Terraria State of the Game - May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImJTtFD.gif
So is it fair to asume that there's now a hammer option for the DC unit?

While this news seems good, there's one part that makes me unhappy in my opinion (don't get angry at me for this)...

I'm not a fan of the 1.4 TModloader being made the default version, I'm that one guy who plays with a big content mod like Calamity or Thorium, and considering how most if not all content mods are yet to be made 1.4 compatible, 1.4 TModloader doesn't exist in my eyes yet, I can't really find satisfaction from playing TModloader with nothing but alot of Quality of Life mods as nothing new is added to the game, so in my opinion, the 1.4 version becoming the default version of TModloader just seems unnecessary in my opinion as I find the experience of playing with JUST Quality of Life mods too similar to vanilla Terraria due to no new bosses, enemies, items or biomes being added, besides, 1.4 TModloader technically isn't in its full release.

but this isn't just a rant, everything else was pretty good, mainly the Town Slimes and the ability to place down life crystals and mana crystals as I can see a few adventure maps where you have to collect a mana crystal by breaking it instead of taking one from a chest.

I'm not a fan of the 1.4 TModloader being made the default version, I'm that one guy who plays with a big content mod like Calamity or Thorium, and considering how most if not all content mods are yet to be made 1.4 compatible, 1.4 TModloader doesn't exist in my eyes yet, I can't really find satisfaction from playing TModloader with nothing but alot of Quality of Life mods as nothing new is added to the game, so in my opinion, the 1.4 version becoming the default version of TModloader just seems unnecessary in my opinion as I find the experience of playing with JUST Quality of Life mods too similar to vanilla Terraria due to no new bosses, enemies, items or biomes being added, besides, 1.4 TModloader technically isn't in its full release.
You can still just turn it back to 1.3 though

While this news seems good, there's one part that makes me unhappy in my opinion (don't get angry at me for this)...

but this isn't just a rant, everything else was pretty good, mainly the Town Slimes and the ability to place down life crystals and mana crystals as I can see a few adventure maps where you have to collect a mana crystal by breaking it instead of taking one from a chest.
I think it might be a way to get the 1.4 thing at the more stable side and all, and also it might help with mods from 1.3 be 100% sure they are able to move to 1.4 without problems that the unstable ones have.
Dunno though, I’m not all tech savvy so please take my words with a 1 billionth of a grain of salt.

Dear developers, please, add some kind of decorative device that would emit a ray of magical energy into the sky to a great height (up to space). So that its color would be determined by a large gem inserted into it, and the part where the light comes from would glow like an activated stand with an eternia crystal. I also ask you to add the ability to build and install various ground and ceiling stalactites, like those that we meet on the surface and in caves/dungeons. Or maybe giant crystals that would be collected from a pile of crystal shards. And also add the ability to color water and honey in different colors. For example in dark or black color

Ok, first off, wicked, I love the updates you provided Loki, I am glad it's going well I'm not surprised we don't have a release date yet which was kinda saddening, but hey it's fine, no rush, tmodloader moving into 1.4 so that the development cycle is wicked, I will defo have to start playing tmodloader again, the dcu being able to mining walls too will be very handy, thanks for that, and I like the preview for the lol update for console/mobile. Next, well done for almost selling 45 million copies of the game, does that also include the old gen console inlcuded back when that was being sold? *shrugs, that said I am not in a rush for the update on pc or console or mobile, and the moon lord spawning quicker is nice but that does also mean less time to prepare but honestly i think 60 secs was too long anyway to wait, since I'm naturally an impatient and antsy person so I welcome the change. And Chicken Bones, huh I rememebr that dude, back in the olden days of modded MineCraft I used to use his mods a lot on the really old modpacks, but I hope he can also use his knowledge to help improve TModLoader.

Can developers can add piano sounds to the appropriate furniture?(Since they managed to add them to the reels) And add a long sound to each type of guitars and guitar axe instead of an auto attack (because it is not a weapon) to hold the lmb instead of repeating one short sound?(like real guitars). And make the guitar axe louder.

Last edited:
I do hope the coral furniture is inspiring some addition to the oceans. I always have an ocean town in my runs so a more dynamic biome would be a huge boon for me based on how I play. It's always been that and new secret seeds as my number 1 hopes, though at least we know we're getting stuff with the latter.

Okay the little slimes moving into town have to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. The amount of time that I stared at that gif if borderline creepy. Or just... yanno...creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom