tModLoader The Thorium Mod

my thorium crashed with this error
[19:27:48] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Expected resource not found:
Projectiles/Healer/MarrowScepter_Glow
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placement error?)
Projectiles/Healer/MarrowScepterPro

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at ThoriumMod.ThoriumPlayer.DrawOrbital(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo, Boolean front)
at ThoriumMod.ThoriumPlayer.OrbitalBackDraw(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo)
at Terraria.ModLoader.DrawLayer`1.Draw(InfoType& drawInfo)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayers()
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

what can i do to fix this?

Hey, has anyone been having issues with the Christmas/Halloween Center stations? The wiki doesn't list any requirements for them, nor does the tooltip, but they just...won't turn on. At least, not in my single player worlds. On my friend's multiplayer world, they at least visually activate, but there still aren't any seasonal drops, nor do enemies become their seasonal variants. Not sure if this is an issue with Thorium, the UberDanger modpack my friend is using (plus Banner Bonanza and MoreAccessories+), or with the 64bit tModloader that's required to play it.

Hey, has anyone been having issues with the Christmas/Halloween Center stations? The wiki doesn't list any requirements for them, nor does the tooltip, but they just...won't turn on. At least, not in my single player worlds. On my friend's multiplayer world, they at least visually activate, but there still aren't any seasonal drops, nor do enemies become their seasonal variants. Not sure if this is an issue with Thorium, the UberDanger modpack my friend is using (plus Banner Bonanza and MoreAccessories+), or with the 64bit tModloader that's required to play it.
I've heard it's an issue with Fargos since they go about holidays in a specific way that messes with the holiday stations.

Okay, so looking at the changelog, one thing really bothers me.

1654898877751.png

Wasn't the whole point of having the quick eat key in the first place to make it worthwhile to use the Cook's food? I distinctly remember it being a thing that those items were inconvenient to use, and being able to pop them at the push of their own dedicated button like you can with buff and healing potions gave an incentive to actually buy them. Also, not all buffs are equal in use, so making them all the same duration seems...poorly thought out. Vanilla potions don't work like that, and for good reason. Not to mention making it where the Cook's food can't be used in combat when the buffs already didn't last as long as potions, and are now going to be even shorter for all but a couple of them? Both their unique buffs and Well Fed buffs were always shorter than Vanilla consumables to begin with, which felt justified by them doing multiple things at once. However, if you can't pop them when you need them, then those shorter durations beg the question of why you wouldn't just use a Vanilla potion instead, to get the buff for longer and not need to plan ahead on when you get it. Not to mention, not being able to eat in combat makes the healing aspect of the Cook's Food almost useless. Why not just remove the Cook entirely, at this point? It feels like it would be much better to leave these values alone, leave in the Quick Eat key, and either adjust the duration of the Full Stomach debuff, make it so that you can't drink potion on a full stomach and can't eat food while feeling potion sick (still separate debuffs so that Philosopher's Stone doesn't effect food, and opening up the possibility for a similar accessory for food, maybe with a combined accessory that does both), or both changing the duration of Full Stomach, and making it so Full Stomach prevents drinking, and Potion Sickness prevents eating.

EDIT: Another variable that could be tweaked is the amount of work needed to obtain the Cook's food. Suppose, for instance, that he didn't take gold for anything but the manual use foods. For any of the "advanced" foods that you unlock, you must pay the cook in the necessary ingredient. Mean n' Green Stew will always require having Green Mushrooms on-hand, Mana Delight can only be bought with Mana Berries, getting more Chai Tea means going on a hunt for Living Leaves, etc... In that way, the balance can't be as easily broken, because getting more isn't as simple as finding a way to farm gold. Any player, no matter how wealthy, must still gather the ingredients for the foods they want. Bacon and Grog being an exception since, first of all, turning in a recipe each time doesn't make sense, and secondly because Bacon is a Vanilla consumable, and Defender Medals make more sense for the Grog.

Last edited:
Hey does anyone know when Thorium mod is going to work with tModLoader again? Apparently it updated the version a week ago, and it does not show up as a usable mod anymore? Is there any chance that will be rectified?

Hey does anyone know when Thorium mod is going to work with tModLoader again? Apparently it updated the version a week ago, and it does not show up as a usable mod anymore? Is there any chance that will be rectified?
I believe Thorium is still on the 1.3.5 branch of tModLoader. In your Steam library, you should be able to find tModLoader, and click on the gear icon (Manage) to get to Properties, and from there to Betas. Make sure you have "1.3-legacy" selected to play in the old version of Terraria, with mods that aren't updated to 1.4 yet.

Hello. Would you like to rebalance the mod so that weapons, accessories and armor are an alternative to calamity otherwise everyone will play with calamity weapons and armor? All have calamity installed.

Hello. Would you like to rebalance the mod so that weapons, accessories and armor are an alternative to calamity otherwise everyone will play with calamity weapons and armor? All have calamity installed.
I don't have it installed. In my opinion Calamity is very unbalanced, especially in Hardmode. However, while not the mod author, I would say that if you want to make your own mod that changes the balance for Calamity, do that. Going to someone and saying "nobody is going to use your mod unless you let me fix it" is just rude.

It's not really up to mod devs to make sure big content mods work well with each other. About the only interaction I can think of between this and Calamity is that their ocean biomes don't spawn on top of each other. They'll properly be separated at each side of the ocean. But otherwise that's about it. Not everyone is running Calamity all the time. Trying to balance between major content mods, especially when both have different design goals, would be an absolute nightmare. Unless a mod is specifically designed to go with Calamity, it will very likely not be balanced for such. Thorium seeks to be an addon to vanilla, keeping within its balance and structure, while Calamity is not quite that. You're talking about going through several hundred items, if not around a thousand on Thorium's end, to try to make it work with Calamity's balance.

It's not really up to mod devs to make sure big content mods work well with each other. About the only interaction I can think of between this and Calamity is that their ocean biomes don't spawn on top of each other. They'll properly be separated at each side of the ocean. But otherwise that's about it. Not everyone is running Calamity all the time. Trying to balance between major content mods, especially when both have different design goals, would be an absolute nightmare. Unless a mod is specifically designed to go with Calamity, it will very likely not be balanced for such. Thorium seeks to be an addon to vanilla, keeping within its balance and structure, while Calamity is not quite that. You're talking about going through several hundred items, if not around a thousand on Thorium's end, to try to make it work with Calamity's balance.
This, Calamity is an ADDON to the base game, not a norm that all other mods have to follow. As other mods also aim to be their own expansions to the BASE GAME, not a MOD.

Calamity is effectively a total conversion mod because it changes vanilla in so many non-optional ways, and in many ways will break other mods, not just balance wise but compatibility wise too (for example: alot of these ways are IL patches that delete instructions, making it difficult for other mods that want to do similar things that way)

У меня он не установлен. На мой взгляд, Каламити очень несбалансирован, особенно в хардмоде. Однако, хотя я и не автор мода, я бы сказал, что если вы хотите сделать свой собственный мод, который меняет баланс для Calamity, сделайте это. Подойти к кому-то и сказать: «Никто не будет использовать ваш мод, пока вы не дадите мне его исправить» — это просто грубо.
I agree that not everyone has it, but an incredibly large number of people have it. I just suggested.

why not rebalance calamity, less work than rebalancing every other mod that follows vanilla balance

Meanwhile I'm over here and I'd just like an idea of how 1.4 is coming along? I don't mind waiting but I would like to have an idea how much longer.

Meanwhile I'm over here and I'd just like an idea of how 1.4 is coming along? I don't mind waiting but I would like to have an idea how much longer.
Same here. I'm fine with waiting, but I'm just curious about how close the port is to being done

Back
Top Bottom