Terraria State of the Game - August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the coming parity simultaneous lol update…wait did I miss an adjective?
Oh wait I mean I think it will be willow wood. The other already in game sprite is pink Sakura tree. I think there is some hinting/foreshadowing in that but my guess and desire are for willow.

Cool tree…the ash. Makes me think of the tree of life. I like the plants and farming aspects a lot. Don’t get me started on kelp lol.

8149F85B-1D54-4FC7-8B64-007D49A169CA.jpeg

But the willow would be awesome…yellow ok but I think the in game sprite needs a redo (color and extend length) and this color would be awesome!

C5C95A33-1DAE-41BD-9EE9-655015963D1E.jpeg

Parity has already been reached, though. That's why the LOL update is going to release simultaneously on all supported platforms.

eh, i personally don't consider us achieving parity until the game is actually done being updated.

since they could drop the update literally any time they want on PC, while console players will have to wait weeks, still.

Nah. Someone says "adjust width of automining", Red replies "new drill mount". Someone talks about cart train, Red replies he always (i.e. before that suggestion was made) rollercoasters. It's only for the Moon Lord torso that the reply is actually a direct agreement with the suggestion instead of something slightly different.

Anyways the update is done already, it has entered feature freeze a while ago. But it's likely not the true final update.

Nah. Someone says "adjust width of automining", Red replies "new drill mount". Someone talks about cart train, Red replies he always (i.e. before that suggestion was made) rollercoasters. It's only for the Moon Lord torso that the reply is actually a direct agreement with the suggestion instead of something slightly different.

Anyways the update is done already, it has entered feature freeze a while ago. But it's likely not the true final update.
I completely agree with you. But this will be the final final final…lol…awww who am I kidding. Slaps self.
Yeah, they could add stuff in a hotfix. (Like, say… pufferfish.)
YES to pufferfish! 😄

people do realize, that if they finally finish with this game, they can get started on terraria 2...?

which will likely have a better engine with even more possibilities, mechanics, and features?

the amount of people who seemingly DON'T want that, and want them to keep updating this game, even though it's literally reaching its limits, is insane.

Aye, to the mate above me (cause I have no idea how to work quotes lol), who are the ones in charge of actually updating the game? The developers. Who are the ones in charge of choosing to keep updating the game, regardless of outside forces? The developers. Re-Logic can choose to work on Terraria 2 whenever they want, Terraria is already a finished game, it's just that Re-Logic can't help themselves and want to keep adding to it.

I get what you're saying, but suggestions for Terraria will never stop. As long as it has a community, suggestions for changes to be made to the game will always come. It is up to Re-Logic themselves to decide when to stop working on the game. Heck, remember when Journey's End was supposed to be the final one? Re-Logic made statements over and over that they're gonna be working on other projects when that happened, and then a year and a half later, blam, suddenly teasers for Labor of Love started cropping up.

I'm sorry if I come off as rude or anything, it just feels wrong to me, to say that the fans are to blame for the developers making another update for Terraria when the developers themselves have repeatedly stated that they can't stop themselves from working on Terraria. I don't have direct proof and if I am wrong, feel free to say so, I am just conversating.

Last edited:
Aye, to the mate above me (cause I have no idea how to work quotes lol), who are the ones in charge of actually updating the game? The developers. Who are the ones in charge of choosing to keep updating the game, regardless of outside forces? The developers. Re-Logic can choose to work on Terraria 2 whenever they want, Terraria is already a finished game, it's just that Re-Logic can't help themselves and want to keep adding to it.

I get what you're saying, but suggestions for Terraria will never stop. As long as it has a community, suggestions for changes to be made to the game will always come. It is up to Re-Logic themselves to decide when to stop working on the game. Heck, remember when Journey's End was supposed to be the final one? Re-Logic made statements over and over that they're gonna be working on other projects when that happened, and then a year and a half later, blam, suddenly teasers for Labor of Love started cropping up.

I'm sorry if I come off as rude or anything, it just feels wrong to me, to say that the fans are to blame for the developers making another update for Terraria when the developers themselves have repeatedly stated that they can't stop themselves from working on Terraria. I don't have direct proof and if I am wrong, feel free to say so, I am just conversating.

regardless, i've still come across several people who actually said they don't want a terraria 2 and prefer this game keeps getting updated.

so my point still stands.

regardless, i've still come across several people who actually said they don't want a terraria 2 and prefer this game keeps getting updated.

so my point still stands.
Updates will come to an end eventually but as a business they are still making money on it. So why not more updates? And zero doubt once this is done there will be a Terraria 2 regardless of updates or not. I mean this next update hits the brick wall of no more liquids capable of being added then.

Edit: I personally prefer them to fully flesh out part one before working on or releasing part 2 with hopefully a stronger game engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom