Items Lesser Recall Potions and tweeks [Sprites]

Yes?

• Total voters

MiltVala

Plantera
Lesser Recall potions.png

Recall_Potion.png

We all know these right? One of the most useful potions early game if RNG is screwing with you.

The problem is, they are a bit too expensive to craft at early game. Fishing isn't exactly an ideal way to get material for a simple utility potion at early game. Let alone fishing in the cavern layer. I'm supposing a new potion to fill that early game utility role, and buffing the regular.

lesser recall potion.png

Lesser Recall potion

Type: potion
Max stack: 30
Rarity:
Rarity_color_0.png

Use time: 120
Tooltip: teleports you home

Crafted with:
Bottled_Water.png
Mushroom.png
Fallen_Star.png

crafts two

Bottle_%28crafting_station%29.png

at an alchemy station

Sounds simple enough? As you can see, they are really slow, taking a whole two seconds long to use. These would be much cheaper to make and would replace recall potions as pot loot and can be found in surface chests like their better counterpart.

Now for my supposed buff to the original

Recall_Potion.png

Recall potion

Type: potion
Max stack: 30
Rarity:
Rarity_color_1.png

Use time: 15
Tooltip: teleports you to a valid spawn point

Crafted with:
Bottled_Water.png
Specular_Fish.png
Deathweed.png
Fallen_Star.png

Bottle_%28crafting_station%29.png

at an alchemy station

Remember the new worm hole potion? The one that allows you to teleport to any player? Well this works like that, but it will teleport you to the 4 nearest possible spawn locations. Right clicking the potion would open up a mini map, clicking one of your spawn points (which would be marked with an icon) would teleport you there. To prevent abuse, only the four closest spawn points to your current location would be viable for teleportation. Left clicking on the potion normally would teleport you to your normal spawn point like usual.

Alternate idea: The three most recently used spawn points will be marked on the map as wellas the original spawn point.

To compensate the new added utility, I added the fallen star to the crafting recipe and Specular fish would be made a 1:5 catch chance rather than the current 1:4.

Sounds good? Yes? No?

Leave comments and feedback!
index.php

Code for banner
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/lesser-recall-potions-and-tweeks-sprites.9171/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/lesser-recall-potions-png.28323/[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
I never used those potions regullary (normally i just wait until i get the mirror or die) but it's a good sugestion for me :D
(Because they are very useful at the begining and it take some time to find the magic mirror) i support!! ;)

The sarcastic phrase of @Razor Knight 'when something is broken, fix it with a sledgehammer' has a whole new meaning when its one of milts threads. Good job! Its nice to see a use for that potion after magic mirrors.
One question though:
Is the item spawnrate in chests affected? Will lesser ones also spawn in chests?
OK. Yes I know that was actually two questions.

The sarcastic phrase of @Razor Knight 'when something is broken, fix it with a sledgehammer' has a whole new meaning when its one of milts threads. Good job! Its nice to see a use for that potion after magic mirrors.
One question though:
Is the item spawnrate in chests affected? Will lesser ones also spawn in chests?
OK. Yes I know that was actually two questions.
Supposedly, the lesser would be part of the loot in surface chests and underground chests, while the regular would be found in cavern layer gold chests. So probably not? :s

They are not actually listed on the wiki <.<

Last edited:
I really like the idea for single player, it's very awesome. But.. servers, especially where players prefer private areas for a structure. It'd be chaos in days, and pvp could be a problem.. and as far I know, a server tried banning teleportation potions, but it is usable.

Perhaps, nerf it?

I was thinking, why not make it so you can set a bookmark teleportation spot and use the recall potion to go to that spawnpoint, and what makes it better is that you can multiple bookmarks.

I really like the idea for single player, it's very awesome. But.. servers, especially where players prefer private areas for a structure. It'd be chaos in days, and pvp could be a problem.. and as far I know, a server tried banning teleportation potions, but it is usable.

Perhaps, nerf it?

I was thinking, why not make it so you can set a bookmark teleportation spot and use the recall potion to go to that spawnpoint, and what makes it better is that you can multiple bookmarks.
I haven't thought anything at a pvp perspective so yeah...

The bookmark thing would probably still mess with pvp though so I don't really have a good answer or solution. How about the 3 most recently used spawn points and the original.

I haven't thought anything at a pvp perspective so yeah...

The bookmark thing would probably still mess with pvp though so I don't really have a good answer or solution. How about the 3 most recently used spawn points and the original.
If find that better, but setting bookmarks in pvp is a hassle without hacks, or high rank server permissions if the server allows it.

But that seems quite fair.

+9(repeated)

Hmm, I'd rather see an easier recipe for the regular potions. They're useless after finding a mirror and if these were implemented then there'd be two useless potions after finding a mirror. :)
I definitely think that the recipe should be something really easy so people have the time and a reason to create more of them before finding their first mirror.

Hmm, I'd rather see an easier recipe for the regular potions. They're useless after finding a mirror and if these were implemented then there'd be two useless potions after finding a mirror. :)
I definitely think that the recipe should be something really easy so people have the time and a reason to create more of them before finding their first mirror.
What I was going for in the buffed version was a relatively cheap and controllable teleportation type potion that would get you across the world wherever you have a bed without having to wire a teleporter. With an extra bonus of not needing a central huband being usable while travelling. I may remove the fallen star requirement though.

The lesser one is actually meant to become relatively useless. Similar to how the current ones are and lesser healing potions become useless early on, and later, regular healing potions as well.

Well, this may be really random, but I really like this idea, so I made a 1.3 styled Potion Sprite for the Lesser Recall Potion. What do you think? Hope you like it :D
Lesser Recall Potion.png

Back
Top Bottom