OOC A Subcontinent in Ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to try to fix your post.

The year is 2008.
In our timeline, Europe's biggest concern wouldn't be having to deal with being a nuclear wasteland.
This isn't that timeline.

Since the year 1983, Europe has been recovering from devastating nuclear annihilation from bombs planted by the US in case of invasion.
However, it seems the bombs were activated prematurely, and it's now a complete hellhole (more than I've heard it is nowadays).

However, some countries have been making slow and steady recoveries, inching their ways to having stable governments and possible economies. Sadly for the people here, Germany is not one of those countries, having been still divided into East and West when the nukes went off.

Most of the population lives in bunkers, with only scavengers going to the surface to get supplies when needed. At least for them technology has been developed in the last 25 years to make things easier, such as boots designed for traversing tall buildings, hand-held grappling hooks for scaling walls, and quick radiation treatment meds that may have side effects.

So... yeah. A country destroyed by its own warmongering, now destroyed again by nuclear fallout. The world could be your oyster, or it could kill you.
Which one happens, I don't know yet. Maybe the blacksite under the former capital city could have something to do with it.

Nickname (Optional):
Species (see rules):
Personality (Likes and dislikes also work):
Appearance (Optional):
Strengths:
Weaknesses (Required):
Backstory (Optional):
Place of Origin:
Main Equipment (see rules):
Faction:
Extra (You can put character themes or sources of inspiration here):
Identifier (Text code or just what will be used to specify the character):
For the first time I've done, I'm introducing the Disposable Character Template.
Disposable Characters are one-offs meant to fulfill a purpose. That purpose is usually working as an NPC merchant or the like, and then dying horribly.
They do not require as much info as main characters, but they may be killed at any point by the main characters.
Think of them as unprotected NPCs in a Fallout game.
Name:
Age (Unspecific):
Main Weapon:
Function (Required):
Name:
Goals:
Friendly to:
Hostile to:
Backstory (Optional):
Size:
Familiarity to the masses:
Place of Origin:
Extra:
Identifier:
1. When it comes to species, use whatever, but please explain how it fits into the RP.
2. Keep TFs to a minimum.
3. Permission-to-kill is required for main characters.
4. Only you (and any dice rolls you make) control your characters. You do not control other's characters without permission.
5. Adding stuff to the template is acceptable.
6. Please space out your paragraphs if you make any. It's not fun reading a large wall of text.
7. Historical accuracy isn't required, but it's encouraged.
8. Please, no godmodding or metagaming.
9. Don't go too over-the-top with the bleakness. I get that most of Europe is dead, but don't make things too difficult to RP without feeling depressed.
10. Adding onto that, try to take things seriously at least to a point.
If you have any questions or additions you'd like, go ahead.
Is everything meant to be centered, or just the story? As right now only the story section is centered.

All right, should be fixed now. And if you want to put this in the first post again, quote it, switch to bbcode mode, select everything and copy it as is, edit the first post, delete everything, then paste this. Once that is done, in bbcode mode delete the [QUOTE][/QUOTE] tags, and this message. That should get it to work.

The year is 2008.
In our timeline, Europe's biggest concern wouldn't be having to deal with being a nuclear wasteland.
This isn't that timeline.

Since the year 1983, Europe has been recovering from devastating nuclear annihilation from bombs planted by the US in case of invasion.
However, it seems the bombs were activated prematurely, and it's now a complete hellhole (more than I've heard it is nowadays).

However, some countries have been making slow and steady recoveries, inching their ways to having stable governments and possible economies. Sadly for the people here, Germany is not one of those countries, having been still divided into East and West when the nukes went off.

Most of the population lives in bunkers, with only scavengers going to the surface to get supplies when needed. At least for them technology has been developed in the last 25 years to make things easier, such as boots designed for traversing tall buildings, hand-held grappling hooks for scaling walls, and quick radiation treatment meds that may have side effects.

So... yeah. A country destroyed by its own warmongering, now destroyed again by nuclear fallout. The world could be your oyster, or it could kill you.
Which one happens, I don't know yet. Maybe the blacksite under the former capital city could have something to do with it.

Nickname (Optional):
Species (see rules):
Personality (Likes and dislikes also work):
Appearance (Optional):
Strengths:
Weaknesses (Required):
Backstory (Optional):
Place of Origin:
Main Equipment (see rules):
Faction:
Extra (You can put character themes or sources of inspiration here):
Identifier (Text code or just what will be used to specify the character):
For the first time I've done, I'm introducing the Disposable Character Template.
Disposable Characters are one-offs meant to fulfill a purpose. That purpose is usually working as an NPC merchant or the like, and then dying horribly.
They do not require as much info as main characters, but they may be killed at any point by the main characters.
Think of them as unprotected NPCs in a Fallout game.
Name:
Age (Unspecific):
Main Weapon:
Function (Required):
Name:
Goals:
Friendly to:
Hostile to:
Backstory (Optional):
Size:
Familiarity to the masses:
Place of Origin:
Extra:
Identifier:
1. When it comes to species, use whatever, but please explain how it fits into the RP.
2. Keep TFs to a minimum.
3. Permission-to-kill is required for main characters.
4. Only you (and any dice rolls you make) control your characters. You do not control other's characters without permission.
5. Adding stuff to the template is acceptable.
6. Please space out your paragraphs if you make any. It's not fun reading a large wall of text.
7. Historical accuracy isn't required, but it's encouraged.
8. Please, no godmodding or metagaming.
9. Don't go too over-the-top with the bleakness. I get that most of Europe is dead, but don't make things too difficult to RP without feeling depressed.
10. Adding onto that, try to take things seriously at least to a point.
If you have any questions or additions you'd like, go ahead.

Alright, may as well just state some news...

I'm opening up a backup moderator position for the times I'll be offline.

I'll also be trying to advertise the RP heavier due to the fact I need to desensitize myself to the :red:tiness of the real world spent quite some time trying to debate with others over how the RP should go, and I don't want it to go to waste.

Another update, I guess.
The mod vote will be happening once everyone who's decided to join at the time (BT, Schparksss, DW73, and I) has posted a character.

Nickname (Optional): Nyx
Species (see rules): Human
Personality (Likes and dislikes also work): Very outgoing and bubbly and has an unwavering sense of loyalty to those she deems her friends. Enjoys physical activity.
Appearance (Optional): Black hair that flows to just under her shoulders. Darker skin that indicates she is mixed. Honey gold eyes that are nice and warm. Fairly short at 5'4.
Strengths: Excels at parkour and other agility based activities.
Weaknesses (Required): Isn't very strong. While she can lift her own body and maybe help someone up, she's not going to be doing any great feats of strength anytime soon.
Backstory (Optional): (later)
Place of Origin: Berlin. She was born 2 years after the bombs went off.
Main Equipment (see rules): A super heated combat knife, a handheld grappling hook, and boots that can assist her when jumping.
Faction: (TBD, but for now, none)
Extra (You can put character themes or sources of inspiration here): (my flipping head. :D)
Identifier (Text code or just what will be used to specify the character): 95708F

If you're still looking for a mod in the RP, I would be more than happy to assist. :D

I'm just shutting down this RP.
I just :red:ing can't be bothered to deal with this when half of the people who suggested it are gone forever.

Another update, I guess.
The mod vote will be happening once everyone who's decided to join at the time (BT, Schparksss, DW73, and I) has posted a character.
I believe I just found the source of one of the issues in this post.

One of these people left the forums, Schparksss actually did post a character, but I forgot, and after that there's only you.

Anyway, right now my plan for a character here was basically someone who took a few too many of the wrong kind of radiation treatment meds, and suffered some somewhat severe side effects that include, but are not limited to, all of those listed on that one thing @Sylbus once posted.

Anyway, right now my plan for a character here was basically someone who took a few too many of the wrong kind of radiation treatment meds, and suffered some somewhat severe side effects that include, but are not limited to, all of those listed on that one thing @Sylbus once posted.
1665356544411.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom