• Yes, and new species should be added

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I haven't joined this RP, but would with more options for species

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't joined this RP, but think the amount of species is fine as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, it's been more than ten days since someone responded to the IC, and before that things were slow anyway, so should I just call this dead?

Name/Nickname/Alias: Malith
--=ATTRIBUTES=--
Species: Undead (specifically skeleton.) Used to be an Eastern Kobold.
Appearance: (Images, descriptions, or both)
Sex & Gender: Uneeded. But He/Him pronouns.
Height & Weight: 2'2, 25 lbs
Alignment: The Dark, technically.
Personality: A very kind soul who enjoys flowers, all living things, peace, and specifically roses.
Known Languages: Common, Draconic, and Aquatic
Backstory: Will work on when I have the time. Something to do with a lich working for The Dark, but dislikes it and often goes on his own adventures when running "errands" for his master.
--=STATS=--
HP: 13
CURRENCY: 4
Stats:
Strength: 6
Agility: 16
Endurance: 7
Intelligence: 10
Charisma: 9
Abilities: Able to replace parts of himself with bones of equal size. Doesn't change any real stats and is purely ornamental, but can heal any old wounds.
Is an accomplished botanist and zoologist, particularly in the field of entomology. Gains a bonus equal to 2 + (intelligence/2) when making checks in these fields.
Understands basic weapon training and can make some primitive weapons out of bones. Trained in throwing weapons such as daggers and javelins.
Understands the basics of magic, but can not preform it. Gains a bonus of +2 when identifying magic.

Passive Traits: Is very sneaky for being so small and can surprise people quite easily. +2 to Stealth and an extra 1d6 for damage rolls when surprising an enemy.
While he does understand the languages, he can not speak them without a took, so Malith resorts to signing, gestures, and pictures. Unfortunately, he's a bad artist.

-------Anything below this is for me to remember specifically-------
+1 to Agility.
+ Immune to Poison and Disease.
+10% Resistance to Frost.
+Undead don't need any kind of food, water, or rest.
-/+ Healing magic harms you, however Necrotic damage heals you.
-10% Resistance to Fire.
-1 to either Strength or Endurance, as well as -1 Charisma.
-Most citizens will fear you, and guards will attack on sight, unless you can hide that you are undead, or join certain groups and carry their symbol.
Items/Inventory: (Add here starting items your characters have. Limited to 3 starting items.)
-Eastern Kobolds are based off Eastern Dragons, also known as Lung Dragons, or noodles. They rely mostly on greater agility over endurance, and have advantage on dodging attacks.

Last edited:
--=ATTRIBUTES=--
Species: Undead (specifically skeleton.) Used to be a kobold.
Sex & Gender: Uneeded.
Height & Weight: 4'5, 65 lbs
Personality: A very kind soul who enjoys flowers, all living things, peace, and specifically roses.
Known Languages: Common and Draconic
Backstory: Will work on when I have the time
--=STATS=--
HP: 14
CURRENCY: 4 (?)
Stats:
Strength: 8
Agility: 13
Endurance: 11
Abilities: I'm curious as to what this means.
Passive Traits:
+1 to Agility.
-10% Resistance to Fire.
-Most citizens will fear you, and guards will attack on sight, unless you can hide that you are undead, or join certain groups and carry their symbol.
Items/Inventory: (Add here starting items your characters have. Limited to 3 starting items.)
All right, a few problems, but they seem to be common, so I'll review the wording of the template tomorrow to see if I need to make things clearer.

Anyway, onto the problems:

1. There are several subspecies of Kobold, and that affects stats, so you'll have to specify what type of Kobold they used to be.
  2. Passive traits are intended to be custom, and made the creator of the character. You do not have to add what is listed under species traits, and it is in fact recommended that you do not to make it easier for me to read your application. Instead, everything there is implied by what you list your species as.
  3. You're mostly right on how sex & gender is mostly irrelevant with a skeleton, although I would still like to know what pronoun to use.
  4. You added a question mark to the currency option, may I ask why?
  5. Abilities is basically the same idea as with passive traits, except you need to use your action for them to have an effect. I'd recommend looking at other applications in this thread as examples for what you could do with these.
  6. I believe you can choose one extra language that your character knows if you wish, but it's optional.
  7. I'll check your stats again once you've fixed the species problem, but do remember that the original species gets added, then the changes from undeath, and then you may add +1 to one stat, and +2 to another, but you must have at least -1 from one stat.

