.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/get/Bf4zNeeu9Jq_mRUfoD03zRuOP2o8YKU4PWL_zqbbkeGug1VM1qt8hwFLrc-nMzAr9bJyEDNKOgIYkWCKSW3mf04Xpy94wiSLoI58xMD5EItubzMWSQ3Q0Gszxsw6OrpHqE7nueFQ12PgMmOQuQ_T7rls/file?dl=1#
[19:31:45] [10/ERROR] [tML]: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]
[19:31:45] [10/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.Exception: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.HandleResponse(WebResponse response, CancellationToken token)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__1(Task`1 t)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

[19:31:45] [10/ERROR] [tML]: There was a problem downloading the mod Magic Storage
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.HandleResponse(WebResponse response, CancellationToken token)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__1(Task`1 t)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

Two of my friends tried also ... So different Steam accounts + different network and all...but same problem, can't download/install, same error in client.log .... We ended up installing Magic Storage - Extra, but I still wonder why does this problem happen. Also if I copy the dropbox link from the log file into a Chrome browser it does work, it gets the file...

But as said I am more interested in the actual reason why the error happens in tModLoader Mod Browser? Is it something that should be reported to the tModLoader team?

Sooo... I have a freshly installed Terraria and tModLoader through Steam. Every other mod downloads and installs perfectly through the Mod Browser... Magic Storage starts downloading but then suddenly stops and returns back to the Mod Browser where nothing is changed... Magic Storage is still offered for download... I tried restarting and retrying several times, same thing.... I've checked the tModLoader client.log file and this is what it shows:

Code:
[19:31:44] [21/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sqd5tkth8no61k/MagicStorage.tmod?dl=1
[19:31:44] [21/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl/0sqd5tkth8no61k/MagicStorage.tmod
[19:31:45] [21/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: https://uca52c2ead4781591cefbe56baff.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/get/Bf4zNeeu9Jq_mRUfoD03zRuOP2o8YKU4PWL_zqbbkeGug1VM1qt8hwFLrc-nMzAr9bJyEDNKOgIYkWCKSW3mf04Xpy94wiSLoI58xMD5EItubzMWSQ3Q0Gszxsw6OrpHqE7nueFQ12PgMmOQuQ_T7rls/file?dl=1#
[19:31:45] [10/ERROR] [tML]: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]
System.Exception: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

[19:31:45] [10/ERROR] [tML]: There was a problem downloading the mod Magic Storage
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile[Magic Storage]

Two of my friends tried also ... So different Steam accounts + different network and all...but same problem, can't download/install, same error in client.log .... We ended up installing Magic Storage - Extra, but I still wonder why does this problem happen. Also if I copy the dropbox link from the log file into a Chrome browser it does work, it gets the file...

But as said I am more interested in the actual reason why the error happens in tModLoader Mod Browser? Is it something that should be reported to the tModLoader team?
This is an issue with tModLoader itself. Please report this issue in the tModLoader Discord server.

Code:

the problem is not only with this mod, it is with several others, if you want to download them you can go to google and download the mod directly and place it in the terraria mods folder

the problem is not only with this mod, it is with several others, if you want to download them you can go to google and download the mod directly and place it in the terraria mods folder

I've reported the issue to the tModLoader team on their GitHub.

Here: System.Exception: Could not get a proper content length for DownloadFile · Issue #2156 · tModLoader/tModLoader

Can you remember which other mods also have this issue?
It might be helpful to them if we can provide few other examples as well

Any way I could use the quick stack button for ease of access instead of needing to enter the heart, favorite items and pressing "deposit all"?
1645817905137.png

As well as accessing all the current
1645817969504.png
crafting stations inside of the magic crafting slots just by opening the inventory?

Any way I could use the quick stack button for ease of access instead of needing to enter the heart, favorite items and pressing "deposit all"?
View attachment 357409
As well as accessing all the current View attachment 357410crafting stations inside of the magic crafting slots just by opening the inventory?
As for your first question, that could be a possibility.

As for your second question, I've deliberately made it so that the inventory crafting and storage system crafting are completely separate.

Ok, thanks for the quick response!
Is there a particular reason to why they're separate? Perhaps there could be an option in a config so the
1645818282409.png
can function as a station of its own?

Ok, thanks for the quick response!
Is there a particular reason to why they're separate? Perhaps there could be an option in a config so the View attachment 357415 can function as a station of its own?
Beforehand, having stations near the crafting interface allowed for you to craft in it while using those stations. That was changed in 1.4 Magic Storage to not be the case anymore, so I wanted to keep them separate for the above as well.

I don't think I understand.
I'm new to modding and haven't played terraria since 1.3 was new, and I still use tmodloader for 1.3.5

The "1.4 Magic Storage" I was referring to is the version of Magic Storage in the tModLoader 1.4 Alpha (which you can get instructions for installing from the tModLoader Discord server).

Beforehand, having stations near the crafting interface allowed for you to craft in it while using those stations. That was changed in 1.4 Magic Storage to not be the case anymore, so I wanted to keep them separate for the above as well.
I still don't understand the wording of this statement or why you wanted to keep them separate, but I feel I am becoming a nuisance so I won't ask further.

No no, it's fine.
Basically, beforehand, if you had any crafting station (e.g. a Work Bench or Furnace) near the Crafting Interface and you opened its GUI, you'd be able to use those crafting stations in the Crafting Interface even though they aren't actually in the Crafting Interface station slots.
When porting the mod to the new 1.4 framework, I modified the code to make it so that only the crafting stations in the Crafting Interface's station slots count.

I see thank you for clarifying, but despite this, I'm still not sure if it would be possible if there were an option to stand next to the
1645819989802.png
,without opening it, and all the stations inside of the
1645820014302.png
's slots can contribute this good ol' crafting right here:

1645820163828.png

Am I doing something wrong? Nothing lead related shows up here, and goblin tinkerer items don't show up either in its respective context
1645824477278.png

Back
Top Bottom