PC Ultimate survival | Tank/Regen build

Hmm I don't see frozen shield I assume this is outdated? Wish someone made a comparison video of regeneration based, dodge based, defense and damage immunity based side by side.

Hmm I don't see frozen shield I assume this is outdated? Wish someone made a comparison video of regeneration based, dodge based, defense and damage immunity based side by side.
I've gone through the changes of 1.4 and came up with a new build in this post PC - Ultimate survival | Tank/Regen build

I had not updated the main post with it, as nowadays the build looked too straightforward, with been able to equip every defensive accessoire at once. But I might revisit it again once 1.4.4 hits

I've gone through the changes of 1.4 and came up with a new build in this post PC - Ultimate survival | Tank/Regen build

I had not updated the main post with it, as nowadays the build looked too straightforward, with been able to equip every defensive accessoire at once. But I might revisit it again once 1.4.4 hits
I see. Btw I'm cringing that you aren't using Star Veil and Master Ninja Gear but their un-upgraded versions. Also I guess its good to see that beetle armor which is a full set is best for master mode. Really wish they would add one more endgame set. True Hallowed Armor which is Hallowed armor but better stats and... How many seconds would the holy protection cooldown have to be for it to be better than beetle armor?

I see. Btw I'm cringing that you aren't using Star Veil and Master Ninja Gear but their un-upgraded versions.
Either works, the upgrades won't give more defensive benefit, so I preferred to keep the build minimalistic if possible. I also prefer their un-upgraded versions by design.

How many seconds would the holy protection cooldown have to be for it to be better than beetle armor?
I would think the hallowed armor dodge is on an edge to become overpowered if the cooldown would be any shorter.
Depending on how long you can dodge before you'll get hit, the Hallowed Armor would actually be better than the Beetle Armor already, shortening the cooldown would lessen that skill gap.

I would think the hallowed armor dodge is on an edge to become overpowered if the cooldown would be any shorter.
Depending on how long you can dodge before you'll get hit, the Hallowed Armor would actually be better than the Beetle Armor already, shortening the cooldown would lessen that skill gap.
I mean even dodge builds are pretty much tanking through dodge. So no I will not bother dodging. I will use the dodge mechanic to dodge tank.

Huh, seems this build still has some uses, this could be useful for a facetanking/no dodging build:

Some notes I've noticed from Gungnir's vid:
- Stinger Necklace gives you honey buff after been damaged.
- Band of Regeneration is slightly buffed to give 1hp/sec instead of 0.5hp/sec
- Sleeping in bed increases health regen, perhaps even during combat, This is a nice synergy with the Shiny Stone.
- Perhaps this also means you could put a nurse right next to the bed and talk to her while lying down works too.
- I would've probably preferred the Valhalla Greaves over Solar Flare Leggings, as the former has 4 more defense.

Will probably give this research another shot and update the thread once 1.4.4 hits.

I've seen this video, and I was reminded of this topic. The setup has some differences, though.

I love to see different takes on the same topic, thanks!

So let's break it down a little by myself:
- The setup looks very similair to one of my possible builds I've used during testing, this is the setup I made to maximise defence, but not focus on damage resistance, life regen and other stuff.
1682862414440.png

This one basically comes down to "Equip all Paladin Shield and Flesh Knuckles tinkers!" and a Worm Scarf. Although simple, this setup is also pretty tanky in normal mode too. Blocking at least 74 of all damage, (around 100 in Expert) and even more thanks to the Frozen Shell (and Worm Scarf in Expert)
- Personally, I don't like these farming cages where you need to set up enemy and heart statues for grinding hearts, I'd rather prefer to stick to one you can take anywhere.
- I'm actually surprised the Cross Necklace/Star Veil isn't mentioned. If you're going to stick in one place, then you might as well equip the Star Veil to extend the facetanking, you could probably swap out the Paladin's Shield with it, as it only gives 6 defence on it's own.
- This is also the first time I see a tank build that does not mention the Celestial Shell at all, and prioritises the Flesh Knuckles over it. (with werewolf active, the Celestial Shell has 1 less defence for 1,5 Life Regen/sec) Perhaps the werewolf buff is too situational to make up for it?

I'm not really in the mood to test it out against Moon Lord though, it reminds me too much of my armor testing experience with Leinfors, and that still stings a little...May he rest in peace
Maybe one day I'll come back and make a proper thread of all my tank findings, as this thread focusses more on one certain build that's already outdated.
Frozen Shield is still top tier accessoire.

Back
Top Bottom