Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Hi. I'm having a little issue that isn't the save editor exactly but I hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to make a copy of my character so I have something to play solo while not getting too far ahead of my friend. At first I just changed the name in the editor and the file name but that didn't work; so I created a dummy character to overwrite and replaced that with the renamed character from the editor, and that mostly works.

But when I go in game all my exploration data is gone. I followed the suggestions earlier in this thread of renaming the folder with the exploration data, but that doesn't work.

In the new character's exploration folder, before playing in a world:
mpEDeL8.png

(This is the original exploration folder, copied)

But after I load up a world, notice that nothing is explored, and then save and quit:
Yvzzpue.png

...Notice that the game seems to basically delete the file in place and recreate it.

Is there any way I can keep my exploration data on the character copy?

Thank you

nsw_error.png

The nintendo switch version does not load.

I deleted all the characters and worlds and tried to recreate them, but they didn't load.

Please check the console version save edit.

And... Before 1.4 update, 1.3 version save file is loaded well.

Last edited:
For some reason, everytime I click on "singleplayer" with an exsisting .plr file downloaded from terrasavr, the game crashes and says there's an error (p1). And also for my terrasavr there is no version 1.4.3.6, I wonder if these two problems may be related? (p2) I also tried ctrl+shift+R to refresh, but nothing seems to work. I used terrasavr before and this never happened.
屏幕截图(165).png
屏幕截图(164).png

For some reason, everytime I click on "singleplayer" with an exsisting .plr file downloaded from terrasavr, the game crashes and says there's an error (p1). And also for my terrasavr there is no version 1.4.3.6, I wonder if these two problems may be related? (p2) I also tried ctrl+shift+R to refresh, but nothing seems to work. I used terrasavr before and this never happened.View attachment 371057View attachment 371058
If I were to guess, you have either set the hair style index to an out-of-bounds value (either negative or beyond max count) or have changed the version to one that doesn't have your style yet (check what format number is on another character).

There is not a button for 1.4.3.6 because I continue to put off making a separate controls page with 50 or so version buttons.

after checking, I realized I did set the hairstyle beyond max count...I changed it and it works now, thank you so much!!!<3

I am very impressed at the speed of that update!

I'm also happy to see you're doing OK considering what you mentioned about Ukraine a little while ago.

Hello!

1.4.4 increased the amount of buffs you can have before reaching the cap, any plans to let us add more than 20 buffs/debuffs using the tool in the future?

Thank you for your hard work.

1.4.4 increased the amount of buffs you can have before reaching the cap, any plans to let us add more than 20 buffs/debuffs using the tool in the future?
That is done now - didn't realize that people used this many buffs.

I'm also happy to see you're doing OK considering what you mentioned about Ukraine a little while ago.
I wouldn't quite describe my state of mind as "okay", but I still live in the same apartment as before the war and none of my family/friends have been wounded or killed, which is better than how many people have it these days. Trying to work on projects when I'm not completely overwhelmed with news and overall situation.

I use buffs to show off pets without clogging my inventory with different IDs since its just faster to drag them from a shorter list than the library. Otherwise i like giving myself debuffs as a joke or a challenge.

Works great and thanks for making it, and stay safe!
EDIT: Turns out I forgot to hit load, not sure whether it works on multiple loadouts though.

Last edited:
will the DL version updated ?
It looks it is an older version ........
If the offline version is not updating for you automatically, you can go to the appdata folder and delete the Terrasavr folder in there, and then run it again to force it to download the updated data.
That worked for me.

If the offline version is not updating for you automatically, you can go to the appdata folder and delete the Terrasavr folder in there, and then run it again to force it to download the updated data.
That worked for me.
There's a menu item for that, no need to delete the folder by hand:
1664841362392.png

I don't update the offline version (which is but a pre-configured browser that downloads the online version and makes sure it's kept around for offline use, really), though I probably should soon for security's sake...

In related news, you can now edit loadouts and characters created in Terrasavr (instead of loading-saving an existing character) now load properly in Terraria, which isn't a feature that I expected people to use often (or at all, really)

There's a menu item for that, no need to delete the folder by hand:
View attachment 385445
How strange....
I already tried the force reload before, but it still did not get the latest version (checked by looking at the buffs tab), so I tried deleting the folder manually and that worked.
Well, whatever works, I suppose.

Also, thank you for the ability to edit loadouts.

Edit: The most recent update messed up the tools section. The items appear like as if they are in the wrong slots.

An unrelated question, but would it be too much of a hassle to make ctrl-click set buff durations to a high value similar to the other sections?

Last edited:
Edit: The most recent update messed up the tools section. The items appear like as if they are in the wrong slots.
Uploaded a new version - I forgot that these were ordered as "item 1 - dye 1 - item 2 - dye 2" instead of items first and then dyes for them (like most other inventory sections are)

An unrelated question, but would it be too much of a hassle to make ctrl-click set buff durations to a high value similar to the other sections?
Done that. I also noticed that most (all?) buffs are no longer capped at ~5 hours so I made it set the value slightly higher for both library buffs and manually maxing out.
1665001296965.png

Back
Top Bottom