Single Thread RP (MOVED TO SPACEBATTLES) Destroy The Godmodder: The War Of A Thousand Universes

Should I add an extra day to post?

• Keep updating every day, I want to post as often as possible.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Update every other day, I'm having trouble getting posts in.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky High

Ice Queen
THE GAME HAS MOVED!
The Spacebattles thread can be found here.

---

Have you ever heard the tale of Godmodding?
They say that a Godmodder is a master of a universe, able to bend its laws to their whims.
They say that Godmodders are cursed to forever create their own opposition... adventurers, who crawl from the woodwork of the world to oppose the Godmodder.
But they say that there are no more Godmodders.
Unfortunately for them...

I'm still here.

Welcome to the War of a Thousand Universes! Every fictional universe has been unceremoniously crashed into each other, dropping you and your fellow players onto a plane of chaos. In the center of it all stands your opponent, a Godmodder named Aspera. He holds powerful reality-editing abilities that allow him to do anything he wants. Unfortunately for him, his power means that your characters get to do the same things. Do you have what it takes to destroy the Godmodder?

Before we begin, there are quite a few ground rules we should set.

Joining the Game
To join the game, simply post in the thread! It's open at any time to any person who wants to play. You can play as any character, as yourself, or you can be just... there! It's up to you.
When joining, you need to declare a faction. The main faction is the Anti-Godmodders, who want to kill Aspera and restore reality to its natural order.
Alternatively, some people would rather Aspera become master of all worlds. If you are one such person, you can instead join the Pro-Godmodders. The Pro-Godmodders are trying to hinder the Anti-Godmodders and strengthen Aspera.
Then there's the Neutral faction. It's not really one faction, but instead a blanket group for any player character whose motives are different, such as trying to make money, trying to elevate themselves as the main power, or even just trying to survive.

You are allowed to play as more than one character! However, you'll still only have one action total, so this is only for roleplay purposes. In addition, you can't have multiple characters on different factions. This may change at a later date (but don't count on it).

You can change your faction, but doing so will require an entire action (more on those later).

Gameplay Rules
1. You are given one action post per gameplay round. You can do as much as you want with this action, but the more you try to do with one action, the less effective you'll be at it. The main use of actions is to attack the Godmodder or his summons. Your attack can do anything you want it to, but remember that the rules in this plane of chaos might make your action less effective than you expect it to be. (In other words, don't expect your attacks to actually work.)
2. The Godmodder's reality-editing powers will go head-to-head with yours. If you want an advantage against him, you'll need to be creative. The more creative your action is, the more likely it is to succeed.
3. The Godmodder radiates a Curse of Repetitiveness. He won't be damaged by the same attack twice!
4. Although this roleplay is slightly more oriented to gameplay than roleplay, roleplay is obviously allowed. However, roleplay won't progress the game unless it's part of an action. Also, this isn't strictly necessary but it makes my job a lot easier if you tag your rp-only posts with RPNULL, so I don't have to comb through them all. If you want to roleplay with one of the characters controlled by me, such as Aspera, tag it with RPGM and I'll respond to it at the end of the gameplay round.
5. Try to keep OOC stuff in PMs. If you have a gameplay question, send me a PM and I'll respond ASAP.

Charges and Entities
1. In addition to your action every turn, you have the ability to create Charges. Charges have a length that is defined as soon as you create the charge, and you can only have one at a time.
2. A charge advances on your turn when you post an action. In addition, you may boost another person's charge by 1 once per turn.
3. When your charge completes, you may use it to summon an entity. If you don't care what that entity's stats are, I'll make them for you. Otherwise, send me a PM and we can work out the stats together.
4. As a baseline, an entity made with only one Charge has 5,000 HP and can be destroyed with half an action.
5. Don't get too attached to your entities - they will almost certainly die or otherwise fall out of your control.
6. At least for now, I'll allow you to make entities that aren't of the same faction as your player character, provided you clear it with me first.

General Etiquette
1. Forum rules and roleplay rules apply. Hopefully this is obvious.
2. Hindering another player's actions is okay, but generally you obviously shouldn't do this if you're on their team.
3. Aspera is not nice. But that said, if you think I'm being too mean as him, PLEASE tell me.
4. The goal is to have fun. Try not to actively ruin the game for others.
5. Go crazy! You can do anything.