All right, a few problems, but they seem to be common, so I'll review the wording of the template tomorrow to see if I need to make things clearer.

Anyway, onto the problems:

1. There are several subspecies of Kobold, and that affects stats, so you'll have to specify what type of Kobold they used to be.
  2. Passive traits are intended to be custom, and made the creator of the character. You do not have to add what is listed under species traits, and it is in fact recommended that you do not to make it easier for me to read your application. Instead, everything there is implied by what you list your species as.
  3. You're mostly right on how sex & gender is mostly irrelevant with a skeleton, although I would still like to know what pronoun to use.
  4. You added a question mark to the currency option, may I ask why?
  5. Abilities is basically the same idea as with passive traits, except you need to use your action for them to have an effect. I'd recommend looking at other applications in this thread as examples for what you could do with these.
  6. I believe you can choose one extra language that your character knows if you wish, but it's optional.
  7. I'll check your stats again once you've fixed the species problem, but do remember that the original species gets added, then the changes from undeath, and then you may add +1 to one stat, and +2 to another, but you must have at least -1 from one stat.
Makes sense. Thank you for clarifying everything. I only added a question mark by currency as I was unsure of what it was called.

--=ATTRIBUTES=--
Species: Undead (specifically skeleton.) Used to be a kobold.
Backstory: Will work on when I have the time. Something to do with a lich working for The Dark, but dislikes it and often goes on his own adventures when running "errands" for his master.
--=STATS=--
Stats:
Strength: 7
Abilities: Able to replace parts of himself with bones of equal size. Doesn't change any real stats and is purely ornamental, but can heal any old wounds.
Is an accomplished botanist and zoologist, particularly in the field of entomology. Gains a bonus equal to 2 + (intelligence/2) when making checks in these fields.
Understands basic weapon training and can make some primitive weapons out of bones. Trained in throwing weapons such as daggers and javelins.
Understands the basics of magic, but can not preform it. Gains a bonus of +5 when identifying magic.

Passive Traits: Is very sneaky for being so small and can surprise people quite easily. +5 to Stealth and an extra 1d6 for damage rolls when surprising an enemy.
While he does understand the languages, he can not speak them without a took, so Malith resorts to signing, gestures, and pictures. Unfortunately, he's a bad artist.

+1 to Agility.
-10% Resistance to Fire.
-Eastern Kobolds are based off Eastern Dragons, also known as Lung Dragons, or noodles. They rely mostly on greater agility over endurance, and have advantage on dodging attacks.
+Can speak and understand Draconic.
+Base unarmed attack increased by 3 and changed to slash damage.
+Increased attack when fighting with allies, with +2 damage for each ally nearby.
+Able to see slightly better in the dark compared to other species.
+Being a draconic species, non-draconic species may be forced to follow your commands if they are under the influence of the artifacts.
-Kobolds, due to their nature, and the artifacts, have a disadvantage against resisting the influence of dragons in charisma checks.
-Kobolds are carnivores.
Still doesn't have what Kobold subtype it is under species, and the passive traits that come from a species don't apply for undead, only the stats do.

Makes sense. I figured 16 was too goof to be true.

Issues are fixed
No, sixteen should still be possible with your combination of species. As what I was trying to say was that the actual stat changes, being increases or decreases to Strength, Agility, etc. still apply for Undead, but not the passives from that species, which in this case would be things like the unarmed attack damage changes, the charisma checks against dragons, and so on.

--=ATTRIBUTES=--
--=STATS=--
Stats:
Understands the basics of magic, but can not preform it. Gains a bonus of +5 when identifying magic.

Passive Traits: Is very sneaky for being so small and can surprise people quite easily. +5 to Stealth and an extra 1d6 for damage rolls when surprising an enemy.

+1 to Agility.
-10% Resistance to Fire.
All right, just realized you modified this again, so for this, change the +5s in abilities to +2s, and you should be good.

Also, @Yello_X, are you still getting alerts from the IC thread?

--=ATTRIBUTES=--
--=STATS=--
Stats:
Understands the basics of magic, but can not preform it. Gains a bonus of +2 when identifying magic.

Passive Traits: Is very sneaky for being so small and can surprise people quite easily. +2 to Stealth and an extra 1d6 for damage rolls when surprising an enemy.

+1 to Agility.
-10% Resistance to Fire.
Accepted.

And do they have a text colour?

Back
Top Bottom