tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of them are duplicates of already existing weapons and/or doesn't broke original META? I think it mandatory to mention it
I... don't know. I just count the number of unique sprites because people like numbers. Like how official updates always mention how many new items they add.
I'm also not really sure what you mean by 'original meta'. If I want my weapons to be viable, they're going to 'break the meta' simply because they're usable new options.

I'm also not really sure what you mean by 'original meta'. If I want my weapons to be viable, they're going to 'break the meta' simply because they're usable new options.
Great example of META break and how to not add new weapons is 1.2.2 update, when Snowman Cannon was added: it's a launcher with highest damage, fastest fire rate at this time and it fires homing missles that can't hurt you, while Rocket and Grenade launchers had less damage, slower, requires aim and caution when shooting. It even better than a Chain gun and Tactical shotgun with rare Chlorophyte bullets, because the only projectile properties that affected by rocket type is damage and destructibility, so it will be homing even with cheapest Rocket I. So, do you have any reason to use another ranged weapons?

Great example of META break and how to not add new weapons is 1.2.2 update, when Snowman Cannon was added: it's a launcher with highest damage, fastest fire rate at this time and it fires homing missles that can't hurt you, while Rocket and Grenade launchers had less damage, slower, requires aim and caution when shooting. It even better than a Chain gun and Tactical shotgun with rare Chlorophyte bullets, because the only projectile properties that affected by rocket type is damage and destructibility, so it will be homing even with cheapest Rocket I. So, do you have any reason to use another ranged weapons?
Well, then... I don't really know for sure if my mod doesn't have anything like that.
A big reason that I develop this mod is to learn things about game design, and how balancing is supposed to work. At present, I'm not experienced enough- nor do I have the time- to do in-depth analyses of every single weapon in the mod and its place in the meta. I can only do a more general, basic kind of balancing at the moment.

With my present level of experience, if I went that in-depth into weapon balancing, I'd have no energy left for bugfixing or new content(or real life things for that matter), and I'd most likely get so burned out that the mod would have to go on another big hiatus. At the moment, I'm more focused on learning about programming than about balancing the 'meta' of a singleplayer game where most people just use what they enjoy the most anyway.

It's also worth noting that the fact that you can combine other mods makes a certain degree of balance impossible to achieve, because there's no telling what sorts of insane things might be possible when you combine more than one mod together. There's really no way for any one mod developer to prepare for that.

It's been a while, hasn't it?
The prospect of updating the mod to 1.4 has caused me quite a lot of anxiety, so I haven't updated in around 10 months- but TModLoader's 1.4 release is taking forever.
I do not plan to update the mod to its 1.4 alpha or beta- the 1.4 update will only enter development once TMod 1.4 is at full release.
In the meantime, I've made a small update, fixing and tweaking some things mostly, but this update also changed Starsteel equipment to no longer require the Thorium mod.
This is accomplished in the form of the mod's first new enemy, which spawns in the sky layer post-Skeletron and drops Essences of Thunder: The Thunder Elemental!
ThunderElemental.gif

The NPC drops/shops table in the OP has also been updated, hopefully it's more comprehensive now.

I don't know if the mod will receive any other new content until the 1.4 update. With the way things are going, it seems as though TMod 1.4 is going to be a while longer still.

== Starsteel Changes ==
Starsteel items and equipment no longer require the Thorium mod to function.

>Essence of Thunder
Rarity: Green (was Blue)
Sprite updated.
Now also drops from Thunder Elementals, a new enemy that spawns in the sky after Skeletron is defeated
The Grand Thunderbird still drops them.

>Thunder Elemental
Uncommon spawn in the Sky
Appears on the Lifeform Analyzer
AI Type: Bat AI
Damage: 40(Expert: 80)
Max Life: 150
Defense: 8
Drops: 5 Silver, 4-6 Rain Clouds (100%), 6-12 Essence of Thunder (100%)
25% chance to inflict Electrified for 3 seconds (12 damage total, 48 max if you move)

>Starsteel Bar
Can now be crafted at a Furnace
=======================

>Buzz-Axe
Fixed self-damage. Now always deals 50 damage(before Defense), both in Normal Mode and Expert Mode.