With all of that out of the way, we can begin.

~~~~~~~~~~

Your player characters arrive at the Battlefield. It's a mess! There's a bunch of random, intersecting parts, and in the center of it all stands a masked man with a cape and a sword. The cape floats ominously in a nonexistent wind...

So the Adventurers have arrived. Let's see your skills then. Have at thee.

Battlefield:

Aspera [GM]: 50/50 HP, Godmodder

Entities:

Players:

~~~

Hey there! Future Sky High here. If you'd like to be notified of updates to this game as they go live (rather than gambling on the inconsistent notification system of the Terraria Community Forums), consider joining the Destroy the Godmodder Discord, a hub for games like this one. You'll be notified when this game updates, and you may be introduced to games with similar style to this one.

Last edited:
“Are you :red:ing kidding me? I’m transported to another stupid universe? God damnit”
Vortex falls out of the sky and lands in the field

(Well, it's been a while since I've seen a thread like this, and I've never participated in a destroy the godmodder type thing before, so I apologise in advance if I do something wrong. But hopefully reading those two previous ones that existed years ago was enough for me to have an idea of how these things work.)

=================
Niyr - Anti-Godmodders
=================

Niyr would step forward from some nearby part of the terrain that could have obscured him from view previously, and would look around to observe the current state of the battlefield, before beginning to speak to Aspera without even bothering looking at him.
"I see another has attempted to gain powers beyond their understanding. It is a shame, with patience and respect your power could be used for great deeds. However, it appears that is not to be..."

[AG]

Apparently, an unicorn-esque entity lands on the battlefield, startled by the sudden invasion of the roleplay category.
"Aspera, you thought that it would be your home turf. However, I have something to say to you. You're treading on my turf, and by doing this, you directly caused me to act. Apologies in advance before doing just this."
The light blades form all around the creature, made of telekinetic force known to the entity itself as magic. "While usually I limit my powers by weaknesses, various mishaps and other things, I am, by all accounts, a composite of all my incarnations. Even the ones that weren't born before."
The unicorn then fires the blade one by one at Aspera's torso and throat, each hitting stronger and harder, each tinted purple, but darker each time they hit the target true or miss. Each single of them would, when struck, taint the Battlefield with the darkness.
"That's just... let's say, a taste of my powers combined. And no, just because I wield dark magic doesn't mean I'm evil."

[New player: Changing Flask
Thought to be only native to Changingverse, the unicorn had spread far and wide, with multiple appearances within multiple 'universes'. The most powerful is never seen except in dire danger outside of roleplay situations, eg. godmodder attacks, writing bad posts and fixing their own errors within roleplays. Despises his first prototype self, Timon, or as he says, Tin Lemon, for being the first godmodder he had to fight and defeat, hence closing a topic on 'Attack of the Ponies'.]

---
All edits are purely for lore, never for actual actions.

Last edited:
“Are you :red:ing kidding me? I’m transported to another stupid universe? God damnit”
Vortex falls out of the sky and lands in the field
Welcome to the game! You haven't declared a faction yet... you have to do that before you can take any actions.

(Well, it's been a while since I've seen a thread like this, and I've never participated in a destroy the godmodder type thing before, so I apologise in advance if I do something wrong. But hopefully reading those two previous ones that existed years ago was enough for me to have an idea of how these things work.)

=================
Niyr - Anti-Godmodders
=================

Niyr would step forward from some nearby part of the terrain that could have obscured him from view previously, and would look around to observe the current state of the battlefield, before beginning to speak to Aspera without even bothering looking at him.
"I see another has attempted to gain powers beyond their understanding. It is a shame, with patience and respect your power could be used for great deeds. However, it appears that is not to be..."
Welcome to the game. You join the [AG] faction.

Attempted? Oh, don't take me so lightly.
I've had these powers since before your universe came into existence!
And now, I finally get a chance to use them. Not that you would understand.

[AG]

Apparently, an unicorn-esque entity lands on the battlefield, startled by the sudden invasion of the roleplay category.
"Aspera, you thought that it would be your home turf. However, I have something to say to you. You're treading on my turf, and by doing this, you directly caused me to act. Apologies in advance before doing just this."
The light blades form all around the creature, made of telekinetic force known to the entity itself as magic. "While usually I limit my powers by weaknesses, various mishaps and other things, I am, by all accounts, a composite of all my incarnations. Even the ones that weren't born before."
The unicorn then fires the blade one by one at Aspera's torso and throat, each hitting stronger and harder, each tinted purple, but darker each time they hit the target true or miss. Each single of them would, when struck, taint the Battlefield with the darkness.
"That's just... let's say, a taste of my powers combined. And no, just because I wield dark magic doesn't mean I'm evil."

[New player: Changing Flask
Thought to be only native to Changingverse, the unicorn had spread far and wide, with multiple appearances within multiple 'universes'. The most powerful is never seen except in dire danger outside of roleplay situations, eg. godmodder attacks, writing bad posts and fixing their own errors within roleplays. Despises his first prototype self, Timon, or as he says, Tin Lemon, for being the first godmodder he had to fight and defeat, hence closing a topic on 'Attack of the Ponies'.]

---
All edits are purely for lore, never for actual actions.

Welcome to the game! You join the [AG] faction.

Aspera swings his sword to counter every dagger! Rather than bouncing off, the sword absorbs the daggers, one by one, until there are none left - then he points his sword at you and fires a beam of combined light and darkness, sending you flying!

~~~

Aspera laughs after countering the first attack against him.

I see we're getting right to the punch on this.
Fine then. Let's see how you like some OPPOSITION!

Aspera waves his loose hand and a portal opens in the sky, dropping two very confused Jammed Bullet Kin onto the battlefield. Then, Aspera squeezes his hand, and the Bullet Kin rattle as they turn from red to a sickly black, becoming double-jammed!

Battlefield:

Entities:

Double-Jammed Bullet Kin [PG](x2): HP: 20,000/20,000(x2), Attack: 10,000(x2)

Players:
LapisLazuli': Vortex [AG]
Dragonwolf73: Niyr [AG]
Firewing: Changing Flask [AG]

Last edited:
“Does anyone know what in the actual cinnamon toast :red: is going on here? I’m supposed to be taking down Swassina at the moment“
Vortex would pull out his SAW LMG and just kinda hold it, waiting for something to happen
(Mind you, he’s like an 8ft tall Dragocian)

"There are those who have come before you, and they have all eventually been defeated. As will all those who come after you. Such is the way the universe works."
Niyr would fly up and hover over one of the Bullet Kin, and then proceed to swoop down and attempt to grab one and drag it along the ground, before sharply pulling up and letting go of it.

[AG]
The equine lands, not discomforted in any way, only dusting itself off after a rough landing. "I know much about the kind like you. As I said, this is just a taste of my power. Coming from the universe where the opposition didn't attack at the first moment, I think it's clear that if we all had to charge thrice over or otherwise not attack, you'd force us tauntingly."
As the unicorn speaks, the other Bullet Kin would be grabbed with telekinetic force and smashed into the one Nyir had just grabbed, dragged on the ground and thrown. It's not a normal throw; the unicorn also enchants the Bullet Kin with magnetic force enough to pull the other Bullet Kin with such a force that the affected would ram into the emitter with a force comparable to a large atomic bomb.

The unicorn chuckles a bit, seeing their deed. But he does not stop there. If he could recreate something from the failed session from somewhere. Something denied to him due to a random omnipotent being becoming too tired of maintaining the world.
It's Adam Taurus. [1/10] Or rather, it will be, as the portal spell is getting written by the equine itself.

“Does anyone know what in the actual cinnamon toast :red: is going on here? I’m supposed to be taking down Swassina at the moment“
Vortex would pull out his SAW LMG and just kinda hold it, waiting for something to happen
(Mind you, he’s like an 8ft tall Dragocian)
One of the Double-Jammed Bullet Kin shoots the LMG out of your hand!

"There are those who have come before you, and they have all eventually been defeated. As will all those who come after you. Such is the way the universe works."
Niyr would fly up and hover over one of the Bullet Kin, and then proceed to swoop down and attempt to grab one and drag it along the ground, before sharply pulling up and letting go of it.
Aspera chuckles at your taunt but says nothing.

You deal 10,000 damage!

[AG]
The equine lands, not discomforted in any way, only dusting itself off after a rough landing. "I know much about the kind like you. As I said, this is just a taste of my power. Coming from the universe where the opposition didn't attack at the first moment, I think it's clear that if we all had to charge thrice over or otherwise not attack, you'd force us tauntingly."
As the unicorn speaks, the other Bullet Kin would be grabbed with telekinetic force and smashed into the one Nyir had just grabbed, dragged on the ground and thrown. It's not a normal throw; the unicorn also enchants the Bullet Kin with magnetic force enough to pull the other Bullet Kin with such a force that the affected would ram into the emitter with a force comparable to a large atomic bomb.

The unicorn chuckles a bit, seeing their deed. But he does not stop there. If he could recreate something from the failed session from somewhere. Something denied to him due to a random omnipotent being becoming too tired of maintaining the world.
It's Adam Taurus. [1/10] Or rather, it will be, as the portal spell is getting written by the equine itself.
There's a very large explosion! You deal 6,000 damage to both Double-Jammed Bullet Kin.

~~~

Because the Double-Jammed Bullet Kin can't hurt you, they go in search of someone they can hurt. Nearby, a crewmate is struggling from the ruins of a ship bound for the Skeld. It looks like it was crushed by a big rock. Could it be a potential ally against the Godmodder?

Battlefield:

Entities:

Red Crewmate [?]: HP: 5,000/25,000, can do tasks

Double-Jammed Bullet Kin [PG](x2): HP: 4,000/20,000(x1), 14,000/20,000(x1), Attack: 10,000(x2)

Players:

"Usually I give the cosmonauts a pass, but this time, I think they can be of some use." The unicorn thinks about a way to get the Red Crewmate out of trouble, while thinking of a magic that could hurt the Double-Jammed Bullet Kin. And he finds... the legendary Crippler Gun Spell. Which is actually just an endless, glorified stunlock. However, this wasn't what he meant. He then uses the trick to slam the DJBKin #2 across the battlefield with extreme prejudice.
"Gives me some memories back. Ey, somepony should go and rescue mister R."

The spell to summon Adam Taurus is being written [2/10]

Niyr would just level out and hover about ten metres off of the ground after his attack, and then turns his sights on whichever Bullet Kin Flask doesn't attack, and would swoop down tp pick it up again, but this time would fly right back up again instead of dragging it. He'd then fly over and attempt to drop it on Aspera.

"Usually I give the cosmonauts a pass, but this time, I think they can be of some use." The unicorn thinks about a way to get the Red Crewmate out of trouble, while thinking of a magic that could hurt the Double-Jammed Bullet Kin. And he finds... the legendary Crippler Gun Spell. Which is actually just an endless, glorified stunlock. However, this wasn't what he meant. He then uses the trick to slam the DJBKin #2 across the battlefield with extreme prejudice.
"Gives me some memories back. Ey, somepony should go and rescue mister R."

The spell to summon Adam Taurus is being written [2/10]
You deal 11,000 damage to the Double-Jammed Bullet Kin free the Red Crewmate from the wreckage. As thanks it follows you around for a while.

Red Crewmate is now [AG]!

Niyr would just level out and hover about ten metres off of the ground after his attack, and then turns his sights on whichever Bullet Kin Flask doesn't attack, and would swoop down tp pick it up again, but this time would fly right back up again instead of dragging it. He'd then fly over and attempt to drop it on Aspera.

You drop the remaining Double-Jammed Bullet Kin on Aspera. He sidesteps, but you destroy it and the other Double-Jammed Bullet Kin.

Did you really think that would work? Please.

~~~

Aspera looks around and notices that both of the Double-Jammed Bullet Kin have died.

So you're at least able to fend for yourselves well enough.
But tell me, do you think you can fight against me?

Aspera extends his arms in challenge. Can you land a hit on him?

Battlefield:

Entities:

Red Crewmate [AG]: HP: 5,000/25,000, can do tasks

Players:

Vortex had never seen such bull:red: before
He picks his gun back up, takes out some explosives, and flies over the godmodder and attaches some to them and blows it to smithereens

"Your arrogance will be your downfall, just like every Godmodder before and after you." The equine silently orders Red Crewmate to 'find medical supplies', while it menacingly approaches Aspera.
"Did you really think we would just keep charging and giving you no opposition, too busy summoning our entities to flood the battlefield?

Did you think that the field was free from Descendants? Well, I am one. And let me tell you something. I had experience fighting ones before you. And I will carry on fighting ones after you." The horn glows red, as Flask appears to be chanting something. Then it happens. Aspera would be hit with many visions of failure and defeat. Many of which would be caused by beings outside of battlefield for now. "Your fear is the change from ruling everything to ruling absolutely nothing. I can see that." The unicorn gets a hiccup all of sudden, and a silly hammer bonks Aspera's head. Then again. And again. It would keep annoying Aspera, while the equine quickly drops the edgy topic. "Actually, how about a short trivia? What is Aspera plus hammer? Beep! Time's up!" Then a larger, alarm clock falls out of the portal, and smashes into her, with it bouncing off repeatedly and ringing with more annoyance before. Then a literal trumpet falls and doots with enough force it would burst Aspera's ears. Not Flasks, he wears some headphones for some reason.

"Huh, the portal appears to be promising. Let me fetch the coordinates of planet Remnant." The equine appears to be looking for a computer to look at the data. [3/10]

It also appears to give a tip to Nyir and Vortax. "Next action, try following my hoofsteps and do a charge of your own. In fact, I'll give one of you some support." [+1 Dragonwolf73/Niyr]

Last edited:
Niyr would decide to stay back this round and merely look around the battlefield to see what the environment is like, such as if it's a forest, a beach, a desert, a swamp, etc.

Also, going to put that charge from Flask into an as of yet undecided use. [1/20]

Vortex had never seen such bull:red: before
He picks his gun back up, takes out some explosives, and flies over the godmodder and attaches some to them and blows it to smithereens
Aspera intercepts the explosives using a blast-proof shield!

You're going to have to try harder than that!

"Your arrogance will be your downfall, just like every Godmodder before and after you." The equine silently orders Red Crewmate to 'find medical supplies', while it menacingly approaches Aspera.
"Did you really think we would just keep charging and giving you no opposition, too busy summoning our entities to flood the battlefield?

Did you think that the field was free from Descendants? Well, I am one. And let me tell you something. I had experience fighting ones before you. And I will carry on fighting ones after you." The horn glows red, as Flask appears to be chanting something. Then it happens. Aspera would be hit with many visions of failure and defeat. Many of which would be caused by beings outside of battlefield for now. "Your fear is the change from ruling everything to ruling absolutely nothing. I can see that." The unicorn gets a hiccup all of sudden, and a silly hammer bonks Aspera's head. Then again. And again. It would keep annoying Aspera, while the equine quickly drops the edgy topic. "Actually, how about a short trivia? What is Aspera plus hammer? Beep! Time's up!" Then a larger, alarm clock falls out of the portal, and smashes into her, with it bouncing off repeatedly and ringing with more annoyance before. Then a literal trumpet falls and doots with enough force it would burst Aspera's ears. Not Flasks, he wears some headphones for some reason.

"Huh, the portal appears to be promising. Let me fetch the coordinates of planet Remnant." The equine appears to be looking for a computer to look at the data. [3/10]

It also appears to give a tip to Nyir and Vortax. "Next action, try following my hoofsteps and do a charge of your own. In fact, I'll give one of you some support." [+1 Dragonwolf73/Niyr]
You give orders to the Red Crewmate!

Before you can finish your spell, Aspera throws his sword at you. It goes through your chest and you can feel your magic being suppressed.

No, no, no. Now is not the time for TRAGEDY.
Did you really think I would be willing to let you just pull off that attack?
Hmph. I'm smarter than that -

Aspera is interrupted by the alarm clock crushing him! He takes 1 damage!

Hmph. To have my first loss of HP be from a clock of all things...

Niyr would decide to stay back this round and merely look around the battlefield to see what the environment is like, such as if it's a forest, a beach, a desert, a swamp, etc.

Also, going to put that charge from Flask into an as of yet undecided use. [1/20]
From what you can tell, the battlefield is an inharmonious combination of various terrains. You can see a dungeon floor, a grassy hill, a sandy desert, the floor of a warehouse... and that's just in the nearby area. It looks like this extends infinitely.... just what is this place?

~~~

The Red Crewmate goes looking for medical supplies. Major success! It heals to full health and its max health increases by 5,000.

The Red Crewmate gets the attention of the Anti-Godmodders. Apparently, it wants to find the rest of its crew. This is optional, but do you have anything better to do?

Itinerary:
AG: Destroy Aspera!
AG: Help the Red Crewmate find his cohorts!

N: Seek out your personal objectives.
PG: Protect Aspera!

Battlefield:

Aspera [GM]: 49/50 HP, Godmodder

Entities:

Red Crewmate [AG]: HP: 30,000/30,000, can do tasks

Players:

Back
Top Bottom