tModLoader Metroid Mod

so found a few bugs in the .4 version, at first for some reason I couldn't mine the phazon meteor even with the nova drill but suddenly works now. Also After fighting the omega pirate without breaking the phazon meteor spreading the phazon, it just breaks enemy spawns so they don't spawn anymore (spawned in his boss item). After I broke the phazon meteor ( for some reason now worked) enemies started spawning again
Edit: NEVER:red:ING MIND apparently they only spawn near the meteor at night sometimes now which made me think it was fixed

Edit 2: I just downgraded back to .3 and that fixed it, I suggest either not upgrading to .4 or not beating omega pirate otherwise your game's spawns will break
Edit 3: Also just realized, the regular beam shots in .4 are either broken or nerfed to hell because it was still like 21 damage regularly if you had all the V2 beams with nova beam, and after downgrading to .3 my beam does alot more damage regularly now and can actually use it for regular enemies again
yeah, noticed that too. enemy spawns break when torizo is spawned as well

Wrote this in the Discord awhile ago:
Today is a special day. I wanted to do something for this occasion, but never got around to it.

It's been 10 years since the original tConfig release of the Metroid Mod. Obviously not all that time was spent purely on the development of this project, but it's... kinda mind blowing that I did my best to stick with it all this time.

I want to thank all of you guys for everything. This community is amazing, and frankly, I'm often unsure if I deserve all the praise. Guess that just makes you guys all the more awesome. I'm gonna try my best to continue development of this mod (I hope no one took the April Fools announcement seriously lol). Lately I've been procrastinating a lot, on top of real life stepping in from time to time.

We're probably going to move into 1.4 overtime, so stay tuned for that. And again, thank you, @everyone, for being amazing, and I hope you all have a nice holiday.

firefox_2022-04-17_11-15-35 - Copy.png

For those unaware, moving to 1.4 will be a slow and tedious process, so please be patient about that. The next mini update (2.1.0.4) has been sitting in the github for some time and is only now finally ready to be released, tomorrow, after a little bit of testing. Afterwards, I'll be working on the first large-scale update for this mod: version 2.1.1 - Power Suit Overhaul. Whether this update will still be for 1.3 or will move us into 1.4 is still to be determined. After that will be 2.1.2 - Space Pirate Update, followed by 2.2 - Prime Update. By this point we should definitely be in 1.4 territory.

For those unaware, moving to 1.4 will be a slow and tedious process, so please be patient about that. The next mini update (2.1.0.4) has been sitting in the github for some time and is only now finally ready to be released, tomorrow, after a little bit of testing. Afterwards, I'll be working on the first large-scale update for this mod: version 2.1.1 - Power Suit Overhaul. Whether this update will still be for 1.3 or will move us into 1.4 is still to be determined. After that will be 2.1.2 - Space Pirate Update, followed by 2.2 - Prime Update. By this point we should definitely be in 1.4 territory.
That's amazing! It's incredible how far this mod has come!
I don't have too much experience with 1.4 TModloader yet, but I'd gladly learn and help porting the mod over, as well as with other issues coming up!

Update 2.1.0.4

Additions:
  • Added Weapon Breakable Blocks! These function like the Actuator mechanism and give tiles special 'destroyable' properties.
    Note: They are currently unobtainable for the time being until they are implemented via balanced recipes and/or world gen structures. Map creators will need a cheat menu to make use of them.
  • Added Chozite Wrench and Chozite Wire Cutters. These knew tools help with the new breakable blocks.
    The cutters can destroy placed blocks, while the wrench can toggle a block's ability to 'respawn'. They can be crafted via vanilla Wrench/Wire Cutter + Chozite Bars.
  • Added Hunter Emblem: +15% Hunter Damage. It drops from the Wall of Flesh upon defeat, alongside a vanilla emblem.
  • Added 'Ancient Vanity Pack' treasure bags that are sold by the Chozo Ghost town NPC. Right click these packs in your inventory to receive the ancient variants of the armor sets.

Changes:
  • The Chozo Ghost town NPC now spawns from the Torizo upon defeat. This should allow access to him quicker without needing to wait for other vanilla NPCs to move in.
  • Wall Jumping has been reworked. The player can no longer slide down walls without Climbing Claws or its variants, but the jump mechanic still remains.
    Players can also perform a 'traditional' Metroid wall jump (press away + jump) to launch themselves further from a wall than normal.
  • Shine Sparking downward is now possible. This means Shine Spark can launch you in all 8 cardinal directions.
  • Hatches now auto close after 10 seconds.
  • Added config options to enable dragging/moving the various added UIs (Power Beam, Missile Launcher, and Morph Ball addon menus, plus Sense Move button).
    Note: Their positions currently do not save, meaning they'll get reset upon reloading the game.
  • Missile Expansions now show up on the Metal Detector (shares priority with Life Crystals).
  • Energy Recharge Stations now also replenish Reserve Tank HP.
  • Added tooltip line to Energy Recharge Stations: "Unobtainable. Intended for adventure map creators." This should help alleviate confusion.

Fixes:
  • Fixed Serris crashing in 64bit tModLoader!
  • Hatches now count as housing for town NPCs!
    Note: They still do not count as housing for setting the player's spawn point on a bed. This is being looked into.
  • Fixed Missile ammo pickups not being pulled in if the player's inventory was full.
  • Several fixes for the Idle (Golden) Torizo Statue(s). The Torizo should no longer awaken prematurely. Also removed its icon from the housing list.
  • Fixed X-Ray Scope unintentionally making a bigger light when the lighting mode was set to 'Retro' or 'Trippy'.
  • Fixed weird mod incompatibility involving alt-weapon functions. Most notably affected the Gensokyo Mod.
  • Fixed Nova Laser SFX being unaffected by volume slider.
  • (Possibly) Fixed issue with the Morph Ball Drills in multiplayer (needs testing).

Special Thanks:
Big thanks to Sigmund Froid for contributing the destroyable blocks, auto-closing hatches, and bug fix for hatches and NPC housing!
Also thanks to AmiableMarker65/Dark Samus 7² (github/Discord name) for their various contributions and bugfixes, notably the moveable UI feature!

Edit:
Update 2.1.0.5 (hotfix)

Additions:
  • The Chozo Ghost town NPC will now sell Missile Expansions for 15 gold during Blood Moons on hard-mode.

Last edited:
this mod is amazing and works well with calamity. you can use bendezuim and aether as crafting matearals for the dark/ light suits if you havnt figored out any thing elts for forging them

I forgot to mention this pre-update, but I've noticed shinesparking is a bit of a problem when it comes to boss arenas when I want to descend platforms. Perhaps add a shinespark toggle like for the charge attack?

I was browsing the modlist and came across "The Stars Above" and noticed its dependency of "SubworldLibrary". It looks like it might be a great dependency for your mod as it would allow implementation of the various space stations, moons, and planets.

Update 2.1.0.4

Additions:
  • Added Weapon Breakable Blocks! These function like the Actuator mechanism and give tiles special 'destroyable' properties.
    Note: They are currently unobtainable for the time being until they are implemented via balanced recipes and/or world gen structures. Map creators will need a cheat menu to make use of them.
  • Added Chozite Wrench and Chozite Wire Cutters. These knew tools help with the new breakable blocks.
    The cutters can destroy placed blocks, while the wrench can toggle a block's ability to 'respawn'. They can be crafted via vanilla Wrench/Wire Cutter + Chozite Bars.
  • Added Hunter Emblem: +15% Hunter Damage. It drops from the Wall of Flesh upon defeat, alongside a vanilla emblem.
  • Added 'Ancient Vanity Pack' treasure bags that are sold by the Chozo Ghost town NPC. Right click these packs in your inventory to receive the ancient variants of the armor sets.

Changes:
  • The Chozo Ghost town NPC now spawns from the Torizo upon defeat. This should allow access to him quicker without needing to wait for other vanilla NPCs to move in.
  • Wall Jumping has been reworked. The player can no longer slide down walls without Climbing Claws or its variants, but the jump mechanic still remains.
    Players can also perform a 'traditional' Metroid wall jump (press away + jump) to launch themselves further from a wall than normal.
  • Shine Sparking downward is now possible. This means Shine Spark can launch you in all 8 cardinal directions.
  • Hatches now auto close after 10 seconds.
  • Added config options to enable dragging/moving the various added UIs (Power Beam, Missile Launcher, and Morph Ball addon menus, plus Sense Move button).
    Note: Their positions currently do not save, meaning they'll get reset upon reloading the game.
  • Missile Expansions now show up on the Metal Detector (shares priority with Life Crystals).
  • Energy Recharge Stations now also replenish Reserve Tank HP.
  • Added tooltip line to Energy Recharge Stations: "Unobtainable. Intended for adventure map creators." This should help alleviate confusion.

Fixes:
  • Fixed Serris crashing in 64bit tModLoader!
  • Hatches now count as housing for town NPCs!
    Note: They still do not count as housing for setting the player's spawn point on a bed. This is being looked into.
  • Fixed Missile ammo pickups not being pulled in if the player's inventory was full.
  • Several fixes for the Idle (Golden) Torizo Statue(s). The Torizo should no longer awaken prematurely. Also removed its icon from the housing list.
  • Fixed X-Ray Scope unintentionally making a bigger light when the lighting mode was set to 'Retro' or 'Trippy'.
  • Fixed weird mod incompatibility involving alt-weapon functions. Most notably affected the Gensokyo Mod.
  • Fixed Nova Laser SFX being unaffected by volume slider.
  • (Possibly) Fixed issue with the Morph Ball Drills in multiplayer (needs testing).

Special Thanks:
Big thanks to Sigmund Froid for contributing the destroyable blocks, auto-closing hatches, and bug fix for hatches and NPC housing!
Also thanks to AmiableMarker65/Dark Samus 7² (github/Discord name) for their various contributions and bugfixes, notably the moveable UI feature!

Edit:
Update 2.1.0.5 (hotfix)

Additions:
  • The Chozo Ghost town NPC will now sell Missile Expansions for 15 gold during Blood Moons on hard-mode.
Question: When 1.4 comes out. Where will the Chozo Ghost's favorite and hated Biome and favorite and hated NPCs?

i reeeeallly like this mod, it looks really great!, i've been having some issues with other mods and haven't seen all it has to offer, however i have one recommendation that maybe won't benefit many people, could you make hunter damage compatible with any of the main 5 damage types? i like to use rpg mods with leveling systems, and i noticed that hunter damage isn't increased by melee, ranged, magic, summon or throwing %damage-ups, but it is increased by %damage-ups given by accesories and probably other armors
In calamity rogue damage is affected by throwing related damage-ups, could you make it so that hunter damage can be increased by specific %damage-ups as well? it'd make sense if it was increased by ranged damage-ups, or maybe throwing damage-ups(?) since vanilla terraria doesn't have many items that increase this type of damage

Question: When 1.4 comes out. Where will the Chozo Ghost's favorite and hated Biome and favorite and hated NPCs?
ooh, maybe have the dungeon as a favorite biome (since ghosts and other undead call the dungeon home) and maybe the witch doctor as a loved npc

Having some trouble placing hatches vertically! I know it says to right click in order to place it like that, but I've tried that multiple times at this point, and nothing's working!:eek::confused: I've tried right clicking with and without a grapple equipped, I've disabled my Dual Wielding mod, I've taken a single hatch out of a stack and tried right-clicking it within my inventory like treasure bag, I've tried right clicking on my hotbar, I've tried just randomly right clicking to see if placement modes would toggle between clicks, I've tried hammer a placed hatch to rotate it! Nothing works! Please help!

Last edited:
Not too big on modded, but this mod is near perfection. A bit on the powerful side for normal mode, but I will probably use it for expert in the future. However, I found the power-scaling very exciting. It *felt* like metroid, and that should be saying something. Really hope the transition to 1.4 goes well, this mod goes above and beyond to be both mechanically and visually striking.

I think that the extent of player choice is a bit hindered for a Terraria mod, though. I wish the freedom of post-ML were a feature for all of progression. Plenty of morphball bomb iterations to counter this point, although none of them felt especially useful. I think this is where a bit more liberties could be taken. More (perhaps non-canon) alternatives to upgrades like the wave or ice beam could serve to give the hunter class more depth in the way that dart guns or flails give their respective classes more mileage without flat stat increases.
I'm just posting my initial thoughts here, I apologize if these discussions have already been had.

Fantastic mod, 10/10 from me.

Back
Top Bottom