Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This is a known issue for anyone who plays on Multiplayer Servers. Any and all changes to you character (inventory or not) will not save once you exit the server.

Setting your spawn, consuming ammo/potions, or changing your armor and accessories don't save and will revert back if you leave and re-join.

Are you saying that 100% of the time, player-side changes are not saved in multiplayer?

That sounds like too broad of a generalization for me to take it at face value; if this were the case, there should be dozens/hundreds of reports of the same cropping up all over the forums.

When did this issue start? With last week's hotfix? Is it happening to you on every server? Is there any additional context you can provide? Based on the description (which I can't reproduce on our server), this is way too little information to know how to go about tracking down a potential issue.

For sure. The main server I play on is Dark Gaming. Everyone there can attest to this bug aswell.
Every and all changes do not save. As far as I know it's been around since the release of 1.4.3.
As for why nobody has reported it in mass I have literally no idea.

Do you have any regular servers which are showing the same issues? I don't know what special plug-ins Dark Gaming uses; if it uses anything but just the vanilla server functionality, it is not necessarily a valid bug report.

It's loaded with them. However after talking to the staff there I was told this:
It's apparently something that was added by ReLogic however it IS a bug.
Screenshot (477).png

Do you have any regular servers which are showing the same issues? I don't know what special plug-ins Dark Gaming uses; if it uses anything but just the vanilla server functionality, it is not necessarily a valid bug report.
Vanilla TerrariaServer.exe servers function totally as intended.
TShock servers have had SERIOUS issues as of I think 1.4.3 (not 100%, earliest I can find us recording this is December 2021, a short while after 1.4.3) where quite simply any modifications made to the player file won't save (on TShock servers).
As far as I'm aware this is a result of TShock "using some kind of exploit" to modify the player file, as such I doubt this is a valid bug report, I don't see anything in any patch notes talking about Relogic having vehement hatred of multiplayer servers or anything silly like that, rather the way tshock worked was simply sorta backwards due to terraria being.... well, old.

I will contact one of my friends who is an experienced TShock dev and plugin creator asap to get a more proper description and post it, or just edit it into this comment in the scenario this thread is locked due to it being an invalid report.

Small Edit: I remember now after digging into it and talking with a few others, it seems to be that TShock is stuck in SSC mode for some reason as of 1.4.3 (meaning the client would stop saving changes made to the player after they left, thus reverting the character back to how it was before leaving), will update with any more small details I find, but I'm certain this isn't something ReLogic is going to concern themselves with, if I had to guess I'd assume ReLogic implemented some kind of anti-cheat where the player cannot be forced in and out of SSC modes while the player is in-game?? Or something like that haha

Proper Edit & Explanation: "When SSC is on, the player won't be saved no matter what" - Durtle, a DG & TShock Plugin Dev
This seemingly only affects servers with the Dimensions plugin, more reason this bug report is likely not to be handled properly by ReLogic

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    99.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.png
    2.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom