Casual Random Chitchat Thread

I'm a bit of a nobody so I'll make this section quick.
The forums do have moderation to prevent harassment and criticism for being part of the LGBTQ+ community, but sometimes it doesn't help a whole lot.
On this thread, I'm hoping people of the LGBTQ+ community will come together in this thread to have conversations with each other about Pride Month, Terraria, and really whatever else you want (just no sexual content and preferably not profanity, though I can't help that).
Only rules you have to follow are the forum rules. And please know that this is a safe space and you can be open as much or as little as you want.
Go crazy!!
The staff feels there is no real need for a distinct chat thread either for LGBTQ+ persons or about LGBTQ+ topics. We respond swiftly to any bigotry posted in any thread - no matter who the target it -, so we don't feel a safe space is necessary: our goal is to make all the forums a safe space for everyone. :)

If you ever feel harassed for whatever reason, you are encouraged to use the report feature so that we can judge the nature of the harassment and, if necessary, take action.

Not related to the weekend but instead anime; I don’t like watching traditional anime. At all. I mostly hate the animation but usually the art style isn’t a whole lot better.
Oh, what a shame. It seems we have a different approach about anime. I like both the traditional and CGI anime (as long as they put efforts in making it, of course). Based on all the traditional anime I have watched, I don't see what to dislike out of its animation or art style. It looks awesome and unique, in my opinion, and I love it.
I did watch Death Note and throughly enjoyed it beginning to end. Have you seen it?
Sadly, not yet. I haven't even put it in my watchlist yet.

Last edited:
Sadly, not yet. I haven't even put it in my watchlist yet.
I… but… wha-

You haven’t seen Death Note?!?!?!?

I am just joking of course but—and coming from a guy who hates Japanese anime—I would recommend it. I would say for the most part it has brilliant writing. A common critique of the show is the writing after 2/3 of the way through isn’t that great but I would still say it’s worth a consideration.

Everytime a mod writes I think that they warned or banned me.

> You haven’t seen Death Note?!?!?!?
by @DeletedAccount0

I hear sentences like that often.
A la You dont eat ice??? You dont like rap??? You prefer public transport???

I… but… wha-

You haven’t seen Death Note?!?!?!?

I am just joking of course but—and coming from a guy who hates Japanese anime—I would recommend it. I would say for the most part it has brilliant writing. A common critique of the show is the writing after 2/3 of the way through isn’t that great but I would still say it’s worth a consideration.
Yeah, there are quite a lot of animes in my watchlist, and I am watching it one at a time in my free time. Unfortunately, Death Note is not in my priority.

Here are the recent fuel prices

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    358.4 KB · Views: 49
I keep seeing people use the words donut doughnut, but I never actually see anything further specifying what they mean. I mean, I know generally what's being referred to, but like, can someone tell me exactly? I mean, I do have my own interpretation of them, but I don't actually whether it's accurate or not.

I keep seeing people use the words donut doughnut, but I never actually see anything further specifying what they mean. I mean, I know generally what's being referred to, but like, can someone tell me exactly? I mean, I do have my own interpretation of them, but I don't actually whether it's accurate or not.
Well, all I know is that doughnut (which is generally the more formal and proper spelling) and donut are names for a food item, and occasionally to describe things that are a similar shape, but if it's being used in other situations, then I have no idea.

I've always understood it as donut referring to the generally sugar coated circular things with a hole in the center and doughnut being one of the many forms of also generally sugar coated things but like non-circular and without a hole.

I've always understood it as donut referring to the generally sugar coated circular things with a hole in the center and doughnut being one of the many forms of also generally sugar coated things but like non-circular and without a hole.
No, both donut and doughnut are the same thing, and both can be with or without the hole in the center. They are normally round, or at least roundish though.

I mean, I get that the difference is basically just the shape, but it just makes more sense to me for them to have different words

No, both donut and doughnut are the same thing, and both can be with or without the hole in the center. They are normally round, or at least roundish though.
Actually to my own interactions with both foods it’s mostly different for me, non holed donuts happen to have a big sugar coat and have filling instead of frosting and toppings while hole donuts have topping and frosting and aren’t sugar coated (at least not a lot)

Actually to my own interactions with both foods it’s mostly different for me, non holed donuts happen to have a big sugar coat and have filling instead of frosting and toppings while hole donuts have topping and frosting and aren’t sugar coated (at least not a lot)
So you're telling me you call
1659683347935.png
a donut?

The only donuts I've seen in the town I live in are hotdog-shaped and have caramel in 'em.
Please tell me you're at least not calling a sausage a hotdog.

I mean, I get that the difference is basically just the shape, but it just makes more sense to me for them to have different words
Well, normally the ones without the hole in the center are filled with something, while the others aren't, so normally that leads to them being called filled doughnuts.
So you're telling me you call
a donut?

Please tell me you're at least not calling a sausage a hotdog.
And as for that picture that you posted, if I wanted that, I would probably go to Tim Hortons, where they sell something that looks like that exact thing and call it a Canadian Maple donut.

Back
Top Bottom