>Familiar Bow, Wither Bow
Now velocity is properly affected by charge level; but it will only increase at full charge.

>Iris Wand
Knockback: 0(was 0.5)
Fixes a bug where modifiers that reduce knockback caused the weapon to hit insanely quickly.

>Juice That Makes You Explode
Drop rate lowered from 0.0125% to 0.0075%. (Was too common)

>Littner Longshot
Now actually sold by the Cyborg.

>M41A Pulse Rifle
Now supports Spirit Mod aliens. Secretly does 3x damage to the Alien enemy from the Spirit Mod, instead of 1.5x.

>Needler
Rarity: Yellow (was Cyan)
Use Time: 8(was 7)
Knockback: 0(was 4)
Spread halved.
No longer has a chance not to consume ammo.
Crafting recipe changed.
No longer requires an Ancient Manipulator; can be crafted at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil instead

Maximum number of needles that can stick to a target at a time changed to 6.
Added the Super-combine mechanic: When the seventh needle is stuck to the target, causes all the needles to explode. This explosion deals 15x weapon damage.

>Crystal Needle
Knockback: 0(was 2)
Crafting recipe changed.
No longer requires an Ancient Manipulator, now also requires 1 Martian Conduit Plating, and makes 150 needles instead of 100.

>Shooting Star
Damage: 900(was 1200)

>Type-1A
Fixed Nova Orb damage being random again

>Walkie-Talkie
Easter egg chance increased to 1% (was 0.1%)

>Sagittarius/Starstorm/Gae Assail/Infinity Big Bang Storm
Now the Moon Lord is properly guaranteed to drop one of these if in Expert Mode.

- Redemption -
<Nukor>
New crafting recipe, in preparation for the removal of the Infected Eye:
10 Xenomite, 5 Starlite Bars, and 5 Biohazard Particles at a Xeno Forge

<Ball Primitive>

<Mini-Nuke Launcher>

<Radioblobber>

Ayy, nice! Glad to see you are still around, Litho's is one of the mods I still consider core to enjoying the game with most classes. There are just so many fun, cool weapons to play with.

It's been a while, hasn't it?
The prospect of updating the mod to 1.4 has caused me quite a lot of anxiety, so I haven't updated in around 10 months- but TModLoader's 1.4 release is taking forever.
I do not plan to update the mod to its 1.4 alpha or beta- the 1.4 update will only enter development once TMod 1.4 is at full release.
In the meantime, I've made a small update, fixing and tweaking some things mostly, but this update also changed Starsteel equipment to no longer require the Thorium mod.
This is accomplished in the form of the mod's first new enemy, which spawns in the sky layer post-Skeletron and drops Essences of Thunder: The Thunder Elemental!
View attachment 368895
The NPC drops/shops table in the OP has also been updated, hopefully it's more comprehensive now.

I don't know if the mod will receive any other new content until the 1.4 update. With the way things are going, it seems as though TMod 1.4 is going to be a while longer still.

== Starsteel Changes ==
Starsteel items and equipment no longer require the Thorium mod to function.

>Essence of Thunder
Rarity: Green (was Blue)
Sprite updated.
Now also drops from Thunder Elementals, a new enemy that spawns in the sky after Skeletron is defeated
The Grand Thunderbird still drops them.

>Thunder Elemental
Uncommon spawn in the Sky
Appears on the Lifeform Analyzer
AI Type: Bat AI
Damage: 40(Expert: 80)
Max Life: 150
Defense: 8
Drops: 5 Silver, 4-6 Rain Clouds (100%), 6-12 Essence of Thunder (100%)
25% chance to inflict Electrified for 3 seconds (12 damage total, 48 max if you move)

>Starsteel Bar
Can now be crafted at a Furnace
=======================

>Buzz-Axe
Fixed self-damage. Now always deals 50 damage(before Defense), both in Normal Mode and Expert Mode.

>Familiar Bow, Wither Bow
Now velocity is properly affected by charge level; but it will only increase at full charge.

>Iris Wand
Knockback: 0(was 0.5)
Fixes a bug where modifiers that reduce knockback caused the weapon to hit insanely quickly.

>Juice That Makes You Explode
Drop rate lowered from 0.0125% to 0.0075%. (Was too common)

>Littner Longshot
Now actually sold by the Cyborg.

>M41A Pulse Rifle
Now supports Spirit Mod aliens. Secretly does 3x damage to the Alien enemy from the Spirit Mod, instead of 1.5x.

>Needler
Use Time: 8(was 7)
Knockback: 0(was 4)
Spread halved.
No longer has a chance not to consume ammo.
Crafting recipe changed.
No longer requires an Ancient Manipulator; can be crafted at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil instead

Maximum number of needles that can stick to a target at a time changed to 6.
Added the Super-combine mechanic: When the seventh needle is stuck to the target, causes all the needles to explode. This explosion deals 15x weapon damage.

>Crystal Needle
Knockback: 0(was 2)
Crafting recipe changed.
No longer requires an Ancient Manipulator, now also requires 1 Martian Conduit Plating, and makes 150 needles instead of 100.

>Shooting Star
Damage: 900(was 1200)

>Type-1A
Fixed Nova Orb damage being random again

>Walkie-Talkie
Easter egg chance increased to 1% (was 0.1%)

>Sagittarius/Starstorm/Gae Assail/Infinity Big Bang Storm
Now the Moon Lord is properly guaranteed to drop one of these if in Expert Mode.

- Redemption -
<Nukor>

<Ball Primitive>

<Mini-Nuke Launcher>

<Radioblobber>
wow its been a while... i been wondering when you would appear <3 since 1.4 turned stable just recently but i dont plan to move fully to 1.4 just yet.

Published 3.1.1.2(we skipped a version number because I missed a couple things...), a minor update which changes the required crafting station for the former Infected Eye weapons to the Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
This oversight was made because Mod of Redemption failed to actually update to the real beta version when I told Mod Browser to do so, and thus I thought the Infected Eye and the Xeno Forge were actually still in the beta...

Small update- 3.1.1.3. Those of you who don't use the Spirit Mod with Litho's Armory(you should!) won't really be affected by this.
Added a config option that replaces the firing sounds of many Spirit Mod ranged weapons, including a unique sound effect for all stages of the Star Weaver except the first.
Also added a config option for a few Spirit Mod magic/summon weapon sounds.
Made StarCannonFire, the sound effect used for many weapons in the Star Cannon family, a bit louder by default.

if I may ask, how is progress on 1.4 going?

P.S, the cannon weapons are really good.
Well, at the moment it's not going at all. The plan was to update it to 1.4, but the prospect of making such a huge update has been so daunting that I've been too put off to do anything.
I definitely do want to update the mod at some point, but I can't really say when I'll feel comfortable working on it.

Small update: Given the fact that 1.4 TModloader is still in active development, and there are so many issues I don't know how to fix thanks to barely being a coder at all, I think I'm going to wait until 1.4 TModloader gets into a more stable state, at the very least. At present it would take me ages to update anything, and some of my work would likely be undone by future releases.
This whole thing is enough of a stress on my mind in combination with all the other stuff going on in my life.

Small update: Given the fact that 1.4 TModloader is still in active development, and there are so many issues I don't know how to fix thanks to barely being a coder at all, I think I'm going to wait until 1.4 TModloader gets into a more stable state, at the very least. At present it would take me ages to update anything, and some of my work would likely be undone by future releases.
This whole thing is enough of a stress on my mind in combination with all the other stuff going on in my life.
1.4 kinda already gotten into a stable state at the moment thou as far as i know.

has any work been done on the 1.4 version of this mod?
No. To be honest, even just thinking about working on it further stresses me out far too much. I can't really say for certain if it will ever be updated.
If it ever does, I would have to get into a healthier mindset- but then, I'd probably be just as likely to start work on an entirely new mod instead.

No. To be honest, even just thinking about working on it further stresses me out far too much. I can't really say for certain if it will ever be updated.
If it ever does, I would have to get into a healthier mindset- but then, I'd probably be just as likely to start work on an entirely new mod instead.
you have my full support on whatever u decide on.

Quick question, but would you mind if someone else makes that port? I wanted to try my hand at Terraria modding and figured porting some weapons could be a good start to my journey.

Back
Top Bottom